OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Saw on the Buy+Sell facebook page that D.P. Dough has a new calzone:

DP Dough is now introducing The Mac-Gatti Zone!
Mac and Cheese, Bacon and Jalapenos!
12047191_10205143665696785_8350021724660310847_n.jpg

Great marketing! Sounds good too, lol.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It is hard to feel sorry for such a , but yeah as a human being you have the right of it, TCF. Everyone makes mistakes.

And please let me echo another sentiment I saw in this thread: Thank the ever loving lord cell cameras and social media were not around in my college days. While I never acted specifically like this kid I certainly did a ton of stuff Im not proud of in retrospect and Im glad photo/video and social media thoughts weren't there to capture them.
I know who you are and I have photos of you I'm ready to upload to the internet. I can be bought off with one of these mac and cheese things, only it has to be maugasmic. You know 'n mac and cheese. Jalopenos are optional.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So this video has officially gone viral. In 24 hours this kid has gotten UConn more press and discussion than our loaded bball team has throughout this offseason.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I know who you are and I have photos of you I'm ready to upload to the internet. I can be bought off with one of these mac and cheese things, only it has to be maugasmic. You know 'n mac and cheese. Jalopenos are optional.
jalapenos are NEVER optional. unless, of course, you are wearing a skirt. :)

Reaction Score
and we have now officially achieved liftoff:

Comment on YT

Hi, I'm a producer with NBC Connecticut. We'd like to report on this story. Can NBC Universal have permission to use the video in all its television and online platforms? We can put a credit/courtesy on the video if you have one you'd like.
Of course it's going to be on the CT. news, it's a viral sensation of a kid acting ridiculous and getting arrested at the state University. The video has everything from young punk acting better than a man who helps serve him food all the way to young punk spitting in said mans face while handcuffed. Pretty sure when you are arrested you lose the right to not have your arrest shown, that's why we see arrests on the news all the time.

Reaction Score
I see adults like this pretty much every day. I am in a construction related field and travel a lot. I live in Fairfield County and commute often to Manhattan, Westchester and Long Island. Yes, he clearly has a drinking problem. However, he is also an entitled brat. I see them every day. They don't care about anybody but themselves. They drive like idiots. They don't get up on the subway and offer their seat to pregnant women. They throw trash out of the windows of their BMWs. They whine if they have to wait for anything for more than 15 seconds. They don't like when anyone says no the them and they lash out like the entitled brats that they are. That is him and he is them.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
In regards to all the "kid deserves a second chance" discussion, this kid was given SEVERAL second chances during the 9 minute video. The manager was being super cool relative to the situation and gave him ample opportunities to simply walk away with no consequence but this a**hat decided to keep escalating the situation when he saw he was on camera and people were watching. Would you want you or your children to have to share a campus community with the likes of people like this? People who have no regard for others based on his blatant disregard for the manager's job or value as a being. Someone who clearly shows zero respect to laws or the police?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
how epic would it have been if it was Purvis instead of the cook with the full nelson take down. We couldve already started polishing trophy #5

No, Emmert would shut down all of our athletic programs as punishment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
In regards to all the "kid deserves a second chance" discussion, this kid was given SEVERAL second chances during the 9 minute video. The manager was being super cool relative to the situation and gave him ample opportunities to simply walk away with no consequence but this a**hat decided to keep escalating the situation when he saw he was on camera and people were watching. Would you want you or your children to have to share a campus community with the likes of people like this? People who have no regard for others based on his blatant disregard for the manager's job or value as a being. Someone who clearly shows zero respect to laws or the police?
I have not seen one person who has advocated the kid deserves a second chance". Did I miss someone?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Superjohn and Tcf were discussing it above my post.
Thought the tcf post was what you were referencing. I don't get the impression tcf was advocating a second chance. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Reaction Score
The kid needed someone to tell him "no."

And not just about alcohol.

Unless/until that happens, nothing is likely to change.

This is exactly my thoughts. I tell my 7 year old son no to things just to get him ready. In reality the answer may be yes, but I do it because he's starting to jump up and down and scream when he hears no, so I would be in jail for murder if he turned out anything like this kid.

Reaction Score
Superjohn and Tcf were discussing it above my post.
Not saying he deserves a second chance. Saying he needs help more than anything else, and that it's a shame that alcohol, which was the original problem at UMass, got him in trouble again at UConn.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Not saying he deserves a second chance. Saying he needs help more than anything else, and that it's a shame that alcohol, which was the original problem at UMass, got him in trouble again at UConn.
I sent you a pm!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
FriarJ said:
Wait till he gets a hold of the Lobster mac & Cheese in Kingston.

That's the obvious next stop. And when he gets tossed from there he can try the heady maple infused Mac and cheese up in Burlington.
Plus he wouldn't get full nelsoned up there they would just hug him until he had a break through.

Reaction Score

Alcohol may be the problem, but it's entirely possible that he's just a jerk who also drinks too much. If I had to guess, the bigger problem for him is probably his parents, who appear to enable his terrible behavior.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Thought the tcf post was what you were referencing. I don't get the impression tcf was advocating a second chance. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.
You are the hero this board needs fleud

Reaction Score
I think this kid is "garden variety" 19 year old drunk. Maybe beyond what most of us ever experience. I have seen this kind of crap.

But, what's different (that I would tell an audience of college age kids) is the presence of a phone taking video. ALL of this is instantly there to bring you to ever worse endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom