Official Selection Show thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Official Selection Show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not at all the same. Bridgeport to Hartford is less than an hour drive. No one else in UCONN's regional is remotely close to Bridgeport.

Greensboro is just under 3 hours from Columbia. There's a good chance they'll face UNC in the Sweet 16 whose campus is 50 minutes away. It's also in a completely different state. Not quite the same as a home crowd, though it will be well attended by SC fans.

Don't tell anyone on the Duke board.... but I would like to see Big Carolina vs Little Carolina in the sweet 16.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
They look very beatable at times, but they can put the hammer down and go on big runs. Sweet 16 has been their ceiling despite having some good teams in recent years, I gotta think they are in put up or shut up mode this Tourney.
This is really the last hurrah for NC State. We will take a step backwards next season and may never, ever again attain the level of success this group has brought us the last three seasons.

Kayla Jones, Kai Crutchfield and Raina Perez came back for their bonus year to take NC State deep into the NCAAT. I expect them, plus Cunane, to give it all they have and make a run at the national title.

Reaction Score
Ohio St will break a NCAA record of made 3's against LSU, I can feel it...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not at all the same. Bridgeport to Hartford is less than an hour drive. No one else in UCONN's regional is remotely close to Bridgeport.

Greensboro is just under 3 hours from Columbia. There's a good chance they'll face UNC in the Sweet 16 whose campus is 50 minutes away. It's also in a completely different state. Not quite the same as a home crowd, though it will be well attended by SC fans.
I wasn't referring to the actual distance but the probable crowd support.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Princeton is 2 hours away, UMass just less than 2 hours, depending on traffic. Storrs is about an hour and a half away

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I was hoping AZ or Oregon would be in our bracket to avenge the recent losses. I'd rather face them than possibly Notre Dame for the ten thousandth time. They're always pushing that rivalry.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
they can beat anybody when playing well but are not a great offensive team........... definitely less threatening than South Carolina or Stanford
points per game:

South Carolina 71.3
Stanford 73.8
NC State 77.2

Victory margin is fairly comparable for all 3.

Reaction Score

UConn is not in Hartford so it’s not less than one hour. Are you also complaining about the other schools playing close to home? Ann Arbor, cough, cough….

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is really the last hurrah for NC State. We will take a step backwards next season and may never, ever again attain the level of success this group has brought us the last three seasons.

Kayla Jones, Kai Crutchfield and Raina Perez came back for their bonus year to take NC State deep into the NCAAT. I expect them, plus Cunane, to give it all they have and make a run at the national title.
NC State, with all that veteran experience and leadership, will be a very tough out.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tough matchup in the first game.... can't see them winning two games in that bracket.
I do think they'll beat FGCU. The Maryland game will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom