OK, Texas, Kansas, UCONN to Big Ten ?? Works for me. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OK, Texas, Kansas, UCONN to Big Ten ?? Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Good Choice! Ardbeg?
Bruchladdich, an un-peated variety. I wanted to get Suntory Hibiki if it wasn't super expensive (I was at Narita) but the Delta terminal apparently doesn't sell Suntory.

Reaction Score
Bruchladdich, an un-peated variety. I wanted to get Suntory Hibiki if it wasn't super expensive (I was at Narita) but the Delta terminal apparently doesn't sell Suntory.

We should start a scotch/bourbon thread. I feel like we could get a lot out of it in terms of suggestions.

Reaction Score
We should start a scotch/bourbon thread. I feel like we could get a lot out of it in terms of suggestions.

Why would you ruin a scotch thread by talking about bourbon? Corn is for ethanol.

I find Islay scotches interesting, but would stay with the Speysiders myself.

Reaction Score
Why would you ruin a scotch thread by talking about bourbon? Corn is for ethanol.

I enjoy both depending on my mood.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Family member went to Scotland and was able to bring this back.
image.jpg

Reaction Score
I like a 12 year old named Glenn..... only appropriate for a grown man to say when talking about scotch.

For the value and everyday enjoyment (not special occasion), a nice 10 year old, cask strength, Macallan will do just fine.

macallan-cask-strength.jpg

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
junglehusky said:
Stew Leonard's has Hibiki but it is expensive. E went to the Yamazake distillary and tasted most of the Suntory products. The 25 is dar superior. I have a bottle of the 12 and its eh. I bought a bottle of nikka 17 that is delicious! I hoped to get a bottle of yamazake 18 but as you noted, you can't get it in terminal 1 at narita. 2 years ago I went thru terminal 2 and they did have a huge supply.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
NY, we've already had that thread:

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ot-bourbon-help.45117/

BL, check about halfway down page one of the above referenced thread and you'll find someone who is on record as preferring Speyside's to Islay's.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh man, that ^ nearly killed me.

I'll take the wine or maybe some Mad Dog.

I was a student at RIT in Rochester when that stuff hit the markets en masse. For us college kids it was cheap and got you L-O-A-D-E-D. If my memory is correct, there was a push to ban the sale of Cisco within city limits of larger cities in NY state due to every corner market and bodega selling it for dirt cheap.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The NCADD also says that consumption of a single 375-milliliter bottle of Cisco within one hour by a person weighing 150 pounds or less will result in a blood alcohol content level of .11, over the legal limit for driving while intoxicated in every state except Georgia.

And the only answer to that is, "Why do you think I bought it?"

dayooper

Reaction Score
And the only answer to that is, "Why do you think I bought it?"

Nasty stuff. A couple 40's of this got me started for my night:

k2-_50647643-bee8-4150-a14e-2ade5f614651.v1.jpg

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Nasty stuff. A couple 40's of this got me started for my night:

k2-_50647643-bee8-4150-a14e-2ade5f614651.v1.jpg
We used to hit the Mickey's Ice to start with... I should pick up a 40 to see how stupid I was. :cool:

dayooper

Reaction Score
I love how this thread about a credible (?) B1G rumor devolved into a drinking thread.

That says it all about the state of conference realignment for UConn fans.

If this thread could talk, this is what it would say:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mickey's were best drank in the 12oz hand grenade bottles. Especially when they used to have the pull tab cap instead of a screw cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom