OT: Best Ice Cream in CT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Ice Cream in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmmm...never heard that about Wentworth's before, and it's disappointing if true.

I haven't been there in years and the only thing I went there for was their peach ice cream, made with fresh local peaches, and only when in season. Didn't note any food coloring in that, and it would kind of run counter to the whole idea of using only fresh peaches.

I definitely have my flavor preferences at each place. For Ashley's it's pumpkin or cinnamon. For Brickley's it's ginger or malted milk balls.

I'm a sucker for good coconut ice cream or gelato wherever I can get it, even better if dark chocolate is also an option and I can do 1/2 and 1/2.

I disagree that gelato is inferior to American ice cream, but I've yet to have gelato in this country that has been as good as about a dozen places I had it Italy, and I have no idea why that is.

Cool story bro...:)

Do you like coconut cream pie? When I was a kid watching Gilligan's Island...Mary Ann used to make Gilligan coconut cream pie all the time. So as a kid my parents took me to a restaurant called the Pie Plate in Avon and they had coconut cream pie. That was my first true coconut experience. There was no turning back. Now I am addicted to everything coconut especially ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89
Top Bottom