OK, Texas, Kansas, UCONN to Big Ten ?? Works for me. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OK, Texas, Kansas, UCONN to Big Ten ?? Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW if OU, KU and TX have 1.5 feet out the door like this post implies, it would make sense why the Big 12 has not expanded despite all the smoke. They don't have the votes and are paralyzed to do anything.

Of course, this could be just the tin foil hat talking.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW if OU, KU and TX have 1.5 feet out the door like this post implies, it would make sense why the Big 12 has not expanded despite all the smoke. They don't have the votes and are paralyzed to do anything.

Of course, this could be just the tin foil hat talking.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Wait...yours talks?!

Reaction Score
Since someone over there has been posting what is being said over here, though I would do the same in reverse.

Although just a post on a fan board, seems to me that we've come a long way in a few months.

Oklahoma, ready to blow up the Big 12 and bring some high profile friends to the Big Ten???

Not too long ago this would have been a logistical impossibility with little brothers, networks, and all. Might still be, but thoughts sure have changed.

Can we let @okielite back in for one response to this? :)

http://www.landthieves.com/board/sh...Sure-Why-Not&p=2400957&viewfull=1#post2400957

I made this prediction nearly a year ago on Frank the Tank and I believe this board.

The BIG essentially becomes the most potent basketball/football conference in the country.

I got plenty of shvt for it as well : ).

UConn really benefits from such an expansion - their hoops will stay the course if such an alignment occurs. I feel so bad for them being unjustly screwed over in the AAC. On the other hand, BIG basketball will have a program that doesn't choke in NCGs. But, I just don't know if UConn football will every get there, some good seasons here and there - 7 or maybe 8 wins.

Reaction Score
Gfunk said:
I made this prediction nearly a year ago on Frank the Tank and I believe this board. The BIG essentially becomes the most potent basketball/football conference in the country. I got plenty of shvt for it as well : ). UConn really benefits from such an expansion - their hoops will stay the course if such an alignment occurs. I feel so bad for them being unjustly screwed over in the AAC. On the other hand, BIG basketball will have a program that doesn't choke in NCGs. But, I just don't know if UConn football will every get there, some good seasons here and there - 7 or maybe 8 wins.
Sold!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Gfunk said:
I made this prediction nearly a year ago on Frank the Tank and I believe this board.

The BIG essentially becomes the most potent basketball/football conference in the country.

UConn really benefits from such an expansion - their hoops will stay the course if such an alignment occurs. I feel so bad for them being unjustly screwed over in the AAC. On the other hand, BIG basketball will have a program that doesn't choke in NCGs. But, I just don't know if UConn football will every get there, some good seasons here and there - 7 or maybe 8 wins.

If the divisions listed earlier came to pass, we are better than 4 of the programs in the East. We'd be fine, because we are always fine when given an equal shot.

Reaction Score
If the divisions listed earlier came to pass, we are better than 4 of the programs in the East. We'd be fine, because we are always fine when given an equal shot.

Not only that, but 7-8 wins in the Big Ten would make me do cartwheels down the runway. I was thrilled with those results in the Big East.

This goes without saying, but we're objectively better than every single hoops program involved in this discussion (looking at you, too, Kansas). Sign me up.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

I agree with all of this.

Believe it or not, there is room for "basketball schools" inside the power conferences, as long as those basketball schools deliver. UConn delivers on par with Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc. The catch: these basketball schools need to come up with a competitive football season here and there. No, they don't need to make the playoffs. But winning 7 or 8 games every few years AND being a perennial basketball powerhouse is a productive, and potentially lucrative, combination. The good news is that UConn football was actually its most competitive as a member of a BCS conference and making bowl games every other season. I can make you a promise: UConn football will be no worse than Rutgers football - a competitive program that will put together 8 win seasons every now and again and maybe even a 9+ win season every 10-15 years. But here's the difference: when football season ends, so does Rutgers' value...while UConn's main value will just get going.

Reaction Score
I agree with all of this.

Believe it or not, there is room for "basketball schools" inside the power conferences, as long as those basketball schools deliver. UConn delivers on par with Kentucky, Duke, UNC, etc. The catch: these basketball schools need to come up with a competitive football season here and there. No, they don't need to make the playoffs. But winning 7 or 8 games every few years AND being a perennial basketball powerhouse is a productive, and potentially lucrative, combination. The good news is that UConn football was actually its most competitive as a member of a BCS conference and making bowl games every other season. I can make you a promise: UConn football will be no worse than Rutgers football - a competitive program that will put together 8 win seasons every now and again and maybe even a 9+ win season every 10-15 years. But here's the difference: when football season ends, so does Rutgers' value...while UConn's main value will just get going.

I just hit "like" and then "unlike" several times in a row, just so I could keep hitting "like" again. The AAC has given me a variant of Tourette's, apparently.

Reaction Score

Wait. You are asking for credit because a prediction you made hasn't actually come true? Just because someone else predicted it?

pj

Reaction Score
Wait. You are asking for credit because a prediction you made hasn't actually come true? Just because someone else predicted it?

Yes. Me too. Don't I deserve a little credit for predicting what other people are predicting?

It does make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Reaction Score

Hey man, I got tons of crap for the idea because all the BIG traditionalists are football centric & have this ultra obsession with AAU. So damn right, if the prediction comes true, send me a bottle of fine wine.

I hope it happens, the plus 4 addition, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: pj

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hey man, I got tons of crap for the idea because all the BIG traditionalists are football centric & have this ultra obsession with AAU. So damn right, if the prediction comes true, send me a bottle of fine wine.

I hope it happens, the plus 4 addition, but I'm not holding my breath.
image.jpg

:D

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If that happens I'll go all in on buying a bottle and it won't be wine:
View attachment 10384
Saw some JW Platinum at the duty free shop last week and was considering getting it (it was pricey but not prohibitively) but went for some Islay single malt instead. If we get the invite then I'll track it down again!

Reaction Score
Saw some JW Platinum at the duty free shop last week and was considering getting it (it was pricey but not prohibitively) but went for some Islay single malt instead. If we get the invite then I'll track it down again!
Good Choice! Ardbeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32