Non-Key Tweets | Page 241 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
espn could not care less about UCONN. espn gets many tax breaks, including this one: http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/cwp/view.asp?a=11&q=483794
I don't think CT or Bristol would cut the breaks because another state would be just as willing to give out those breaks. It's all about keeping those 3k 0r 4k jobs in state. That said, with the millions that espn has spent in buildings, I don't think it would be able to pick up and leave that easily unless it is willing to sell those buildings at an incredible discount. And maybe it would be willing.
Take a look at this post and the next few in another thread.

Reaction Score
Betters. It made me think of the ways WVU is "better".

Football team: better
Conference: better
Number of students missing teeth: better
Lack of genetic diversity in parents of student population: better
Black lung: better
Presence of the color gold/yellow: better

I'm out of ideas. I even used Google. Is this not the most embarrassing "things to do list" for a "major city" that you've ever seen?

QUOTE="UCONN13KC, post: 1346568, member: 4613"]# of shots fired during celebration: better[/QUOTE]

Unsure about the student population, but WV ranks among the most obese States and the total number on disability (many illegally). Somewhere in WV someone's sitting on the couch on a Tuesday afternoon watching WVU's 2007 Fiesta Bowl on loop while snacking on pork rinds. Don't come "betters" than that

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
Great story by @BianchiWrites that all UCF fans need to read & treat as gospel: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...big-12-mike-bianchi-0614-20150613-column.html

As a matter of fact Cincy, UCONN and ECU fans should read it too...

@caingle @BianchiWrites I'll say this... unless the economics change the B12 is not expanding.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@caingle @BianchiWrites The other is for the B12 to find a way to have a network with LHN.

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV yep I think that's the negotiating going on behind the scenes

@caingle Not exactly behind the scenes. ESPN has some decision making to do with the B1G and ACC first.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites But UCF fans can turn those red flags around the program into green flags. It's really in the hands of the fans.

@caingle @BianchiWrites You know how accountants react to red flags. A B12N means UCF's value to the B12 skyrockets.

@caingle @BianchiWrites All the components are there. Location being important.

@caingle @BianchiWrites If UCF doesn't get into the P5 its their fans who are to blame.

@caingle @BianchiWrites UCF fans need to root for two things. One is for ESPN to pull the trigger on the ACCN.

@caingle @BianchiWrites The other is for the B12 to find a way to have a network with LHN.

@caingle @BianchiWrites If those two things evaluate to true then the future is closer than we thought.

@caingle @BianchiWrites I expect ACCN to launch within a year. I expect the B12 to find a way to work with LHN on a network within 2 years.

@Zack_Shields @caingle @BianchiWrites UCF needs to avg about 10K more fans.

Zack ‏@Zack_Shields · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites that's not possible, our stadium doesn't hold that much

@Zack_Shields @caingle @BianchiWrites Start there... expand.

@caingle And everything I hear is the Big 12 will wait to see what happens with the ACCN.

@caingle @BianchiWrites ACCN is important to the B12 for 2 reasons. FSU is one & the other is how much $ does ESPN have?

@caingle @BianchiWrites If ESPN is heavily invested in the BTN, SECN & ACCN do they let Fox do the B12N & if so how does LHN work with it?

Reaction Score
QUOTE="UCONN13KC, post: 1346568, member: 4613"]# of shots fired during celebration: better

Unsure about the student population, but WV ranks among the most obese States and the total number on disability (many illegally). Somewhere in WV someone's sitting on the couch on a Tuesday afternoon watching WVU's 2007 Fiesta Bowl on loop while snacking on pork rinds. Don't come "betters" than that[/QUOTE]
I like WVU...I enjoyed the way they repped the OBE esp against Clemson....Opps I think they scored again!?! Bad rap for an overachieving school but the ACC took L'ville? SMH.

Reaction Score
@caingle @BianchiWrites I expect ACCN to launch within a year. I expect the B12 to find a way to work with LHN on a network within 2 years.

Texas Roundball ‏@TexasRoundball · 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites no network will be launched working with Lhn. Texas isn't changing or giving up games

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 4h4 hours ago
@TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites Oklahoma and Texas aren't doing anything that locked them up past current deal.

@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites Texas wants to play uf, fsu, Miami not directional schools, West Virginia and okie, kan, and Iowa aggy

@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites there's no way Texas and Oklahoma stay in a league with ucf, wvu, etc... 0 chance

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites LHN won't be brought into B12N w FOX holding 3rd tier rights on majority

@NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites ..of B12 schools. Complete utter fantasty made up by Chris. Complete BS

@NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites Chris doesn't even understand WVU own 3rd tier agreement with IMG.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites The 6.8 mil per year for WVUbus for everything..not just TV

@NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites WVU deal with IMG within 2 years will be considered horsesh**.

@caingle @BianchiWrites If ESPN is heavily invested in the BTN, SECN & ACCN do they let Fox do the B12N & if so how does LHN work with it?

@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites ESPN has nothing to do with the BTN. Dude can't even get the simplest facts right....what a joke.

@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites UCF should be in the B12 today. But Texas does not want it to happen. OU looking at exit ramps 2024-25

@theDudeofWV @caingle @BianchiWrites Orlando would become B12 Country...it would add value to the B12. But there will be no B12 N with LHN

Reaction Score
The funny thing about the dud is that he doesn't realize that it is in Wv's best interest if the B12 expands eastward. He has absolutely no big picture view of what has happened to their program which has basically become an isolated also ran. How can you expect to have long term success when you are almost 1k miles away from every other school you are playing against.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Everybody and their mothers know that the B12 has to expand in order to survive as a "power" conference...except those who are already in the B12.

Reaction Score
Everybody and their mothers know that the B12 has to expand in order to survive as a "power" conference...except those who are already in the B12.

It seems to me that their short term goal is to maximize profit, and then to strike a deal with the rest of the P5 to begin an orderly dissolution. The more angst it causes the rest of the P5 that they are not like the rest, the more incentive the P5 may offer to become the P4.

Reaction Score
How can the Big Ten not be smart enough to trademark/copyright Big 16 before the Big 12?!?

Reaction Score
How can the Big Ten not be smart enough to trademark/copyright Big 16 before the Big 12?!?
Maybe (hopefully) it is b/c they know 16 is not the end-game.

Reaction Score
I thought this post on facebook was interesting since I paid a small fee when I graduated to become a life member. Not sure if I will start paying annual dues.

Carl S. Ey
3 hrs · Washington, DC

Dear Fellow UCONN Alumni –

As an elected member of the UCONN Alumni Association Board of Directors, I feel is it my responsibility to be accountable to you as to the matters affecting your alumni association. Since being elected, I have missed only one meeting and have stayed engaged. Again, I take my position seriously.

In short order, you will get a letter from the University of Connecticut offering you an option to vote on the future of the Alumni Association. The letter will be from the Board of Directors from which I am member, encouraging you to vote for dissolution.

I can’t tell you how to vote but I can tell you that voting to dissolve means two things:
1. The Alumni Association will go away as we know it. Instead, the UCONN Foundation will be responsible for running alumni operations. You must feel comfortable that the UCONN Foundation will be good stewards of our alumni chapters, activities, funds etc.in order to support dissolution.

2. There will no longer be an elected alumni voice going forward. The UCONN Foundation, basically, will make decisions in regard to alumni operations.

For those of you that have followed various news articles etc., you will understand that this is quite a contentious issue in Connecticut. I can tell you that the university decided to remove all funding and disallow the use of UCONN logos from the UCONN Alumni Association. Seemingly that left our Board of Directors little choice but to move toward dissolution, which again means the UCONN Foundation will be take over, all money raised by the alumni association (@$6M) will go over to the university and the building we own will be at the disposable of the transition plan that is currently being crafted.

Lastly, I simply ask that you do a little research on your own when you get your ballot, google some of the news articles and really understand what you are voting for when you cast your ballot. Again, I cannot tell you how to vote but I hope you will ALL vote. I will remind all of you that this is an important time for our alma mater and our alumni.

Reaction Score
I thought this post on facebook was interesting since I paid a small fee when I graduated to become a life member. Not sure if I will start paying annual dues.

Carl S. Ey
3 hrs · Washington, DC

Dear Fellow UCONN Alumni –

As an elected member of the UCONN Alumni Association Board of Directors, I feel is it my responsibility to be accountable to you as to the matters affecting your alumni association. Since being elected, I have missed only one meeting and have stayed engaged. Again, I take my position seriously.

In short order, you will get a letter from the University of Connecticut offering you an option to vote on the future of the Alumni Association. The letter will be from the Board of Directors from which I am member, encouraging you to vote for dissolution.

I can’t tell you how to vote but I can tell you that voting to dissolve means two things:
1. The Alumni Association will go away as we know it. Instead, the UCONN Foundation will be responsible for running alumni operations. You must feel comfortable that the UCONN Foundation will be good stewards of our alumni chapters, activities, funds etc.in order to support dissolution.

2. There will no longer be an elected alumni voice going forward. The UCONN Foundation, basically, will make decisions in regard to alumni operations.

For those of you that have followed various news articles etc., you will understand that this is quite a contentious issue in Connecticut. I can tell you that the university decided to remove all funding and disallow the use of UCONN logos from the UCONN Alumni Association. Seemingly that left our Board of Directors little choice but to move toward dissolution, which again means the UCONN Foundation will be take over, all money raised by the alumni association (@$6M) will go over to the university and the building we own will be at the disposable of the transition plan that is currently being crafted.

Lastly, I simply ask that you do a little research on your own when you get your ballot, google some of the news articles and really understand what you are voting for when you cast your ballot. Again, I cannot tell you how to vote but I hope you will ALL vote. I will remind all of you that this is an important time for our alma mater and our alumni.

To begin let me say I have not been following this matter and I am sure there is a lot behind this. However it sure does look like the University is playing hardball with the Alumni Association.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't think the the university feels that the alumni association is effective in fundraising. I don't know that that was it's original charge so it's understandable why they may not be as effective as the UConn Foundation to which fundraising is job 1.

Reaction Score

The B1G isn't changing its name regardless of the number of teams that make up its membership. Unlike The Big 12-4+2 they have too much brand equity built up in the name Big Ten for it to ever change. Thus the invention of the moniker seen in this paragraph used by the conference to distance itself from a numeric representation. The Big 12 trademarked all the other names because they could get away with using them should the opportunity arise. Hell they could rename the conference Shaggy Bevo and Friends and probably get away with it.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
Im basing my assumptions on math. Why is Conn the highest per capita state in the USA? It can't be because rich people are fleeing.

Because of people like me that live in Ct but work in NYC and pay 95pct of my state taxes to NY state?

Reaction Score
ucf #noflyzone ‏@knightbengal · 13h13 hours ago
ucf #noflyzone retweeted AM 740 The Game
@theDudeofWV

AM 740 The Game‏@740thegame 14h14 hours ago
On #OpenMike radio at 7:30 a.m.: #UCF coach #GeorgeOLeary to talk about #Big12 and more. Questions? Listen: http://www.740thegame.com/onair/open-mike-40566/…

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@knightbengal Too early...what did he say?

ucf #noflyzone ‏@knightbengal · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV he talked about the revenue gap widening and that he feels it will force the b12 to expand. Talked about what we brought to

@theDudeofWV the table. Pushed the cable households. Didn't talk about ticket sales. Said we were in a good spot

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@knightbengal Just what I expected him to say.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@knightbengal Take note of his talk of cable households re B12N. Only relevant if....

CL82

Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
The interview is now missing... Coincidence? I think not.

LINK

CL82

Reaction Score
"Revenue gap is going to force some people to expand" Conference network is worth $20M/school. Big 12 is going have to expand. "WV is out on a island that's why Cinci or us would be top candidates" (if the Big 12 does expand.) Loss to UConn last year sticks in his craw.

Reaction Score
ucf #noflyzone ‏@knightbengal · 13h13 hours ago
ucf #noflyzone retweeted AM 740 The Game
@theDudeofWV

AM 740 The Game‏@740thegame 14h14 hours ago
On #OpenMike radio at 7:30 a.m.: #UCF coach #GeorgeOLeary to talk about #Big12 and more. Questions? Listen: http://www.740thegame.com/onair/open-mike-40566/…

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@knightbengal Too early...what did he say?

@theDudeofWV he talked about the revenue gap widening and that he feels it will force the b12 to expand. Talked about what we brought to

@theDudeofWV the table. Pushed the cable households. Didn't talk about ticket sales. Said we were in a good spot

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@knightbengal Just what I expected him to say.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@knightbengal Take note of his talk of cable households re B12N. Only relevant if....

I don't believe a rep of a school under contract with a conference can talk openly about pursuing another conference. I expect something to come out of this. Behind closed doors at a school sponsored event is one thing. On sports radio is something completely different.

Reaction Score
UConn07 said:
I don't believe a rep of a school under contract with a conference can talk openly about pursuing another conference. I expect something to come out of this. Behind closed doors at a school sponsored event is one thing. On sports radio is something completely different.

I'm not really sure you can't, as much as it's frowned upon. UCF seems to be scrambling to make sure that their stands are full this year. Definitely seems more like a campaign for a new conference than it does a hint that they will be moving soon. Cincinnati has gone very quiet and they were once campaigning. UConn is quiet and we were once campaigning. Not sure what to make of that. . I can see the Big 12 adding UConn, UCF and Cincy if the network issues are true. It would expand their reach and once you make it east you might as well grab the schools of value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom