Official Selection Show thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Official Selection Show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually don't think Iowa matches up well. SC's defense will limit damage and their offensive rebounding will kill Iowa. Czinano's effectiveness will be blunted by Boston.
I understand your points, Plebe, but I think Clark won't have as much trouble with SC's smallish guards as she has with bigger defenders, such as Maryland's this winter. I'd also expect Iowa's Warnock, Martin and O'Grady to help Caitlin and Czinano on the boards. They're not as big as the Gamecocks but they are feisty...

As I've heard others opine, a key will be whether refs let Boston get away with fouls on Czinano. To date, she seems to get away with a lot, but Monika is a tough cover.

I'd bet on SC, but wouldn't be shocked if Iowa makes it a tight game.

First, however the Hawkeyes would need to beat Iowa State, no easy task.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So I guess our team did not give the obligatory pick celebration. Is their some documented reason given why we avoid this?

Reaction Score
Exciting potential matchups at first glance:

SC Regional:

Iowa-Iowa State in the Sweet 16. Interstate rival game, Iowa won last year, Iowa State won this year. Clark vs. Joens. Should be a really fun game to watch if both advance.

Iowa-SC in the Elite 8. The two heavy favorites for NPOY will battle it out if they meet.

Louisville Regional:
Tennessee-Oregon in the 2nd Round. Tennessee is struggling but still showing some fight/grit. Oregon has been so hot and cold this year. Guessing it'll be a tight game.

Baylor-Ole Miss in the 2nd Round. I could see Ole Miss giving Baylor some trouble if Egbo gets into foul trouble. Also 2 very good forwards going head to head in Austin/Smith.

Baylor-Michigan in the Sweet 16. They had an epic battle in last year's Sweet 16, they're lined up for a rematch in this one.

Louisvlile-Baylor in the Elite 8. Both were in contention for last #1 seed and I think it'll be a good battle.

Stanford Regional:
Maryland-Virginia Tech in 2nd Round. Maryland has been very streaky this year, Va Tech hasn't pulled off any big upsets this year but has played good teams tough. I could see Va Tech pulling the upset.

LSU-Ohio State in the 2nd Round. Both teams have sensational backcourts, I think it'll be a hotly contested game.

LSU-Texas in Sweet 16. Kim vs. Vic at their new schools. Both teams have greatly overachieved relative to the amount of talent on their roster.

NC State Regional:
Notre Dame-Oklahoma in the 2nd Round. Both teams have been trending down as of late, one will likely make their way to the Sweet 16. Both have strong backcourts and shooters.

Indiana-Kentucky in the 2nd Round. Probably the most intriguing potential 2nd round matchup. Indiana blew out Kentucky the first game but Kentucky is red hot and playing very good basketball.

UCONN-NC State in the Elite 8. NC State is a tough matchup for UCONN IMO since they're just solid at every position even though I wouldn't consider them elite at any spot. Should they meet, UCONN will be playing in front of a huge home crowd which gives them a boost, and everyone appears to be healthy just in time for the NCAAs. I could see this being a phenomenal game.
Baylor played Michigan this season in the Mohegan doubleheader (when Uconn played Louisville) - great game, Michigan won in Ovt.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Selfishly I wanted UConn in BPT, but I can see how NC St would be peeved. No one wants to earn the 1 seed and the have to play the 2 seed in front of what is basically a home crowd.
Penn State knows the feeling well.....

Reaction Score
Just my opinion….Shame on ESPN…no cameras on UCONN when the school was announced to be in the Bridgeport region..

Reaction Score
Will Kentucky be a cinderella?

Kentucky -- which shocked the world by upsetting the Nos. 1, 2 and 3 seeds in the SEC tournament, including South Carolina, to win the conference title -- is a No. 6 seed in Bridgeport, after the Wildcats were projected to miss out on the Big Dance a month ago.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Exciting potential matchups at first glance:

SC Regional:

Iowa-Iowa State in the Sweet 16. Interstate rival game, Iowa won last year, Iowa State won this year. Clark vs. Joens. Should be a really fun game to watch if both advance.

Iowa-SC in the Elite 8. The two heavy favorites for NPOY will battle it out if they meet.

Louisville Regional:
Tennessee-Oregon in the 2nd Round. Tennessee is struggling but still showing some fight/grit. Oregon has been so hot and cold this year. Guessing it'll be a tight game.

Baylor-Ole Miss in the 2nd Round. I could see Ole Miss giving Baylor some trouble if Egbo gets into foul trouble. Also 2 very good forwards going head to head in Austin/Smith.

Baylor-Michigan in the Sweet 16. They had an epic battle in last year's Sweet 16, they're lined up for a rematch in this one.

Louisvlile-Baylor in the Elite 8. Both were in contention for last #1 seed and I think it'll be a good battle.

Stanford Regional:
Maryland-Virginia Tech in 2nd Round. Maryland has been very streaky this year, Va Tech hasn't pulled off any big upsets this year but has played good teams tough. I could see Va Tech pulling the upset.

LSU-Ohio State in the 2nd Round. Both teams have sensational backcourts, I think it'll be a hotly contested game.

LSU-Texas in Sweet 16. Kim vs. Vic at their new schools. Both teams have greatly overachieved relative to the amount of talent on their roster.

NC State Regional:
Notre Dame-Oklahoma in the 2nd Round. Both teams have been trending down as of late, one will likely make their way to the Sweet 16. Both have strong backcourts and shooters.

Indiana-Kentucky in the 2nd Round. Probably the most intriguing potential 2nd round matchup. Indiana blew out Kentucky the first game but Kentucky is red hot and playing very good basketball.

UCONN-NC State in the Elite 8. NC State is a tough matchup for UCONN IMO since they're just solid at every position even though I wouldn't consider them elite at any spot. Should they meet, UCONN will be playing in front of a huge home crowd which gives them a boost, and everyone appears to be healthy just in time for the NCAAs. I could see this being a phenomenal game.
I heard her say her name as she introduced everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom