OT: Best Ice Cream in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best Ice Cream in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couldn't find previous posts but its summer now and I'm hot. All ice cream ain't ice cream and I scream for ice cream. Also its something everyone can afford. Hell, italian ice is fine.

So as we travel around the state, please tell me you got somewhere better than these: Linky

However, Timothy's in Black Rock is great.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm normally contrarian when it comes to these favorite places threads, but the dairy bar at UConn is just amazing.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Obviously the Dairy Bar has some bias, but I'd have to go with Rich Farm hands down.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Dairy Barn is only for premium people.

Some of you, clearly, are not premium people. There are lesser establishments that kindly cater to the lesser lights and you are good to go there. It's awkward when non-premium people go to premium places like the Dairy Barn.

So, if you are a premium person, I recommend the Dairy Barn.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Dairy Barn is only for premium people.

Some of you, clearly, are not premium people. There are lesser establishments that kindly cater to the lesser lights and you are good to go there. It's awkward when non-premium people go to premium places like the Dairy Barn.

So, if you are a premium person, I recommend the Dairy Barn.
Where is this "Dairy Barn" of which you speak? Must be pretty premium--I am only aware of the Dairy Bar. The extra letter must be reserved for the truly elite.

Perhaps I need to wear my Nike Elite UConn apparel there.

Reaction Score
Where is this "Dairy Barn" of which you speak? Must be pretty premium--I am only aware of the Dairy Bar. The extra letter must be reserved for the truly elite.

No, your normal barn clothes are fine.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Off the beaten path, but the Fish Family Farm in Bolton makes their ice cream from scratch right on site, using milk from their own herd of Jersey cows. The kitchen is right next to the barn. Extremely rich and worth the trip - the farm is beautiful too.

Shady Glen, right nearby, is also great but like most places I think they buy their base from someone else (Guida maybe?) and finish it themselves at the store.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

If it's not Hyper Elite, don't bother. Elite alone is just so common.

Reaction Score
Couldn't find previous posts but its summer now and I'm hot. All ice cream ain't ice cream and I scream for ice cream. Also its something everyone can afford. Hell, italian ice is fine.

So as we travel around the state, please tell me you got somewhere better than these: Linky

Burger King .50 cone.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Welcome to the best ice cream in the United States of America!

Sit on a little sack of hay and listen to the cows "moo Moo" across the street!

Enjoy!

http://www.tulmeadowfarmstore.com/

It is a cow death camp - those cows are for eating, not milking.

You can bring your family to the Tulmeadow death farm and watch the condemned nervously wait out their last days, but I will go to UConn with the rest of the premium people.

Premium people do not like your savage cow death camp ice cream.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Does Connecticut have any Dairy Queen's?

I'm making my annual penalty run up there in a few weeks and I want to treat the kids to something good.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Several years ago on the way home to NJ from the Boston Marathon I treated myself to a double mint chocolate chip cone from the Dairy Barn. After picking it up I called my wife and asked her where she thought I was. Immediate response? You bastard you're at the Dairy Barn with a mint chocolate chip. "No dear" I replied I have a double!! Double dip at the Dairy Barn and a trip to see the newborn pigs up at the farm were a sure bet for a romantic evening. Such is life in May in Storrs CT.

Reaction Score
It is a cow death camp - those cows are for eating, not milking.

You can bring your family to the Tulmeadow death farm and watch the condemned nervously wait out their last days, but I will go to UConn with the rest of the premium people.

Premium people do not like your savage cow death camp ice cream.

The last I knew it was also a working dairy where 70 cows are milked daily per the article below.

So get your facts straight and come back and see me!!! LOL :)

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/534/tulmeadow-dairy-farm

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The last I knew it was also a working dairy where 70 cows are milked daily per the article below.

So get your facts straight and come back and see me!!! LOL :)

In 2003 we stopped milking cows, (it was costing more money for us to produce the milk than we were getting paid for it!) and started down a new path raising grass-fed beef cattle. We now have a herd of over 50 head of cross-bred beef cattle of various ages.

Enjoy your ice cream, Mr. Stalin!

Reaction Score
In 2003 we stopped milking cows, (it was costing more money for us to produce the milk than we were getting paid for it!) and started down a new path raising grass-fed beef cattle. We now have a herd of over 50 head of cross-bred beef cattle of various ages.

Enjoy your ice cream, Mr. Stalin!

I don't have a self proclaimed cult like following like you Mr. Fishy! LOL

Unfortunately no one ever credited me at any time of my life with god-like qualities as some did Mr. Stalin. :(

I just prefer a little in season pumpkin ice cream on a farm surrounded by the people I love. :)

Keep up the good work with the fund raising! :)

Reaction Score
I prefer the Haagen Dasz in New Canaan, using the "apizza theory" that an extra a makes food taste better. I recommend the butter pecaan, unless you just like plain vaanilla.

Reaction Score
I was spoiled for many years in the Boston area with a ton of great ice cream, but there are some here in CT too.

Peaches 'N Cream on Rt. 202 in Litchfield near the Torrington line.

Dairy De-lite on Rt 6 in Woodbury.

Rich Farm in Oxford is excellent.

Despite being in the article Kitaman disparaged in creating the thread, Ferris Acres Creamery on Rt 302 in Newtown is very good, but it's not worth the lengthy waits if you hit the busiest times.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Does Connecticut have any Dairy Queen's?

I'm making my annual penalty run up there in a few weeks and I want to treat the kids to something good.
Southington, Plainville, East Hartford, Berlin, Newington, Portland, Clinton just off the top of my head.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't have a self proclaimed cult like following like you Mr. Fishy! LOL

Unfortunately no one ever credited me at any time of my life with god-like qualities as some did Mr. Stalin. :(

I just prefer a little in season pumpkin ice cream on a farm surrounded by the people I love. :)

Keep up the good work with the fund raising! :)
Their pumpkin is great, but I find that the condemned meat-on-hoof attracts a cuse-load of horseflies to the area.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I prefer the Haagen Dasz in New Canaan, using the "apizza theory" that an extra a makes food taste better. I recommend the butter pecaan, unless you just like plain vaanilla.

We need to get you some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger