OT: Best Ice Cream in CT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Ice Cream in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Les's in Meriden on East Main used to be great and that ice cream shop in Windsor Locks by the airport has some great soft serv.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Praline's Southington & I think Wallingford

Libby's Italian Ice, New Haven (right next door to the best pizza in CT)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

1st time I've ever seen anyone say Praline's. The only thing I like there is their chocolate chip, its up there with the best chocolate chip in the state.

Reaction Score
Had last night, the Mexican Dark Chocolate (cinnamon, clove and heat in there somewhere) is fantastic. My wife had Rose Chocolate which was also unique and great.

I almost went yesterday around 5. Wanted the strawberry Oreo. It's both good and bad that they're closed Sunday's........

Reaction Score
1st time I've ever seen anyone say Praline's. The only thing I like there is their chocolate chip, its up there with the best chocolate chip in the state.
When I was in Connecticut I had praline's in rocky hill and thought it was great ice cream! The ice cream cake we had for my niece's birthday to was the best. I was actually surprised nobody was mentioning this place but I don't live in ct so didn't know if there were better. Just knew they have great ice cream there!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

their texture is amazing, and coconut cream, maple walnut, pistachio are all as good as it gets

Reaction Score
My top three are Sweet Claude's in Cheshire, which happened to be walking distance from my house when I was little, the Dairy Bar in Storrs and just down the street from Sweet Claude's, which opened when I was in HS, Wentworth's in Hamden, which was often staffed by very friendly girls from Quinnipiac.

Reaction Score
Sweet Claude's is in Cheshire where Rte 10 & 42 meet. It's in an old red house next door to McD's.

Reaction Score
I live in Boston, and some brilliant superhero of a woman moved from Rochester to my neighborhood, and she and her husband opened up an Abbot's. My dad's family is from there originally, so whenever my cousins come to visit, the #1 requirement is that we hit up Abbot's at some point. It's amazing. Literally a 10-minute walk from my front door.

I like White Mountain Creamery near BC. Cookie Monster... mmmmm..

Reaction Score
http://www.tulmeadowfarmstore.com/our-ice-cream/

I would vote Tulmeadow #1. Although many of the suggestions here seem amazing. Look forward to trying some of them. Tulmeadow does raise grass-fed beef (so if you are a vegetarian bypassing TMF would be understandable). If not don't let the Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer type of chick stop you from enjoying the great ice cream. I recommend the Coconut w/Chocolate Covered Almonds. :D

Reaction Score
Welcome to the best ice cream in the United States of America!

Sit on a little sack of hay and listen to the cows "moo Moo" across the street!

Enjoy!

http://www.tulmeadowfarmstore.com/

So on the first page of this thread, it's "Listen to the cows "moo moo" across the street!" and now, 3 pages later we get another recommendation for the same place with a disclaimer? Give it up, Blue. The ice cream really isn't that great.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We-Li-Kit Ice cream in Abington. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but it's worth the trip- a hidden gem. Plus they make fresh hot Belgian waffle cones-still hot when you eat it.

Reaction Score
So on the first page of this thread, it's "Listen to the cows "moo moo" across the street!" and now, 3 pages later we get another recommendation for the same place with a disclaimer? Give it up, Blue. The ice cream really isn't that great.

So YOU made a post under "bluedoghouse". Maybe you will be smarter for it? :) Don't be so hypersensitive. I understand the place may not be for everyone because of the grass-fed beef but arent you embarrassed that you are posting under my name? lol

Reaction Score

I second Pralines in Wallingford, there are a whole bunch across the state now. Reeses Nightmare! Chocolate peanut butter ice cream with mini peanut butter cups

Reaction Score
I second Pralines in Wallingford, there are a whole bunch across the state now. Reeses Nightmare! Chocolate peanut butter ice cream with mini peanut butter cups

Good stuff!

Reaction Score
This is not an ice cream establishment per se but Trader Joes has their own brand of great ice cream, and I would nominate the vanilla as best vanilla in Ct., and a half gallon is actually a half gallon unlike most brands. Other favors are good too. Very rich stuff, made for them by a California company.

Reaction Score
This is not an ice cream establishment per se but Trader Joes has their own brand of great ice cream, and I would nominate the vanilla as best vanilla in Ct., and a half gallon is actually a half gallon unlike most brands. Other favors are good too. Very rich stuff, made for them by a California company.
Cool story bro...I like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak