October Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I haven't heard, read, or seen any info regarding UConn involved with Joycte. Did I miss something?

It isn't much but she follows UConn and no one else. Which? who? I don't know. To some extent the Europeans seem to regard Geno with the same reverence reserved for Pat Summitt here in the US.

Reaction Score

I'm not surprised that there's interest but I am surprised that there's an offer this early for a kid who hasn't played her sophomore year yet. I know Brady was offered as a sophomore and it's a different position but IMO this isn't a Brady level talent at the same age yet. I will say that it's a wise move for her to leave that MD. HS and get down to IMG in FL. for some better competition to grow her game.

Reaction Score
8558457C-4407-4E2A-B94A-2DCB38327F47.jpeg
2B85B875-D6F1-4ABF-A492-380C546A5D24.jpeg

More pics

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Geno better watch it, when he yells at KK they will be face to face.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised that there's interest but I am surprised that there's an offer this early for a kid who hasn't played her sophomore year yet. I know Brady was offered as a sophomore and it's a different position but IMO this isn't a Brady level talent at the same age yet. I will say that it's a wise move for her to leave that MD. HS and get down to IMG in FL. for some better competition to grow her game.
Agree. Wonder if there’s more to this story.

Reaction Score
From a purely financial angle, Jocyte, being a US citizen, could make a pile of NIL money in a high profile wcbb program, maybe more than she would turning pro in a Euro league. Maybe a lot more.
I knew that Juste Jocyte was American born... but I forgot! This puts a whole
new light on her considering UCONN. I had completely placed her " off the radar".
Interesting!

Reaction Score
Auriemma offered the young lady from Kentucky, class of 25, I believe her name is Johnson #2 ranked 4 months ago, also a guard and maybe the jewel of that recruiting class.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And watch some of these passes and blocks. She's got some serious all-around game and no fear of contact.
Grace Knox '25 - Nike Nationals 2022 Highlights
Absolutely love the motor, the activity, the length and the skill set of this Grace Knox on both ends of the floor. She also has just enough edge and nasty in her game which makes her a very endearing player at least to me. Would love to see Grace in a UCONN uniform.

Reaction Score
Absolutely love the motor, the activity, the length and the skill set of this Grace Knox on both ends of the floor. She also has just enough edge and nasty in her game which makes her a very endearing player at least to me. Would love to see Grace in a UCONN uniform.
Yes, it's hard to find in a lot of wbb players and can't be coached or taught. They either have it or they don't. Another thing she has that's hard to define but you know it when you see it is that she can play fast. Well coached plus very instinctive makes a really good combo.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I took a good look at the Hoopgurlz rankings for 23-26, 210 in all, and only 2 were from Connecticut. No wonder Geno has to go out of state, and out of the country to find talent. That is depressing, so no reason for me to travel around to check out prospects in this state. Hopefully Maria Conlons AAU team can come up with a couple in the coming years. Interesting though, the two girls are ranked 58 and 65 in the 23 class, and they both are attending Virginia Tech in the fall. And no, they did not attend the same High School/Prep school.

Reaction Score
Heckuva aggressive foul at the 10 second mark. She's a bit like KK, super confident, knows how to finish, and is not afraid to challenge the bigs.
Yeah, I’m thinking that was a little (a lot) over the top!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Story on Prosper. Doesn’t have a list of colleges but does say she wants to go somewhere that won’t just play her in the post because she is tall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom