Non-Key Tweets | Page 99 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5h
@micjame UCONN would bring its weakness but it does have strengths. UCONN would bring in valuable competitive content...

@micjame . .to a ever growing BTN. Basketball in Mens and Womens...content to frozen Fridays in hockey. But most important..

@micjame ...the stat of Conn has just showed their committment to thier university in expanding research expenditures....

@micjame When a state does exactly what the state of CONN just did it changes the B1G metric for UCONN. ....Delany is talking..

catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Well look who is just catching up. Nothing here that I didn't say weeks ago!
Welcome to the party Flugaur. [Coughs up hairball].....amateur.

pj

Reaction Score
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Well look who is just catching up. Nothing here that I didn't say weeks ago!
Welcome to the party Flugaur. [Coughs up hairball].....amateur.

It's shameful that we have a Conspiracy Kitty but not a Conspiracy Husky. How can we expect to win in realignment without a tinfoil hat Husky? Something like this:

10413298_829793373706321_4538141305118801700_n.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
It's shameful that we have a Conspiracy Kitty but not a Conspiracy Husky. How can we expect to win in realignment without a tinfoil hat Husky? Something like this:

10413298_829793373706321_4538141305118801700_n.jpg
Funny, yet oddly depressing.

Reaction Score
I never thought of VA TECH to big if VA TECH and UCONN were 15 and 16 that would be so sweet can't wait to travel.:)

Reaction Score
I am no expert, but I have to think the accn could result in an invite. They will need content which we can help with. It's gets them into NYC and one of the top dma's in the country.

How does the raycom deal affect the acc olympic sports? Would uconn men and womens basketball be available, plus hockey, soccer, etc?

Reaction Score
I am no expert, but I have to think the accn could result in an invite. They will need content which we can help with. It's gets them into NYC and one of the top dma's in the country.

How does the raycom deal affect the acc olympic sports? Would uconn men and womens basketball be available, plus hockey, soccer, etc?

I'd like to think this too, But it doesn't fit Newton's first law of realignment: Anything that happens in college realignment must first kick UCONN in the nuts to transpire.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

There is no doubt that in order for the ACCN to take off, it would need to add market(s). UCONN would absolutely be of value to any network looking at markets. Presence in the #1, #7 and #30 DMAs is tough to ignore forever. Here's the biggest question though: would an ACCN be more of a persuasion to ND to join full-time? If the ACC continued to give ND a sweetheart deal to keep their NBC money PLUS a portion of the ACCN money, then adding UCONN as a 16th full member would definitely give the ACC very significant presence in the northeast and essentially lock the B1G out of any further northeastern expansion.

That said, I'm hoping that the threat of an ACCN (and realizing UCONN's significant value added to that possibility) will light a fire under Delany and B1G Presidents to act sooner on inviting UCONN. Even if it meant carrying an odd number amount of schools until some conference GORs expire, taking big brand schools in big eastern markets off the table for a possible ACCN seems like a no-brainer CR move to me for any conference interested in that sort of thing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't buy it (unless we become a force on football within the next 12 months). For the ACC to justify adding us in our current state it would require an admission on their part that they need to improve their current content in men's hoops. They'll kick UNC out of the conference for academic fraud before they would admit that.

Reaction Score
I don't buy it (unless we become a force on football within the next 12 months). For the ACC to justify adding us in our current state it would require an admission on their part that they need to improve their current content in men's hoops. They'll kick UNC out of the conference for academic fraud before they would admit that.

It's tier 2 and 3 content which is needed for accn, yes?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's been pointed out to me today that I'm a skeptic. The ACC trying to develop a network is best case scenario for UConn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's been pointed out to me today that I'm a skeptic. The ACC trying to develop a network is best case scenario for UConn.

Don't take it so hard. I just can't live in a world where UConn is 15% to beat BYU at home.

Reaction Score
Don't take it so hard. I just can't live in a world where UConn is 15% to beat BYU at home.
No one that I have spoken to thinks UConn has a chance. Therefore, UConn is likely to win.

CL82

Reaction Score
For the ACC to justify adding us in our current state it would require an admission on their part that they need to improve their current content in men's hoops.
Yeah, not following that logic at all. Why would they just talk about our NCs, success across a broad range of sports, good academics, NYC presence etc.?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yeah, not following that logic at all. Why would they just talk about our NCs, success across a broad range of sports, good academics, NYC presence etc.?

Agree. This isn't about hoops at all. It's about building an ACCN. In order to do that, the conference needs to think MARKETS (ironically, the ACCN could probably be launched right now had they added UCONN over Louisville or Pitt). Did the B1G just add Rutgers and Maryland to admit that their football isn't that good?? Of course not. They were added for the BTN cable boxes. That's it. The fact that UCONN just so happens to be an elite hoops powerhouse is just a bonus to any conference network!

And here's some Dooley speculation: between UCONN, BC, and Cuse, would that be enough of a carrot to dangle in front of ND to join full-time?? Pure speculation on my part about ND, but they've always wanted games in the northeast for their alumni. If the ACC offered a sweetheart deal allowing them to keep NBC money AND give them a portion of ACCN profits while offering a larger recruiting territory that extends further south and annual games in the northeast, it might (MIGHT!) be something for ND to at least think about. Let's say it is enough - the ACC would very easily satisfy both the football schools by adding ND and Tobacco Road by adding UCONN. It would be a huge win-win for the ACC and especially the ACCN.

Reaction Score
Agree. This isn't about hoops at all. It's about building an ACCN. In order to do that, the conference needs to think MARKETS (ironically, the ACCN could probably be launched right now had they added UCONN over Louisville or Pitt). Did the B1G just add Rutgers and Maryland to admit that their football isn't that good?? Of course not. They were added for the BTN cable boxes. That's it. The fact that UCONN just so happens to be an elite hoops powerhouse is just a bonus to any conference network!

And here's some Dooley speculation: between UCONN, BC, and Cuse, would that be enough of a carrot to dangle in front of ND to join full-time?? Pure speculation on my part about ND, but they've always wanted games in the northeast for their alumni. If the ACC offered a sweetheart deal allowing them to keep NBC money AND give them a portion of ACCN profits while offering a larger recruiting territory that extends further south and annual games in the northeast, it might (MIGHT!) be something for ND to at least think about. Let's say it is enough - the ACC would very easily satisfy both the football schools by adding ND and Tobacco Road by adding UCONN. It would be a huge win-win for the ACC and especially the ACCN.
Good thought process...only thing about ND is this Dooley: They will stay Indy until the playoff committee forces them to join a conference. If they start to choose the 4 teams based off of conference championship games...ND will get boxed out and forced to make a decision (hypothetical: FSU (lose to ND win ACC championship game vs Clemson), Bama (1 loss to LSU), USC (1 loss to Stanford), and OU get in...ND on the outside looking in). That's when things will get interesting that's for sure.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Good thought process...only thing about ND is this Dooley: They will stay Indy until the playoff committee forces them to join a conference. If they start to choose the 4 teams based off of conference championship games...ND will get boxed out and forced to make a decision (hypothetical: FSU (lose to ND win ACC championship game vs Clemson), Bama (1 loss to LSU), USC (1 loss to Stanford), and OU get in...ND on the outside looking in). That's when things will get interesting that's for sure.

Agreed. A whole bunch of things would need to fall into place for them to give up their independence. The playoff system would need to apply the real pressure (which I think it will eventually). The academic scandal could also apply some pressure. So if those two things get ND to think about giving up their independence, and the ACC can offer them southern football recruiting, plenty of northeast games for their alumni, and a nice little sweetheart NBC/ACCN deal, it would definitely be something to consider.

Reaction Score
Agreed. A whole bunch of things would need to fall into place for them to give up their independence. The playoff system would need to apply the real pressure (which I think it will eventually). The academic scandal could also apply some pressure. So if those two things get ND to think about giving up their independence, and the ACC can offer them southern football recruiting, plenty of northeast games for their alumni, and a nice little sweetheart NBC/ACCN deal, it would definitely be something to consider.

Academic pressure? Ha, ha. ND has it faults; but, at least they are taking it like a ‘man’ so to speak. They appear take their academic code quite seriously (I knew a kid who kicked-off the football team for pot use) and admitted that they have a problem, which, of course, will be ignored by the NCAA. This stance is the opposite of UNC, who academic ranking is close to ND’s. The Tar Heels, now that they have been dragged out from under the bed kicking and screaming after being (apparently) caught red handed, is still in denial and has focused their effort on dropping napalm on anyone who comes out against them.

Reaction Score
Academic pressure? Ha, ha. ND has it faults; but, at least they are taking it like a ‘man’ so to speak. They appear take their academic code quite seriously (I knew a kid who kicked-off the football team for pot use) and admitted that they have a problem, which, of course, will be ignored by the NCAA. This stance is the opposite of UNC, who academic ranking is close to ND’s. The Tar Heels, now that they have been dragged out from under the bed kicking and screaming after being (apparently) caught red handed, is still in denial and has focused their effort on dropping napalm on anyone who comes out against them.
My daughter visited UNC about a month ago, while we were watching the admissions video before the tour, they interviewed a student who said he chose UNC because of their academic integrity. My daughter leaned over to me and said, "obviously he doesn't play football or basketball".

CL82

Reaction Score
My daughter visited UNC about a month ago, while we were watching the admissions video before the tour, they interviewed a student who said he chose UNC because of their academic integrity. My daughter leaned over to me and said, "obviously he doesn't play football or basketball".
or follow them.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 32m
When the Fighting Irish finally officially releases their 2017/18 and beyond Football Schedule...look for an incredible flexiable schedule..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 28m
..that can be flipped to a limited ACC schd to an 8 game conf schd. ND NBC relationship not going away...but 2017/18 = built-in flexability

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 25m
.....been told it will be obvious ND is building escape hatch from Independence when Football Shed released "17" and beyond. Keep eye on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom