Official Selection Show thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official Selection Show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like the committee made up their mind about the #1 Baylor/Louisville pick before the conference tournaments.

Fortunately for them Baylor lost..lol

Reaction Score
points per game:

South Carolina 71.3
Stanford 73.8
NC State 77.2

Victory margin is fairly comparable for all 3.
if Oregon had to play any of the three, which one would you feel they have the best chance against?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Exciting potential matchups at first glance:

SC Regional:

Iowa-Iowa State in the Sweet 16. Interstate rival game, Iowa won last year, Iowa State won this year. Clark vs. Joens. Should be a really fun game to watch if both advance.

Iowa-SC in the Elite 8. The two heavy favorites for NPOY will battle it out if they meet.

Louisville Regional:
Tennessee-Oregon in the 2nd Round. Tennessee is struggling but still showing some fight/grit. Oregon has been so hot and cold this year. Guessing it'll be a tight game.

Baylor-Ole Miss in the 2nd Round. I could see Ole Miss giving Baylor some trouble if Egbo gets into foul trouble. Also 2 very good forwards going head to head in Austin/Smith.

Baylor-Michigan in the Sweet 16. They had an epic battle in last year's Sweet 16, they're lined up for a rematch in this one.

Louisvlile-Baylor in the Elite 8. Both were in contention for last #1 seed and I think it'll be a good battle.

Stanford Regional:
Maryland-Virginia Tech in 2nd Round. Maryland has been very streaky this year, Va Tech hasn't pulled off any big upsets this year but has played good teams tough. I could see Va Tech pulling the upset.

LSU-Ohio State in the 2nd Round. Both teams have sensational backcourts, I think it'll be a hotly contested game.

LSU-Texas in Sweet 16. Kim vs. Vic at their new schools. Both teams have greatly overachieved relative to the amount of talent on their roster.

NC State Regional:
Notre Dame-Oklahoma in the 2nd Round. Both teams have been trending down as of late, one will likely make their way to the Sweet 16. Both have strong backcourts and shooters.

Indiana-Kentucky in the 2nd Round. Probably the most intriguing potential 2nd round matchup. Indiana blew out Kentucky the first game but Kentucky is red hot and playing very good basketball.

UCONN-NC State in the Elite 8. NC State is a tough matchup for UCONN IMO since they're just solid at every position even though I wouldn't consider them elite at any spot. Should they meet, UCONN will be playing in front of a huge home crowd which gives them a boost, and everyone appears to be healthy just in time for the NCAAs. I could see this being a phenomenal game.

Reaction Score
So how many of us are picking Iowa over SC in the elite 8?
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
if Oregon had to play any of the three, which one would you feel they have the best chance against?
I see what you're going for, but I might say Stanford because of familiarity.

edit--anyway my main point was about offense, since NC State is the highest scoring of the 3

Reaction Score
UConn is not in Hartford so it’s not less than one hour. Are you also complaining about the other schools playing close to home? Ann Arbor, cough, cough….
80 miles from campus for UConn and 180 miles from campus for South Carolina, plus South Carolina is the overall number one seed. It is what it is, but I feel bad for NC State as a #1 seed having to basically play a home game against #2 seed Uconn.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Princeton is 2 hours away, UMass an hour and a half, depending on traffic. Storrs may be further than UMass time wise
I should've rephrased it--no one likely to make it to regionals is remotely close to Bridgeport. At any rate, it will be a home atmosphere for the Huskies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is really the last hurrah for NC State. We will take a step backwards next season and may never, ever again attain the level of success this group has brought us the last three seasons.

Kayla Jones, Kai Crutchfield and Raina Perez came back for their bonus year to take NC State deep into the NCAAT. I expect them, plus Cunane, to give it all they have and make a run at the national title.

Yes indeed.... after this year Duke will return to being top dog in the Triangle. Hope your fans still come out in force to support the squad, both in Raleigh and in the ACC tournament.

I do wonder if you guys would have beaten SC the first game of the season if they would have sent yall back to Greensboro and send them to Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Thrilled I don’t have to sell my overpriced tickets to the Bridgeport Regional. Just need the Huskies to take care of business in Storrs.
I paid $82.25 for both regional games….did you pay more or less If I may ask?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It looks like the committee rewarded Louisville for losing the 1st round to an unranked team & punished Baylor for losing the finals to a #2 seed.
I noticed that and the announcer keeps saying Louisville lost in ACC championship. They lost in the quarterfinals actually. At least Baylor made it to the finals.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Selfishly I wanted UConn in BPT, but I can see how NC St would be peeved. No one wants to earn the 1 seed and the have to play the 2 seed in front of what is basically a home crowd.
Recalling Brenda complaining bitterly about ending up in Bridgeport in 2017, particularly the fact that MD fans couldn’t purchase additional tickets outside of their meager allocation, as UConn fans had already purchased everything in sight.

Unfortunately, MD didn’t even make it to the Elite 8, as a young freshman named Ionescu lead a 6-seed to an upset win over the Terps. At the end of that game, MD fans couldn’t sell their tickets to the Elite 8 game fast enough.

Kindly UConn fans, including yours truly, helped Terp fans out by taking Elite 8 tickets off their hands at a considerable discount. :rolleyes:

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
80 miles from campus for UConn and 180 miles from campus for South Carolina, plus South Carolina is the overall number one seed. It is what it is, but I feel bad for NC State as a #1 seed having to basically play a home game against #2 seed Uconn.
Cry me a river. A good team will win whether it's a neutral court or away game.

Reaction Score
Stanford is in the final barring some huge upset. Easiest draw out of any 1 seed.
lol why dislike that? It wasn't a knock, just from what I saw in the reveal I would be surprised if they lost before the final. They avoid SC and Uconn and Louisville Baylor pose no threat. Texas would be the hardest opponent in the elite 8, but the fact they lost one time I think they want revenge.

Reaction Score
I actually don't think Iowa matches up well. SC's defense will limit damage and their offensive rebounding will kill Iowa. Czinano's effectiveness will be blunted by Boston.
I thought the same about the SEC championship game but hey its basketball, anything can happen these days. Welcome to parity.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Sounds like the committee made up their mind about the #1 Baylor/Louisville pick before the conference tournaments.

Fortunately for them Baylor lost..lol
There wasn't much wiggle room - either would have been the one seed in Wichita given the other locked one seeds and the geographic needs that UConn go to Bridgeport, Texas avoid Baylor, and the fourth and worst two seed be paired with SCAR.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Iowa with a possible second trip to NC this season. They made the regional final the last time it was held here in 2019. Alot more Iowa fans showed up than I anticipated that year.

DePaul made it hell yes!

It's like the committee just wanted to make my anger level rise even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom