October Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
El Alfy in my opinion is better. More physical, Toomey played weak competition in h. s. and El Alfy has a surprisingly high basketball I.Q. for a foreign player at this stage of her career. Her father is a highly regarded coach in international play.

Reaction Score
Hoping that she selects UCONN
Concur..
Screenshot_20221019-163109_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
El Alfy did unfollow Louisville, UCLA, and any other schools on Instagram. She now only follows UConn (and Western Kentucky but that wasn’t in her top 10)
So if I am reading this right, it doesn't matter if Shane was talking about Prosper or El Alfy. If El Alfy has unfollowed everyone that was in her top 10 except for Uconn, then it sounds like she has made her decision, even if Shane was referring to possibly Prosper to Arizona.

Reaction Score
I haven't heard, read, or seen any info regarding UConn involved with Joycte. Did I miss something?

Reaction Score
El Alfy in my opinion is better. More physical, Toomey played weak competition in h. s. and El Alfy has a surprisingly high basketball I.Q. for a foreign player at this stage of her career. Her father is a highly regarded coach in international play.
Jana El Alfy was the #2 player in the FIBA WBB Africian competition. She lost out on the MVP for
the FIBA regional tournament only because her team lost in the Finals. The MVP was the
best player on that team ( I forget who that team was, but that player also played in the
Spanish league ). Jana had equivalent or better stats throughout that FIBA Tournament.
You can get the particulars on the FIBA site if you do enough scrolling, but , I think going to
the general FIBA webpage and follow the hints and finally
hitting the choice " Players" and then "JANA El Alfy" you would get all her stats. ENJOY! Z

Reaction Score
So if I am reading this right, it doesn't matter if Shane was talking about Prosper or El Alfy. If El Alfy has unfollowed everyone that was in her top 10 except for Uconn, then it sounds like she has made her decision, even if Shane was referring to possibly Prosper to Arizona.

Agreed. Sounds like El Alfy is heading to Storrs :)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
El Alfy did unfollow Louisville, UCLA, and any other schools on Instagram. She now only follows UConn (and Western Kentucky but that wasn’t in her top 10)
To add onto that, she’s now following KK and Ashlynn, which is a pretty new development. And I don’t think any of their trips to campus overlapped. Fingers crossed!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
While I am not a strong supporter of NIL agreements, El Alfy coming to UConn has the oppportunity of significant financial gain coupled with national championships. Huskies doesn't promote this much, but UConn's proximity to NYC provides many advantages to key financial opportunities, both during her Husky experience as well as post grad.
and I would not discount a growing international flavor to the team as a selling point.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’m not sure what platform you are seeing that Elalfy has unfollowed Louisville. On Insta she is following Walz, assistant Coach JP and Hailey Van Lith.

She's also following Kara Lawson, but UConn WBB is the only team page she is following.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Did we not read a mention a while back that El Alfy was considering graduating from high school
early? That would certainly put her in the class of 2023...correct?
Heaven knows what 'early' means in the context of Egyptian schools...but you might think it would jibe
with her being eligible for second semester in the USA.

From a certain perspective she might well view that an opportunity to get an academic and athletic
headstart for the season of 2023-2024. Uhh...got any recommendations where that might be??

Reaction Score
Did we not read a mention a while back that El Alfy was considering graduating from high school
early? That would certainly put her in the class of 2023...correct?
Heaven knows what 'early' means in the context of Egyptian schools...but you might think it would jibe
with her being eligible for second semester in the USA.

From a certain perspective she might well view that an opportunity to get an academic and athletic
headstart for the season of 2023-2024. Uhh...got any recommendations where that might be??
Yes, I have also heard she will land on campus (at whatever school she picks)for 2nd semester this year, so she can get ahead start.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what platform you are seeing that Elalfy has unfollowed Louisville. On Insta she is following Walz, assistant Coach JP and Hailey Van Lith.
That is a considerable difference from unfollowing the other contenders. As long as she has a connection to Louisville via any social media it doesn't sound like a sure thing. If she had completely unfollowed the other contenders I would say it was a done deal. Still looks pretty promising but doubt jumps back into the picture with this clarification.

Reaction Score
She unfollowed the Louisville WBB page

We all know social media isn’t definite but it’s certainly interesting she was following a bunch of the official pages and then unfollowed all of them except UConn

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
To add onto that, she’s now following KK and Ashlynn, which is a pretty new development. And I don’t think any of their trips to campus overlapped. Fingers crossed!
I meant here she’s followed by — not following. Sorry about that.

I can’t edit, but if mods want to edit my OP for me and delete this, feel free.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom