OK, Texas, Kansas, UCONN to Big Ten ?? Works for me. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OK, Texas, Kansas, UCONN to Big Ten ?? Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
You mean these?

7122505605_074c6099d8_z.jpg

I remember the pull tabs. The "mouths" we're so big, you could just pour it down your throat. Like I said before, pure evil.

dayooper

Reaction Score
yup, this is what I remember
sg4m4k.jpg

dayooper

Reaction Score
BTW - Can someone explain to me the PBR revival? I remember that as nasty, one step above Old Mud (Old Milwaukee).

Reaction Score
BTW - Can someone explain to me the PBR revival? I remember that as nasty, one step above Old Mud (Old Milwaukee).
I think the hipsters think it's cool..along with Coor's Banquet, Naragansset, and Miller High Life among others. And oh yeah they have driven the price of it through the roof. Supply and demand at it's best!

Reaction Score

Blame Philly, PBR has been going strong there since who knows. The hipsters in Brooklyn picked-up on it in the last 5 years or so and it went downhill from there nationally.

Reaction Score
If the B1G was at 18 teams, that would mean basketball games would be home or away in conference, with 1 game left for a protected rival or rotating every year.

In football, I think you would have no choice but to go to 10 conference games (which was debated when the B1G decided to go to 9 conference games starting next season). So that would mean 8 division games, plus two rotating cross division games every year. Any form of rivalry with teams in the opposite division would be gone. The tradeoff would be having more elite teams in the conference.

dayooper

Reaction Score
If the B1G was at 18 teams, that would mean basketball games would be home or away in conference, with 1 game left for a protected rival or rotating every year.

In football, I think you would have no choice but to go to 10 conference games (which was debated when the B1G decided to go to 9 conference games starting next season). So that would mean 8 division games, plus two rotating cross division games every year. Any form of rivalry with teams in the opposite division would be gone. The tradeoff would be having more elite teams in the conference.

It all depends on the outcome of the vote to deregulate conference championship games and what's allowed to determine the participants. If the need for divisions is eliminated, than they can have any number of teams. You could have teams choose three permanent rivals and the conference decide the other six. To make it even easier, you could have the conference decide one or two semi-permanent games and have the rest. You may say the two highest ranked teams in the playoff rankings make the championship game. It all opens up if the conferences allow it to.

Reaction Score

Used to love the Old Milwaukee's, would stop at a package store on Rte 2 on the Mohawk Trail and pick up a six pack of kingers for the ride up to Mount Snow (back when we used to drink while driving)

Reaction Score
geohusky said:
Used to love the Old Milwaukee's, would stop at a package store on Rte 2 on the Mohawk Trail and pick up a six pack of kingers for the ride up to Mount Snow (back when we used to drink while driving)

How old are you? Pretty sure that custom went out with the high school class of 89, 90 or 91. It peaked in 88' or so. Drinking and driving around was a night out. I was a 91' grad and I started to think we might get in some trouble so we started partying around fires in the woods and what not. The trip to Mt Snow via 2 was legendary. I used to drive those roads at 65mph pot holes and all. Not a cop to be found.

Reaction Score
"Heineken!?! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!"

Blue Velvet - David Lynch film (early nineties, late eighties if I recall) Dennis Hopper's line. Ever since then it has always been an option.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Blame Philly, PBR has been going strong there since who knows. The hipsters in Brooklyn picked-up on it in the last 5 years or so and it went downhill from there nationally.
Brooklyn hipsters have been drinking PBR for 15ish years. Source: lived in Williamsburg from 2001 to 2011, drank a lot of beer. PBR was ubiquitous.

The hipsters have since moved on to Genessee & Genny Cream, both of which are IMO superior beers (I personally love Genny Cream). Can still find a 30-pack of it in Brooklyn for about $23, and places that have it on tap usually price it at $3 or $4.

You're correct that PBR is often now more expensive, which blows my mind - the whole purpose of drinking it in the first place was that it was the cheapest option available.

Reaction Score
Brooklyn hipsters have been drinking PBR for 15ish years. Source: lived in Williamsburg from 2001 to 2011, drank a lot of beer. PBR was ubiquitous.

The hipsters have since moved on to Genessee & Genny Cream, both of which are IMO superior beers (I personally love Genny Cream). Can still find a 30-pack of it in Brooklyn for about $23, and places that have it on tap usually price it at $3 or $4.

You're correct that PBR is often now more expensive, which blows my mind - the whole purpose of drinking it in the first place was that it was the cheapest option available.

I will never buy Genny Cream Ale, no matter what some hipster says, LOL. My old man used to by that stuff religiously and part of the reason he did so is because he knew even at 18 and desperate, I would not touch that stuff. That said, Koch's Golden Anniversary was worse.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I will never buy Genny Cream Ale, no matter what some hipster says, LOL.
That's how I feel about PBR - even if, by all honest definitions, I was definitely a hipster.

Takes all kinds, I guess. But if given the choice between a Genny Cream and any of these fawned over California IPAs where I llive now, I'm taking Genny 9 times out of 10.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
40s of Mickey's Ice and Andre Pink champagne... now those were the days. Thank god I can afford well basically anything else. :D

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I will never buy Genny Cream Ale, no matter what some hipster says, LOL. My old man used to by that stuff religiously and part of the reason he did so is because he knew even at 18 and desperate, I would not touch that stuff. That said, Koch's Golden Anniversary was worse.

When I was a college student in Rochester, NY we could literally tell when someone had drank Genny Cream Ale the night before. We called them the Genny screamers and they had a unique gaseous smell. If you combo'd up a night of Genny Cream Ale with a stop at Nick Tahou's for a garbage place it was ever worse.

dayooper

Reaction Score
When I was a college student in Rochester, NY we could literally tell when someone had drank Genny Cream Ale the night before. We called them the Genny screamers and they had a unique gaseous smell. If you combo'd up a night of Genny Cream Ale with a stop at Nick Tahou's for a garbage place it was ever worse.

During my playing days at NMU, before spring ball, we had 5:00 AM conditioning. As we were running in our lines, I could tell what he had the night before by what his sweat smelled like. It was nasty. He drank old style most of the time. I got my revenge, though. We were going through drills and I dropped a gas bomb with him in a three point stance right behind me. Cheap tequila is the worst.

Reaction Score

The garbage plate @1 AM to "soften" the anticipated hangover from a night of Genny. Wow, the day after was a show..literally

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
PBR was sold to one of the big conglomerates, so no self-respecting hipster should drink it these days.

Rheingold was a thing, but I don't know if they went out of business again or stopped distribution in CT cause I haven't seen it in years.

If I want an easy drinking beer to throw back, nowadays I get Full Sail Session lager or Black lager. On their website they also have a cream ale but I haven't come across that yet. However, I can see how a younger version of myself wouldn't want to pay the craft brewery price for a "drinkable" beer.

Reaction Score
....well the OP asked for wine, how about one from each starting in '10 through '12 of
th

With that, I would be happy to part with these fine bottles, the only thing good that came out during the Fall of these years. ...and no the 2013-2014 are not currently available, for anyone who doesn't know wine!

Reaction Score
Are you being serious?

Does anyone know if this guy is legit?
Good luck trying to get this thread back on topic. They've been discussing the highs and lows of alcohol for many pages now.

Some would say this is a far more fruitful topic than the original topic of CR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom