Non-Key Tweets | Page 100 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
In other news:

Look for Chris Rock to keep his schedule flexible so that he can make a run at a 2016 presidential bid. He will still be touring but the dates will be flexible so that he can do campaign stops as well. Something to keep an eye on.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
In other news:

Look for Chris Rock to keep his schedule flexible so that he can make a run at a 2016 presidential bid. He will still be touring but the dates will be flexible so that he can do campaign stops as well. Something to keep an eye on.
I'd vote for Chris Rock.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In other news:
I'd vote for Chris Rock.
THAT AIN'T RIGHT!!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 25m
Discussions in creating a quasi-ACCN among Raycomb-ACC-ESPN-NBC is the center of the Conference Realignment Universe for the next 8 months

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23m
The ACC is a tinderbox - ACCN is the possible firehose. Many hurdles to overcome. Raycomb would need to be overpaid/or part owner to....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 20m
....to put their inventory avaiable for new ACCN. Disney would have to take it in the shorts to create the new network....but if Disney....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 19m
....does not act...scarcity of product will only drive up the price/value of the Big 10 TV contract which Disney will take part in with $$$$

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 17m
All indications are showing Disney will prop up the new ACCN (as they did with LHN) so not to give Century FOX more window into East Coast.

reg Flugaur @flugempire · 14m
ACC schools need this to happen..period. ND & NBC will be part of all discussions. Disney is going to overpay for partial Tier 1 B1G.....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 12m
....and I repeat..all indications given are that Disney is willing to take it in the wallet to form a ACCN with many moving different parts

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m
The creation of the ACCN and ND's leaving Indep are tied to the hip. The dots do connect. Either ACCN gets created (we believe yes).or....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4m
...the ACCN does not get created..either direction leads to realignment in some form. VT watching. UVA Littlepage worried about ACC branding

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1m
The reason Littlepage voted for a 9 game Conf Sch was because he is worried about ACC branding/marketing vs. new B1G marketing on E. Coast

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3s
To be blunt......the bottom half of the ACC (in reference to AD budgets) is flat out broke. Montizing local/regional markets through TV....

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m
.....in the land of the ACC is not working...can't work. Disney looks like they are willing to keep FOXCENTURY at bay...by overpaying..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 21m
..the ACC intact. But even the decision to create the ACCN will result in more Conference Expansion (ND+1). ACC-DISNEY-RAYCOM-NBC talking

If we could only have our football program get their act together

Dooley

Reaction Score
If we could only have our football program get their act together

It's definitely heading in the right direction. Needs support from our fans right now. Still think we'll be bowling this season.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1m
The reason Littlepage voted for a 9 game Conf Sch was because he is worried about ACC branding/marketing vs. new B1G marketing on E. Coast

So worried about East coast branding?

Reaction Score
ESPN should not be too worried about ESPN and ESPN2. There are plenty more sports to fill those hours if they lose access to some of the big conferences. How many conferences does ESPN really need? At least one of the P5 is going to stay with ESPN forever because of the exposure alone.

There comes a time when ESPN decides its dollar can be better spent elsewhere on pro sports.

Does ESPN really have anything to fear from the ACC?

I don't think so. What is the ACC going to do? Go Big East on FS1? No.

Reaction Score
ESPN should not be too worried about ESPN and ESPN2. There are plenty more sports to fill those hours if they lose access to some of the big conferences. How many conferences does ESPN really need? At least one of the P5 is going to stay with ESPN forever because of the exposure alone.

There comes a time when ESPN decides its dollar can be better spent elsewhere on pro sports.

Does ESPN really have anything to fear from the ACC?

I don't think so. What is the ACC going to do? Go Big East on FS1? No.
who needs more choice than 3 networks? that mentality worked well.

ESPN doesn't fear the ACC. they fear paying P5 money for a conference that mostly resembles the old Big East plus WF.

Dooley

Reaction Score

ESPN doesn't fear the ACC. they fear paying P5 money for a conference that mostly resembles the old Big East plus WF.

Spot on. They have dragged their heels on an ACCN because they're not completely certain that the football heavyweights are locked in. Now if somehow, some way ND could be convinced to join as a full-time member, that would go a very long way towards securing the future of ACC football. They could add UCONN as a 16th to make things nice and neat, lock down the huge northeast markets, and satisfy the football and hoops schools of the conference all at the same time. But in order for all this to happen, the ACC/ESPN would need ND to join full-time. If they offered a sweetheart deal that allowed them to keep NBC money PLUS give a portion of ACCN revenue, it might be something for the Domers to consider. I still have my doubts, but it would certainly be something to consider.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It's more like they don't want to buy something they already own.

Reaction Score
Spot on. They have dragged their heels on an ACCN because they're not completely certain that the football heavyweights are locked in. Now if somehow, some way ND could be convinced to join as a full-time member, that would go a very long way towards securing the future of ACC football. They could add UCONN as a 16th to make things nice and neat, lock down the huge northeast markets, and satisfy the football and hoops schools of the conference all at the same time. But in order for all this to happen, the ACC/ESPN would need ND to join full-time. If they offered a sweetheart deal that allowed them to keep NBC money PLUS give a portion of ACCN revenue, it might be something for the Domers to consider. I still have my doubts, but it would certainly be something to consider.
if it were the Big East I think the schools might consider giving ND a bigger payout. Not sure Florida St. or Clemson would sign up for that.

Reaction Score
It's more like they don't want to buy something they already own.
it's a balance i think. yes they own it. but schools have proven they'll leave if the dollars are more on the other side.
people were locked in to cell phone contracts until someone decided to change the model and pay breakage fee to get new customers.
if a program was available and a conference really wanted them, they'll leave and fight the GOR in court. enough money buys anything...

Dooley

Reaction Score
if it were the Big East I think the schools might consider giving ND a bigger payout. Not sure Florida St. or Clemson would sign up for that.

Those are probably the only 2 schools who wouldn't be on-board but it's a double edged sword. The ACC needs more money, hence they need an ACCN. The ACCN needs more markets, hence ND to join full-time (and a 16th school that also delivers markets). FSU and Clemson can compete against SEC schools up to a certain point but will eventually need a bump in cash. They would really be able to compete if they made comparable TV money as SEC schools.

pj

Reaction Score

Florida State would be fine with it. Once you introduce variable payouts, it's not going to stop at one school. Notre Dame, FSU, and UNC would benefit from the change. BC, Cuse, Pitt, Ville, Wake, NC State would get clobbered. Those are the schools that would oppose it.

Reaction Score
Florida State would be fine with it. Once you introduce variable payouts, it's not going to stop at one school. Notre Dame, FSU, and UNC would benefit from the change. BC, Cuse, Pitt, Ville, Wake, NC State would get clobbered. Those are the schools that would oppose it.
the instability would kill this conference. Clemson, Miami, and VT are not taking a back seat if other options are available. Plus, who besides ND and FSU would vote to give them more money at this time?

Reaction Score
The main issue ESPN has dragged their feet in my opinion has everything to do with Raycom owning ACC rights. They have to pay Raycom for those rights or the rights to broadcast what Raycom owns. Then they have to try and make a profit off the network...I think they are taking enough of a bath on the LHN that they won't do it for the ACC just for the sake of giving them their own network...they already own the rights that Raycom doesn't. At the end of the day..if Raycom wasn't in the picture...the ACCN would already be on the air.

Reaction Score
If they were going to do variable payouts...why not go off of DMA and the amount of subscriber's you bring in. If you did that, BC, Cuse, UL would actually make out pretty good.

Reaction Score
Matt Wyers‏@mkw_14 23h
@flugempire So you think ACC would add UConn if ND fully joins? Assuming the goal is to limit FOX on the East Coast...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9h
@mkw_14 I do not know who would join ND as #16 but I would suggest ND would have a say in determining who #16 turns out to be....UConn...

@mkw_14 has only helped themselves in CR as of late. The commitment laid down by the state of CT in funding to increase research/staffing...

@mkw_14 ...at UCONN pushed the ball forward for CR. But I don't believe Delany has anyone targeted...only building relationships.....

@mkw_14 ...with multiple schools...UCONN being one of them. Delany is looking East, but Delany does have a relationship with Boren..

@mkw_14 ....but zero relationship with Texas (now that Powers is gone). Realignment/expansions does not happen with pixel dust.........

@mkw_14 ....it all happens with relationships being built first among humans. It not all about spreadsheets (although important). Its about

@mkw_14 ..building trust...building and agreeing on mutual goals. OU-UCONN-VT-KANSAS are some Delany has relationships with...others.......

@mkw_14 ...such as UVA-UNC-GT-TEXAS Delany does not have growing relationships with...he just doesn't. Delany talked with Rutgers for years.

@mkw_14 All eyes on ACC and their creation of a ACCN (or not). I was told Disney will build a ACCN and will take it in the shorts...will see

ME: If he's right then none of the schools the presidents would really vote for would be available anytime soon. Knock on wood. I'd be amazingly surprised if ND gives up independence but the ACC is the best fit for them.

Reaction Score
As long as it is the best interest of the Domers, ND will support the ACC because right now the ACC has a sweet deal with the ACC that they likely cannot get with the B1G nor the SEC while the XII and PAC make no sense geographically. The moment the ACC does not serve the best interest of ND, ND will do it's best to sink it. Just ask the old Big East.

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
As long as it is the best interest of the Domers, ND will support the ACC because right now the ACC has a sweet deal with the ACC that they likely cannot get with the B1G nor the SEC while the XII and PAC make no sense geographically. The moment the ACC does not serve the best interest of ND, ND will do it's best to sink it. Just ask the old Big East.

In fairness to ND, I don't think they look to destroy anyone, they just put themselves first. They happen to be in a unique position which makes their self preservation very detrimental to others. I can't say they are evil, they just do what they have to do to preserve their model and at this point, everyone they do business with should know that. ND isn't joining the ACC unless it puts them in a better position. The fact that ND would in fact choose the ACC if they had to pick a conference is probably true today. However, if the ACC loses anyone else of significant value (UVA, UNC, FSU, Clemson) to the Big Ten or SEC, that will likely change and it won't be ND's fault. The ACC needs to lure ND before anything else changes, but change is what will spur ND to pick a conference. I think it's all up in the air.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom