OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kid is a colossal with a sense of entitlement - his behavior (fueled by alcohol or not) demonstrates that pretty clearly. No need to go into the Union drunk & obnoxious and belittle that manager like that. He definitely should get what's coming to him after this.

That being said, I also hope he gets his act straightened out. Don't want to see young lives ruined permanently because someone happened to capture his latest tirade on a cellphone video. But that's the age we live in now - anything captured on video goes viral instantly. He's the Mac & Cheese Kid in social media now - he's gotta own it. Now take your medicine and get your life together, kid.

Reaction Score
This video has now appeared on the local FOX news here in NYC, and in NY Daily News ...
No shocker for UCONN getting some love in the NY television market, especially given Mac & Cheese Kid's a Long Island punk. But, the video's appeared on TV, online, etc. in all corners of the world. Now, that's B1G exposure.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I finally got sucked into this whole mac-and-cheese thing. Three quick observations:

1) I want that hour of my life back.

2) If smartphones had come out during the time I was in Storrs, I'm pretty sure a bunch of us here - myself included - would've seen the inside of Enfield or Niantic at some point.

3) From now on: whenever UConn and UMass meet in football, they must play for a hot, steaming vat of bacon-jalepeno mac n' cheese. And by God if this doesn't happen, we're doin' it all wrong...

Reaction Score
This kid will end up at a place like Franklin Pierce in NH where there are plenty of his kind who go unnoticed. They go up there to be ski bums on daddy's dollar and party like crazy. Some get some work done others don't but the school will take the cash for a while before throwing them out.

Reaction Score
3) From now on: whenever UConn and UMass meet in football, they must play for a hot, steaming vat of bacon-jalepeno mac n' cheese. And by God if this doesn't happen, we're doin' it all wrong...

I like this. Who needs the Civil Conflict when we could duke it out in the Mac & Cheese Bowl?

Somebody get Diaco on this. Can't wait to see the trophy he glues together.

Reaction Score
I like this. Who needs the Civil Conflict when we could duke it out in the Mac & Cheese Bowl? Somebody get Diaco on this. Can't wait to see the trophy he glues together.
"glue together"?

Just let it sit long enough, and it will become the petrified Mac & Cheese Bowl. Geologists will study the result, and research $$$ will flow in to Storrs B1G time.

Reaction Score
I realize that this kid is an and has provided the over-40 crowd with a platform to complain about the younger generation, but at the same time this is easily the best video of all-time.

For starters, I found it absolutely hysterical that the kid continued to ask for the mac and cheese and seemed genuinely confused that they weren't giving it to him. "Just give me my f'in bacon mac and cheese, I'll pay for it, I don't see what the problem is," is my favorite line.

I do feel bad for the adults that had to deal with this, but let's all admit that this provided some great theatre. It was a perfect piece of satire, only it wasn't satire because it was too real.

Reaction Score
I like this. Who needs the Civil Conflict when we could duke it out in the Mac & Cheese Bowl?

stole that "glues together" joke from the football board. at least give credit where credit is due.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
and has provided the over-40 crowd with a platform to complain about the younger generation
Where was that? Has nothing to do with the younger generation and I haven't seen any comments suggesting that it does.

It has to do with being an arrogant, disrespectful, spoiled jerk, which is a pretty timeless problem that is not unique to any generation. Presumably, the kid learned this behavior from an adult.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

fusilli-jerry.jpg

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Where was that? Has nothing to do with the younger generation and I haven't seen any comments suggesting that it does.

It has to do with being an arrogant, disrespectful, spoiled jerk, which is a pretty timeless problem that is not unique to any generation. Presumably, the kid learned this behavior from an adult.

I agree that characterizing this as "no big deal" young drunk behavior is really inappropriate. I also did not find it to be entertaining. People who have to deal with this kind of abusive behavior usually don't get paid nearly enough to compensate for it.

Reaction Score
stole that "glues together" joke from the football board. at least give credit where credit is due.

No prob - never denied it came from the football board. But it fits well.

Reaction Score
When he hopefully gets kicked out of UCONN, he would seem to be a perfect fit for Louisville. Do they have a ski team?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Better yet, the losing team has to take the kid back.

Reaction Score
I really feel for the kid. I hope someone cares enough to give him some tough love, and straighten him out or he is going to have a bigger problem down the road. He looks like he is 13 in the picture, I saw on one of our boards.it is ok for his family to stand do by him but someone has to rein him in and I hope they do.

Reaction Score
I really feel for the kid. I hope someone cares enough to give him some tough love, and straighten him out or he is going to have a bigger problem down the road. He looks like he is 13 in the picture, I saw on one of our boards.it is ok for his family to stand do by him but someone has to rein him in and I hope they do.

I'm not defending him at all as his behavior was reprehensible but there is something unsettling about this tech age we live in when people can just whip out their phone and videotape you in public (a lot of times without your knowledge) and than go run to a tabloid website to pretty much have it spread on the internet like a wild fire to ruin you for good. When I was in school (15 years ago) this would have been a unfortunate incident, the kid would have been expelled, learned a tough lesson (hopefully) and either straightened out or keep on the same destructive path. Now? He really has no path for this screw up. He's done. More young people have got to realize this. Including the kid who whipped out his phone to film it for 10 minutes and than went running to Barstool instead of stepping in and helping the manager which would have been better for everyone involved.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really don't understand the concern about it being recorded. Is there any evidence the recorder "ran to the tabloids" rather than just uploading it to youtube and then virality running its normal course?

I've lived my whole life in a world with portable recording technology and managed to never drunkenly assault someone in the middle of a crowded public area. It's not that tough.

Reaction Score
I'm not defending him at all as his behavior was reprehensible but there is something unsettling about this tech age we live in when people can just whip out their phone and videotape you in public (a lot of times without your knowledge) and than go run to a tabloid website to pretty much have it spread on the internet like a wild fire to ruin you for good. When I was in school (15 years ago) this would have been a unfortunate incident, the kid would have been expelled, learned a tough lesson (hopefully) and either straightened out or keep on the same destructive path. Now? He really has no path for this screw up. He's done. More young people have got to realize this. Including the kid who whipped out his phone to film it for 10 minutes and than went running to Barstool instead of stepping in and helping the manager which would have been better for everyone involved.
I hear you but without the video the kid probably isn't expelled and this kid didn't belong at UConn. The kid who recorded the video didn't go to the tabloids, he just posted it on youtube and the rest is history.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not defending him at all as his behavior was reprehensible but there is something very unsettling about this tech age we live in when people can just whip out their phone and videotape you in public (alot of times without your knowledge) and than go run to a tabloid website to pretty much have it spread on the internet like a wild fire to ruin you for good. When I was in school (15 years ago) this would have been a unfortunate incident, the kid would have been expelled, learned a tough lesson (hopefully) and either straightened out or keep on the same destructive path. Now? He really has no option for his screw up. He's done. More young people have got to realize this. Including the kid who whipped out his phone to film it for 10 minutes and than went running to Barstool instead of stepping in and helping the manager which would have been better for everyone involved.
I disagree. The kid knew he was being filmed and inaccurately predicted that the posting of it would vindicate him.

Several people tried to help the manager and the kid, to no avail, until Chef Hat manned up and took matters into his own hands--literally.

I think that the posting of this could very well end up helping the kid and discouraging countless others. There is no gray area about what happened, no need to play "he said/he said," and no reason to waste valuable school resources and countless peoples' time and money with disciplinary hearings, etc. No reason for his parents to have to choose between believing their child or believing others.

If I had a son I would be using this as a teaching moment about how you treat people, and about the dangers of intoxication. I will probably still go over it with my older daughters to show them what kind of crap they might experience at college and elsewhere, and to engage them in a discussion about what they would do.

There is no stopping the technology. Better to use this as a lesson about living in these times--or any time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can see being embarrassed by the shame this brought to our university, but personally I don't have any of that. Everyone knows there are entitled mushroom caps just about wherever you go, so I was just happy that the video revealed only 1 kid like that. There was no crowd of friends supporting him with awful behavior, there were throngs of nice kids in their UConn gear who didn't want to get into a fight with the kid but didn't want to leave the train wreck either.

I wouldn't be embarrassed. As you say, there are full on douches wherever you go. That said, you'd hope admissions would have a higher standard of excellence than getting kicked out of another state school for assaulting cops and using racial slurs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Probably texting friends that they're missing out on what she's witnessing live in the union over mac & cheese.
Opposite. They're describing this kid swearing left and right about some mac and cheese and she's excited to get this information totally missing events in front of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom