Official Selection Show thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official Selection Show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UConn is not in Hartford so it’s not less than one hour. Are you also complaining about the other schools playing close to home? Ann Arbor, cough, cough….
You're right, brain fart here. An hour and twenty minutes away, so still very close to home.

And every top 4 seed hosts the first 2 rounds. After that, you travel to a predetermined regional site. UCONN's regional location is in Bridgeport which gives them a home atmosphere until the Final Four.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I do wonder if you guys would have beaten SC the first game of the season if they would have sent yall back to Greensboro and send them to Bridgeport.
We had a chance to make a case for Greensboro in that opening game and had the door shut pretty quickly with that loss.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's like the committee just wanted to make my anger level rise even further.

1647219477337.png

Reaction Score
Delighted that UCONN is #2 in Bridgeport. Also happy that Nova made it in without having to play (and no, I don’t see them as an 8/9 seed). I’m not pleased to see UCF as our potential second round game. They play chippy. On the other hand we now have Aaliyah and Dorka and we can play physically too.

In other news, DePaul? I’m glad, but surprised. And FGCU as a 12 seed? Geesh! Louisville won’t make it to the Final Four. If they don’t lose earlier, they will definitely lose to Baylor. REALLY glad Iowa’s in Greensboro.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We had a chance to make a case for Greensboro in that opening game and had the door shut pretty quickly with that loss.

Yeah.... at the time I questioned playing them as the first game of the season.

Reaction Score
I like our draw, of the 7 seeds, UCF is the least likely to outscore us. MASSEY ranks them slightly above Utah, Miss, and Colorado, but they are scoring challenged, though a tough defense. And for 3 seeds Indiana seems less threatening than ISU, and about the same as Michigan and LSU. I would rather face Louisville than NCSt. But happy not to see SC or Stanford.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Delighted that UCONN is #2 in Bridgeport. Also happy that Nova made it in without having to play (and no, I don’t see them as an 8/9 seed). I’m not pleased to see UCF as our potential second round game. They play chippy. On the other hand we now have Aaliyah and Dorka and we can play physically too.

In other news, DePaul? I’m glad, but surprised. And FGCU as a 12 seed? Geesh! Louisville won’t make it to the Final Four. If they don’t lose earlier, they will definitely lose to Baylor. REALLY glad Iowa’s in Greensboro.
UCF has never faced NIKA!!! :eek:

Reaction Score
Selfishly I wanted UConn in BPT, but I can see how NC St would be peeved. No one wants to earn the 1 seed and the have to play the 2 seed in front of what is basically a home crowd.
They had to go somewhere. They weren’t going to get Greensboro.

Reaction Score
Thrilled I don’t have to sell my overpriced tickets to the Bridgeport Regional. Just need the Huskies to take care of business in Storrs.
Same here
Does anyone have an idea where to stay in Bridgeport?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well its the first time ever in the state of SC. They were supposed to be held there in 2020... but of course that never happened.
Yup. I was excited. It was going to be here in Greenville, and NC State was slated to be the 2-seed here and I'd get a chance to watch them live...but then COVID came along and changed everything.

Reaction Score
I see what you're going for, but I might say Stanford because of familiarity.

edit--anyway my main point was about offense, since NC State is the highest scoring of the 3
I think South Carolina is the toughest because of their defense and the size of their front court............Stanford is just a really solid team at both ends of the court........NC State is also a really good team but Cunane is streaky and if she's not on they struggle.......I think Louisville is the weakest of the four.........all should be respected...........

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yup. I was excited. It was going to be here in Greenville, and NC State was slated to be the 2-seed here and I'd get a chance to watch them live...but then COVID came along and changed everything.
Words cannot describe how bummed I was when the 2020 tournament was canceled.

I remember exactly where I was (St. George, Utah) and I remember how crappy I felt.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wasn't referring to the actual distance but the probable crowd support.
That's fair--I guess we'll find out how well SC fans travel. In 2019 they played in Greensboro for the Sweet 16 ( granted, as a 4 seed) but only drew 6500 fans. Their fan base is more established now and I'm sure far more fans will come this time with a better team, but we'll see if it's enough to provide a home crowd like atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom