Non-Key Tweets | Page 242 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
For some of the non P5 teams, their situation reminds me of Schrodinger's cat in the quantum mechanics mind puzzle.

Of course, in that puzzle, the cat is in a closed box, and while in the unopened box, exists in both the "dead" and the "live" state. Only the opening of the box triggers the final state.

While there is potential, the cat is alive (well, dead as well since that could be a potential).

We will not know until Schrodinger's cat is exposed at the next round of CR.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
For some of the non P5 teams, their situation reminds me of Schrodinger's cat in the quantum mechanics mind puzzle.

Of course, in that puzzle, the cat is in a closed box, and while in the unopened box, exists in both the "dead" and the "live" state. Only the opening of the box triggers the final state.

While there is potential, the cat is alive (well, dead as well since that could be a potential).

Somebody has been watching Silicon Valley.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
Let's talk a minute about the Big 12 and rumors.

Before we begin lets set the record straight on the AAC schools.

They, the ACC schools, all have red flags. None of them meet the $25 pro rata standard & that standard goes up each year.

Now if you agree that if/when the B12 expands that it will be in the EST then you have a group of AAC schools who are pretty much equal.

UCONN has the best hoops program & UCF, Cincy & ECU arguably better football programs.

They are all equal right now but they are all far short of the mark.

Here's the thing. The AAC would be powerless to stop the Big 12 from poaching it. There is no need to keep it secret. No need at all.

If B12 expansion were in the works you would hear it from the conference. Not the same rumors that keep surfacing time and time again.

the Big 12 will not/can not expand unless its economically viable to do so. It will not add schools for a CCG.

It will not add schools if doing so loses $ or even if they break even. They want profit.

That's what you look for first. Talk of a B12N or redoing their TV contract. Still years out.

My opinion from talking to people who know is that the Big 12 will expand but not for 3-5 years at the earliest.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AJ97Wildcat · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I feel ESPN may push UConn.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @AJ97Wildcat Where? UCONN has the most liability in terms of football.

@AJ97Wildcat UCONN could be the 1st one into the B12 due to hoops & market but its more likely they get left out because of football.

So let's put some rumors in the grave. UCONN isn't being considered for the B1G. Sorry no offense but no basis to that one.

Cincy did talk to the B12. It was a courtesy meeting. Cincy was told basically don't call us we will call you.

UCF and ECU are real candidates. USF is not. Memphis is but a real dark horse.

@AB670 UCONN's football program is millstone around their chances of P5 membership.

@AB670 I have nothing against UCONN. No agenda. Just metrics & an understanding of what each conf. needs.

@AB670 What you have to understand is CR is all about football. Any hope UCONN had of the B1G died when they added RU.

@AB670 But the ACC.... UCONN is a much better fit.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @lwillfollow @AB670 Not this again. Rutger's addition to the B1G killed UCONN's chances.

@lwillfollow @AB670 The B1G bar is so high now that only a few schools merit inclusion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
F--- Schrodinger. How many boxes do you think that he opened to figure out his theory? He's a murdering bastard.

Reaction Score
Never saw the show...but I was reading about quantum mechanics, Bohr and Schrodinger, Pauli, Godel and others, string theory, extra dimensions, dualities, etc.

Was interested in Godel and his "incompleteness" theories......the man went off the deep end and became so paranoid, that he starved himself to death in fear of being poisoned (awaiting an analogy about the Big 12 and the fear of expanding).

Reaction Score
So according to the Dood we are possibly the first one in but also the least likely due to football? Which is it? Also he says no to B1G when every single sign points to B1G. I feel only hurdle is AAU.

Reaction Score

They, the ACC schools, all have red flags. None of them meet the $25 pro rata standard & that standard goes up each year.

Now if you agree that if/when the B12 expands that it will be in the EST then you have a group of AAC schools who are pretty much equal.

UCONN has the best hoops program & UCF, Cincy & ECU arguably better football programs.

Here's the thing. The AAC would be powerless to stop the Big 12 from poaching it. There is no need to keep it secret. No need at all.

If B12 expansion were in the works you would hear it from the conference. Not the same rumors that keep surfacing time and time again.

the Big 12 will not/can not expand unless its economically viable to do so. It will not add schools for a CCG.

It will not add schools if doing so loses $ or even if they break even. They want profit.

That's what you look for first. Talk of a B12N or redoing their TV contract. Still years out.

My opinion from talking to people who know is that the Big 12 will expand but not for 3-5 years at the earliest.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @AJ97Wildcat Where? UCONN has the most liability in terms of football.

@AJ97Wildcat UCONN could be the 1st one into the B12 due to hoops & market but its more likely they get left out because of football.

So let's put some rumors in the grave. UCONN isn't being considered for the B1G. Sorry no offense but no basis to that one.

Cincy did talk to the B12. It was a courtesy meeting. Cincy was told basically don't call us we will call you.

@AB670 UCONN's football program is millstone around their chances of P5 membership.

@AB670 I have nothing against UCONN. No agenda. Just metrics & an understanding of what each conf. needs.

@AB670 What you have to understand is CR is all about football. Any hope UCONN had of the B1G died when they added RU.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @lwillfollow @AB670 Not this again. Rutger's addition to the B1G killed UCONN's chances.

@lwillfollow @AB670 The B1G bar is so high now that only a few schools merit inclusion.

I love how people look at a couple of losing seasons in a row and assume that it's impossible that we'll ever be good at football again.

Schools go through bad stretches just like they go through good stretches. For an entire generation Rutgers football was a 0-3 win program annually.

If HCBD can get us to 6-6 this year, watch the perception begin to shift.

CL82

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV· 2 hours ago

We're equal with ECU now? Wasn't being "equal" with Cincy and UCF bad enough?

You know what? Just bite me you toothless, redneck dipsh1t.

Reaction Score
I love how people look at a couple of losing seasons in a row and assume that it's impossible that we'll ever be good at football again.

Schools go through bad stretches just like they go through good stretches. For an entire generation Rutgers football was a 0-3 win program annually.

If HCBD can get us to 6-6 this year, watch the perception begin to shift.
agreed. even during this very bad stretch UCONN beat l-ville and UCF. All the remaining programs have mediocre football which would greatly improve by joining the P5.

Reaction Score
That was me playing with him a little bit today...he really is comical. For the record on here..I believe we will either end up in the B1G or the ACC (as a replacement for a team moving on to the B1G).

Christopher Lambert

Christopher Lambert

Reaction Score
That was me playing with him a little bit today...he really is comical. For the record on here..I believe we will either end up in the B1G or the ACC (as a replacement for a team moving on to the B1G).

Not sure who was playing w/ who... :D Looks like he beat down the city slicker pretty quick.:p

Reaction Score
Not sure who was playing w/ who... :D Looks like he beat down the city slicker pretty quick.:p
Nah....he went from being an antagonist saying UCONN wasn't going anywhere to agreeing with me that they would go to the ACC...then he said we were good rivals to WVU in the BE...he did tell me early on he was gonna shut me down too...I was actually hoping to get put on his blocked list like Mh3 did to me

Reaction Score
Yes FDNY near 47th St and Eighth Ave...I believe RU's FB and TV success can only ENCOURAGE the BTN of further enrichment esp with the Men and WBB teams status..no one thinks there are loads of Nebraska's there for the B1G.. Remember Delany say's EAST...the last obvious choice of a large state school in a giant rich market. Who else bring's THAT VALUE? Don 't they now have a NYC office?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What sucks is if UConn got into the B12 or 10, the football program's "metrics" would explode overnight. Stadium capacity and attendance would be >50K minimum. The market wants (and will support) bigtime. They will never get back to even Big East levels in the AAC, even with a winning team. We are in a death spiral.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like how Brett McMurphy is a non-key tweeter
Hah, I put it here more so because the topic is only indirectly key to realignment. Though the bar for what's key and non-key on this board has fallen so far that you're probably right.

CL82

Reaction Score
Just the other day he was talking about UCF being in a sprint for the P5...in actuality it was just him sprinting for the P5.
Post of the day, lol.

Reaction Score
The B1G isn't changing its name regardless of the number of teams that make up its membership. Unlike The Big 12-4+2 they have too much brand equity built up in the name Big Ten for it to ever change. Thus the invention of the moniker seen in this paragraph used by the conference to distance itself from a numeric representation. The Big 12 trademarked all the other names because they could get away with using them should the opportunity arise. Hell they could rename the conference Shaggy Bevo and Friends and probably get away with it.
I think the Big 10 could have gotten away with it. The Big 8 was just ahead in marketing, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 10 could have gotten away with it. The Big 8 was just ahead in marketing, in my opinion.

Just because they could get away with it doesn't mean they would have any interest in doing it.

Reaction Score
Turfwurd ‏@turfwurd · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Hearing any chatter about UCF/Cincy being expansion candidates?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
@turfwurd Not from the Big 12.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@turfwurd Timing is just off... 3 to 5 years is my guess. When you start hearing more concrete stuff about B12N.

I know UC and UCF fans believe B12 expansion is nigh. It's not. Economics having changed.

Fox & ESPN share the Big 12 TV contract and they are no re-opening the contract to add money any time soon.

Until you hear of those talks underway...with Fox & ESPN...expansion is impossible.

Any rumor you hear, no matter how much you want to believe it, is false if it doesn't explain how the Big 12 would add revenues.

Previously people have said UC & UCF would take less. That's not going to happen as its now against the Big 12's bylaws.

Equally false is the new rumors about OU and UT.

Ask the people spreading those rumors about the 12 years left on the GoR & LHN. Ask them to explain how they get out of those.

@HabibHaddad I don't get why people don't get this is about money. UT, WVU OU & KU made as much as the SEC when T3 $ is factored in...

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
@HabibHaddad I don't get why people don't get this is about money. UT, WVU OU & KU made as much as the SEC when T3 $ is factored in...

This is so disingenuous. WVU is making a little under $7 million a year ($80 million/12 years) for their entire tier 3 media. The SEC and Big10 sell their tier 3 games to their respective networks and keep the rest. Sponsorships, coaches shows, radio broadcasts and such are sold off to media groups. Michigan signed a contract in 2008 with IMG for $86 million over 12 years. That's on top of what comes from The BTN.

The Dude is lying his arse off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom