Non-Key Tweets | Page 98 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This should be good....moonshine is flowing early today in them thar hills:
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 29m
Expansion news coming. Trying to figure out the best way to share as I don't want the UL fans to mock me :)

Let me guess, Big 12 is adding Notre dame, UNC, VPI, FSU, Clemson and GA Tech to go to 16. Texas decided to be a team player and the longhorn network will be relaunched as the Big 16 network and payout will be $60mil per school. Former ACC schools have no GOR obligations because the conference dissolves with mass exodus. Big 10 picking up UVA (and UConn), and SEC takes Duke and NC State to add a state and help basketball. Louisville, Miami, Pitt, Syracuse and Wake are reabsorbed into AAC. And BC and The Swoff are left holding the bag.

Oh, @UConn Dan, if only that was how CR worked. Once the moonshine settles, here is what is more likely (First Rule of CR: any realignment MUST kick UCONN fans in the sack):

B12 adds Cincinnati, UCF, USF, Houston, ECU and BYU
B1G adds Buffalo and Boston University (AAU members)
ACC adds Temple to get to 16 after ND finally decides to join full-time
SEC adds Memphis and UMASS (citing a need to improve hoops and wanting a stronger northeast presence for SECN, like U...MASS)
PAC adds Tulane and Tulsa, just because they can

The AAC responds with a strong press conference from Mike Aresco:

"After monitoring the CR landscape, we have decided to strengthen our conference with strong nationally recognized brands to replace the members we have lost. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you Southern Miss, North Dakota St, Lake Superior St, Central Connecticut State University, Texas Southern, New England Tractor Trailer School, Porter & Chester, University of Phoenix, and SUNY - Geneseo. We are confident that these additions will continue to strengthen our hold as a 6th "Power" conference, especially Porter & Chester who will instantly bring much needed basketball presence in the northeast. With blueblood AAC schools like Navy, who gives us football credence, and SMU, who gives us basketball tradition, we continue our motto of academic and athletic excellence as a 6th Power conference."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am breaking my own rule about sticking to the subject in title of thread. The athletic department is failing. I sense no urgency from them about lagging football season tickets. They need to get creative instead of counting on a good showing against BYU boosting sales. We need to see the number 40000 every game. I don't care if they give the tickets away. My saying comes back; perception is everything. The media doesn't (except for the Courant) break it down to 25000 full price and 15000 1.00 tickets. The revenue you might be giving up should the team come around and build immediate buzz, will be made up by exiting AAC purgatory. Should it take a couple of years to build the program, all will see 40000

I am going to give away any unused tickets we have this year. Or I am going to bring them to the gate and ask if they can be scanned.

Reaction Score
I am going to give away any unused tickets we have this year. Or I am going to bring them to the gate and ask if they can be scanned.
U got it. Don't worry about BC, Rutgers, cuse, ACC, Big, recruiting, weather. Image and spin is all we can control

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dooley said:
Oh, @UConn Dan, if only that was how CR worked. Once the moonshine settles, here is what is more likely (First Rule of CR: any realignment MUST kick UCONN fans in the sack): B12 adds Cincinnati, UCF, USF, Houston, ECU and BYU B1G adds Buffalo and Boston University (AAU members) ACC adds Temple to get to 16 after ND finally decides to join full-time SEC adds Memphis and UMASS (citing a need to improve hoops and wanting a stronger northeast presence for SECN, like U...MASS) PAC adds Tulane and Tulsa, just because they can The AAC responds with a strong press conference from Mike Aresco: "After monitoring the CR landscape, we have decided to strengthen our conference with strong nationally recognized brands to replace the members we have lost. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you Southern Miss, North Dakota St, Lake Superior St, Central Connecticut State University, Texas Southern, New England Tractor Trailer School, Porter & Chester, University of Phoenix, and SUNY - Geneseo. We are confident that these additions will continue to strengthen our hold as a 6th "Power" conference, especially Porter & Chester who will instantly bring much needed basketball presence in the northeast. With blueblood AAC schools like Navy, who gives us football credence, and SMU, who gives us basketball tradition, we continue our motto of academic and athletic excellence as a 6th Power conference."
too cruel. We're doomed!

Reaction Score
The Dude's moonshine drinking partner has arrived on the scene:
Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
Expansion news coming. Trying to figure out the best way to share as I don't want the UL fans to mock me

:)Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo 3h
@theDudeofWV ND joining ACC for football in 2017-18. Announcement at end of football season

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@SeanboSengo NBC doesn't know about it.

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo 10m
@theDudeofWV but do you?

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo 5m
@theDudeofWV ACC has made other exceptions for the Irish, why wouldn't they let Notre Dame have their NBC deal until it runs out, too.

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo 16s
@theDudeofWV ACC adds Irish & Cincy (or Navy), gets ACC Net w/Irish, Keeps 8 game conf schedule, ND still plays Stan & SC +2 ooc. ND/ACC win

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Forgot to mention this tweet:

Seanbo Sengo
‏@SeanboSengo ·10m @theDudeofWV Just speculating on my part.

Also this guy has 9 followers

Reaction Score
I do not know if it means anything at this point but at another message board I read an NC State fan say that he is hearing that several core schools are looking into West Virginia but not Texas because Texas wants to bring two schools with them (presumebly Baylor and TCU) and they don't want to go beyond 16. Now this is just speculation but he seems to be knowledgeable about the inner politics of the ACC. However, if taken at face value, it may mean that the networks are thinking about splitting the BXII schools among the other conferences. The GoR would be then seen as a leverage in negotiations by Texas and/or OU.

That is what I just read. It is probably bunk, for all we know.

Reaction Score
I do not know if it means anything at this point but at another message board I read an NC State fan say that he is hearing that several core schools are looking into West Virginia but not Texas because Texas wants to bring two schools with them (presumebly Baylor and TCU) and they don't want to go beyond 16. Now this is just speculation but he seems to be knowledgeable about the inner politics of the ACC. However, if taken at face value, it may mean that the networks are thinking about splitting the BXII schools among the other conferences. The GoR would be then seen as a leverage in negotiations by Texas and/or OU.

That is what I just read. It is probably bunk, for all we know.
I think we all know that if you read something on a message board about conference realignment it must be true.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h
Expansion news coming. Trying to figure out the best way to share as I don't want the UL fans to mock me :)

Greg ‏@CFB_Truth · 38m
@theDudeofWV Big 12 finally gonna pick up Cincy and UCF?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 37m
@CFB_Truth Let's just say market volatility has everyone on pause. But the first conf. to act may not be the B1G.

Greg ‏@CFB_Truth · 36m
@theDudeofWV why not the Big 12 then?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @CFB_Truth Big 12 has no reason to expand. None... not right now.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 39m
@stoplot @mkw_14 @SeanboSengo There are a handful of deserving programs left out of the P5.

ndfan101 ‏@stoplot · 36m
@theDudeofWV @mkw_14 @SeanboSengo Yes, but what to do about that? Cincy is next up if ACC expands IMO.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @stoplot @mkw_14 @SeanboSengo ACC is done. Completely.

Reaction Score
Ok, I'm a masochist: Is he "predicting" an SEC raid of ACC? Either that or AAC is picking up Army and UMass.

Reaction Score
I am breaking my own rule about sticking to the subject in title of thread. The athletic department is failing. I sense no urgency from them about lagging football season tickets. They need to get creative instead of counting on a good showing against BYU boosting sales. We need to see the number 40000 every game. I don't care if they give the tickets away. My saying comes back; perception is everything. The media doesn't (except for the Courant) break it down to 25000 full price and 15000 1.00 tickets. The revenue you might be giving up should the team come around and build immediate buzz, will be made up by exiting AAC purgatory. Should it take a couple of years to build the program, all will see 40000

Once the 25k figure out they paid $35x more than the 15k, the next season's season ticket sales will be 8000.

Reaction Score
Once the 25k figure out they paid $35x more than the 15k, the next season's season ticket sales will be 8000.

I hear you but this is the only way out of our mess. Believe me it is supply and demand. If we are smiled upon with a Big invite, prices will spring back. As a long time hoops ticket holder, i called the athletic dept a couple of years ago and suggested they donate tickets to under privelaged kids. That doesnt stop me, of course i am the sucker that drives through an inch of snow to games. :D

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h

Greg ‏@CFB_Truth · 38m
@theDudeofWV Big 12 finally gonna pick up Cincy and UCF?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 37m
@CFB_Truth Let's just say market volatility has everyone on pause. But the first conf. to act may not be the B1G.

Greg ‏@CFB_Truth · 36m
@theDudeofWV why not the Big 12 then?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @CFB_Truth Big 12 has no reason to expand. None... not right now.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 39m
@stoplot @mkw_14 @SeanboSengo There are a handful of deserving programs left out of the P5.

ndfan101 ‏@stoplot · 36m
@theDudeofWV @mkw_14 @SeanboSengo Yes, but what to do about that? Cincy is next up if ACC expands IMO.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @stoplot @mkw_14 @SeanboSengo ACC is done. Completely.

[moonshine]FSU, CU, NCSU and VT to SEC
UNC, UVA, ND and SU to B1G [/moonshine]

That's the way to interpret those tweets. ;)

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
[moonshine]FSU, CU, NCSU and VT to SEC
UNC, UVA, ND and SU to B1G [/moonshine]

That's the way to interpret those tweets. ;)
Substitute UConn for SU and I'm down with that.

Reaction Score
I hear you but this is the only way out of our mess. Believe me it is supply and demand. If we are smiled upon with a Big invite, prices will spring back. As a long time hoops ticket holder, i called the athletic dept a couple of years ago and suggested they donate tickets to under privelaged kids. That doesnt stop me, of course i am the sucker that drives through an inch of snow to games. :D
Thats what I call a fan...not someone who needs an excuse to actually go but someone who HATES to miss a game....your not a sucker but what we need! We need more Who Ha's in the area lol.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Dude of Minn speaks again:

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3h
VT is willing and viable for the SEC & becoming viable for (and is willing) to a B1G invite 5 years down the road. As I have said earlier...

....If Delany had his pick it would be UVA over VT...but VT has made it known to the B1G that if things do not brighten up in ACC they are..

...willing to be moved to the B1G East. The ACCN needs to happen for the ACC...and I believe ND situation is connected. VT is watching.

And when I say Delany would choose UVA over VT...I'm saying right now if both were viable and willing. Neither are viable...GOR teeth to big

But a few years down the road..if no ACCN..VT/Delany/BTN marriage will happen if UVA does not budge. VT is watching and growing its research

And I said earlier..Maryland and VT relationship is close. Babcock mentioned Maryland's “scholarships for life” for athletes for a reason.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
And some replies Minnesota Dude had:

reg Flugaur @flugempire · 3h
@expansion_crush If ACCN becomes reality and the money is right...VT chances of going SEC or B1G is of course diminished greatly.

@Iamgrizzly1974 VT has interest in SEC. VT wants landing spot if no ACCN. My main point = VT has been proactive in building relationships

@expansion_crush GOR does have teeth. But by 2019 if projections hold firm for ACC & B1G/SEC..teeth become smaller and smaller...

On VT vs UVA:

@expansion_crush In many ways VT is a better fit. VT research is a much better fit. Read Babcock's words. VT is watching ACC closely.

@expansion_crush As Babcock's said...will know about the ACCN in 18 months...yes or no. If no?....then ACC needs to worry about VT.

@Iamgrizzly1974 VT is interested in SEC (Vandy-FLA). VT is most willing to leave in ACC if ACCN does not happen. VT building relationships

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I'll believe something is good for UConn when it turns out to be good for UConn.
debbie-downer.gif

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire @expansion_crush This is a nice way of VT AD Babcock saying we need ACCN to keep up. If no ACCN...VT future changes. VT most willing to move

Reaction Score
I just wanted to re-post what he tweeted almost two weeks ago (because I'm desperate and maybe he DOES know something.) It seems awful strange that he posted this almost two weeks ago and now the Virginia Tech AD suddenly starts talking:

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6h
@micjame ....BTN President told the truth...the economics of the conference networks (Pac/BTN/SEC) will decide the next.....

@micjame ...expansion and when it happens. VT has become willing and viable.... and will be candidate 4-5 years out.

@micjame GT has given very little indication of willingness..KU is valuable but 15&16 will be East if Delany can make it happen

@micjame Big 10 still needs to diversify their assets/scheduling/time zones to gain more flexibility...so does SEC and Pac....

@micjame UCONN has moved up on the dance card. The state of Conn is all-in in making UCONN a research school in the B1G profile

@micjame UCONN will need a East Coast-Big Market-Football Brand-Demographic(recruiting)-Big Research school to be #15..for....

@micjame ....to become #16. Rutgers would not have become #14, w/o Maryland becoming #13. VT is a great combo for UCONN.

@micjame but more importantly Delany is building bridges to UCONN and VT...so if oppruntnity knocks Herbst & Sands will answer

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5h
@micjame UCONN would bring its weakness but it does have strengths. UCONN would bring in valuable competitive content...

@micjame . .to a ever growing BTN. Basketball in Mens and Womens...content to frozen Fridays in hockey. But most important..

@micjame ...the stat of Conn has just showed their committment to thier university in expanding research expenditures....

@micjame When a state does exactly what the state of CONN just did it changes the B1G metric for UCONN. ....Delany is talking..

@micjame Herbst is listening. BIG STEP in uphill pathway to B1G invite

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom