October Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
We were discussing a few days back, that I thought some thing would pop soon.So many choices so little time !

Reaction Score
To put this in another context, here is Jana's "top ten" in order of ranking in the
recent preseason NCAA rankings: 1. UCONN # 6 2. Louisville # 7 3. North
Carolina State #10. ( I have Blanca Thomas penciled in here, 6'5" , an in-state choice?)
4. Univerity of North Carolina #12. ( ? another B. Thomas possibility? ) 5. Maryland # 17
( with an early transfer out??, joke) 6. Oregon #20 7. Michigan #25 and
outside the top 25 in order of votes received 8. UCLA # 27 9. Duke # 43 and
#10. Cincinnati ( no votes) no ranking. Does anyone have any insight into the
"needs" of these various schools and "best match" for Jana.? The H.S. Class of 2023
for Bigs is blurry for me.
While trying to be careful about what is known vs. not known, I think for Uconn the top level big candidates in 2023 pretty much comes down to Jana. Cierra and Breya have decided. I don't know what ADR's short list is, but speculation seems to center on teams like SC, Tennessee, LSU and maybe some others, but apparently not us. Jana appears to be the only very highly ranked big left for us to go for.

If we don't succeed in our pursuit of Janna, I think it is probably wait till next year for another big, via the portal, or the class of 2024. We could pursue a lower rated big that is still available, but I suspect if this doesn't work out, we are done for 2023 but who knows. The 2024 class for star bigs seems mediocre for me, and one of the highest rated Blanca Thomas has already produced a short list that we didn't make, so the remaining choices are not that numerous. Tac and Koval are names I would be potentially interested in.

Reaction Score
While trying to be careful about what is known vs. not known, I think for Uconn the top level big candidates in 2023 pretty much comes down to Jana. Cierra and Breya have decided. I don't know what ADR's short list is, but speculation seems to center on teams like SC, Tennessee, LSU and maybe some others, but apparently not us. Jana appears to be the only very highly ranked big left for us to go for.

If we don't succeed in our pursuit of Janna, I think it is probably wait till next year for another big, via the portal, or the class of 2024. We could pursue a lower rated big that is still available, but I suspect if this doesn't work out, we are done for 2023 but who knows. The 2024 class for star bigs seems mediocre for me, and one of the highest rated Blanca Thomas has already produced a short list that we didn't make, so the remaining choices are not that numerous. Tac and Koval are names I would be potentially interested in.
Thanks for the feedback! For some reason I give geography a lot of ( undeserved ? ) credit. Thus,
perhaps Adehl Tec, 6'5", stays in Texas with Vic Schaefer?. Ms. Koval, 6'4", had some very nice
games in the FIBA 3X3 World Cup, but the shorter Sara Strong, 6'3", is a favorite of mine. Sara
was listed at 6'4" (?) according to the Team USA's 5x5 page ( I'll check again, but another listing had Sara as 190 cm, which , I think , is 6'3" . So thinking " Big Bigs" ( 6'4" or taller) my other loose end is Ava Heiden, 6'4" from Oregon. But Ava was rather lower down in the " best of 2024 class" listening. A. Del Rosario ( 6' 6") was oncea ++ thought of mine, but ICE clearly was the more powerful post/power forward presence on the USA U 18 gold winning team. Maybe we wait for the 6'6" pair the following year from Portugal and Sweden ? ( if my years are correct, i.e. 2025? ), It ishard to tell with some of those European players. Interesting to speculate, no?
trying to pronosticate GENO next BIG lady. Let the games begin!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Top 10 for Jana El Alfy: Duke, NC State, Cincinnati, UConn, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, UNC, Oregon, and UCLA

Cincinnati ?
Not Looking Good Oh No GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Reaction Score
It's hard to know why she chose those specific schools but most seem to make sense,,,,,,,,,,,,of course as we all know, if it's strictly about succeeding at the pro level there's no better choice than Geno.............there also may even be some reasons not basketball related such as having relatives living nearby

Reaction Score
The only international prospects that fit this description are Jana Elalfy and Cassandre Prosper. I'm guessing this is either Elalfy to UConn or Prosper to Arizona.

I would tend to think it’s Prosper to AZ. It would seem odd for Elalfy to put out her photo shoot/top ten on Wednesday to hype her future decision and be silently committed within 48 hours. But who knows with this stuff now.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The only international prospects that fit this description are Jana Elalfy and Cassandre Prosper. I'm guessing this is either Elalfy to UConn or Prosper to Arizona.

Top 5 classes right now per PBR are Arizona, UConn, Stanford, UNC and NC State.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I would tend to think it’s Prosper to AZ. It would seem odd for Elalfy to put out her photo shoot/top ten on Wednesday to hype her future decision and be silently committed within 48 hours. But who knows with this stuff now.
I tend to think it's Elalfy based on Laflin's description: "one of the biggest international prospects of the summer" with the stock rising symbols. He has used similar wording to describe Elalfy in the past based on the big summer she had playing in FIBA events. The summer didn't change how he and his team view Prosper.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Justus Jocyte also fits the description of a stock riser over the summer based on her performance at U18 European Championships and would qualify as a bigger international prospects than either Jana Elalfy or Cassandre Prosper.
I guessing (hoping really) that this is Jocyte to UCONN.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Justus Jocyte also fits the description of a stock riser over the summer based on her performance at U18 European Championships and would qualify as a bigger international prospects than either Jana Elalfy or Cassandre Prosper.
No way.

Reaction Score
El Alfy did unfollow Louisville, UCLA, and any other schools on Instagram. She now only follows UConn (and Western Kentucky but that wasn’t in her top 10)

This tidbit just made my morning - thanks...! And maybe she has a connection on Western Kentucky she still wants to follow.....

Reaction Score
Maybe El Alfy’s post was misunderstood by us? Could it be she was planning on committing somewhere and she was just showing us who her options were?

Reaction Score
I believe that Juste Joycte is the true 'superstar" of this group. I think she is
staying in Europe, no good reason for that idea. I would love her to be at
UCONN., but... So, based on height, I guessing Jana to UCONN (6'4" = 193 cm)
and Cassandre to Arizona, ( 6'2").
Is the following year the year of the 6' 6" (198cm) recruits? Dominique Malonga,
Tilda Trygger, and C. DeSilva.

Reaction Score
Do you think a commit from El Alfy would make up for the loss of Toomey? Is she potentially as good?
I think it more than makes up for it. In comparison El Alfy seems to be way ahead physically with similar abilities in outside shot and ball handling ability. She imo would be a top 5 player in this years class if she weren’t international.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom