Non-Key Tweets | Page 243 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is so disingenuous. WVU is making a little under $7 million a year ($80 million/12 years) for their entire tier 3 media. The SEC and Big10 sell their tier 3 games to their respective networks and keep the rest. Sponsorships, coaches shows, radio broadcasts and such are sold off to media groups. Michigan signed a contract in 2008 with IMG for $86 million over 12 years. That's on top of what comes from The BTN.

The Dude is lying his arse off.
He says whatever he thinks makes West Virginia look better and can't be disproven.

A couple weeks ago he lumped WVU in with Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas as the only Big XII schools who are driving the bus and have options. KU hasn't been relevant in football since Mark Mangino (2009) and weren't relevant before him. So in terms of Conference Realignment, it stands to reason that Kansas is no more in the drivers' seat than UConn (i.e. can only bring basketball to the table). The other 9 schools don't like going so far east as Morgantown for just one school and WVU will put up with traveling that far west because of the money. But make no mistake that they are sucking at the teet, not providing the milk.

Reaction Score
This is so disingenuous. WVU is making a little under $7 million a year ($80 million/12 years) for their entire tier 3 media. The SEC and Big10 sell their tier 3 games to their respective networks and keep the rest. Sponsorships, coaches shows, radio broadcasts and such are sold off to media groups. Michigan signed a contract in 2008 with IMG for $86 million over 12 years. That's on top of what comes from The BTN.

The Dude is lying his arse off.
I see he never misses an opportunity to lump WVU in with OU/UT as though their one of the B12 elite and have zero concerns in CR. It must be tough on WVU fan's being so far out on an island to get to away games !?! WVU really needed to get into the ACC.

Reaction Score
He says whatever he thinks makes West Virginia look better and can't be disproven.

A couple weeks ago he lumped WVU in with Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas as the only Big XII schools who are driving the bus and have options. KU hasn't been relevant in football since Mark Mangino (2009) and weren't relevant before him. So in terms of Conference Realignment, it stands to reason that Kansas is no more in the drivers' seat than UConn (i.e. can only bring basketball to the table). The other 9 schools don't like going so far east as Morgantown for just one school and WVU will put up with traveling that far west because of the money. But make no mistake that they are sucking at the teet, not providing the milk.
Lol..We basically were thinking the same thing at the same time!! Our posts were almost simultaneous. Academics aside I will say WVU has a better athletics profile excepting hoops and possibly more fans nationwide IMO. KU has AAU though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Everybody needs to understand that the "Dood" (a disgrace to the Big Lebowski) is nothing more than a hyper WVU twitter booster. He knows nothing and understands little. He preaches football and ignores markets, research and academics, because those things make WVU look bad. He has no knowledge of or understanding of UConn, Cincy or anybody else. He throws out these $25M numbers as if they mean something and as if WVU brings some mythical $25m to the Big XII.

The B1G gets it, the SEC gets it. The Big XII is stuck in the 1990s. It has a few marquee programs in football and basketball (and baseball) and therefore has a decent national audience along with its tiny local markets outside of Dallas, Houston and KC. It doesn't have a network and won't, because it has a horrible demographic footprint. Therefore he downplays the things that do matter to the conferences with Networks, he undervalues UConn women's hoops, which is likely more valuable than WVU men's hoops, hockey, soccer and the other content that the BTN desperately needs. He has no clue about TV markets and cable subscribers, or can't be honest because his own market doesn't even register. It's not a blip.

Reaction Score
Not to mention he just repeats the same stuff. Twitter should revoke his permit due to lack of originality and information.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
Bad new from Big 12 source: (cont)

"Every AAC school who believes itself to be a candidate for the hypothetical B12 expansion falls far short in just about every metric."

"The B12 continues to be approached by interested parties & any conversations or interaction resulting is purely out of courtesy."

"Our conference simply has no interest in expansion at this time."

"We will revisit our position on expansion if and when a candidate emerges that meets our criteria."

We did speak briefly about the possibility of how a B12N would affect expansion. Our assumptions are correct. A future B12N opens the door.

He also said he thought the deluge of rumors a emanating from Cincy & UCF as they make the rounds for fund raising.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @UChrisF @Don_304 They have their eye on FSU.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"We will revisit our position on expansion if and when a candidate emerges that meets our criteria."

Perfect weasel answer for the Dood.

Reaction Score
Bad new from Big 12 source: (cont)

"Every AAC school who believes itself to be a candidate for the hypothetical B12 expansion falls far short in just about every metric."

"The B12 continues to be approached by interested parties & any conversations or interaction resulting is purely out of courtesy."

"Our conference simply has no interest in expansion at this time."

We did speak briefly about the possibility of how a B12N would affect expansion. Our assumptions are correct. A future B12N opens the door.

He also said he thought the deluge of rumors a emanating from Cincy & UCF as they make the rounds for fund raising.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @UChrisF @Don_304 They have their eye on FSU.

In my time spent following college sports online I'm not sure that I've ever come across anyone that has dedicated as much time to producing this much bullschitt. Its absolutely crazy all things considered. Honestly what does he get out of it?

Reaction Score
In my time spent following college sports online I'm not sure that I've ever come across anyone that has dedicated as much time to producing this much bullschitt. Its absolutely crazy all things considered. Honestly what does he get out of it?

This.

It's truly an amazing thing. Maybe it is one giant social experiment!?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

He thinks he can help the Big12 and hurt the ACC by creating his BS. He loves the attention too.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 59m59 minutes ago
@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone As far as I know WVU has never contacted the B1G. But the B1G did contact them.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone As a partner for PSU. WVU declined because they could not, at the time, invest

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone In academics the way the B1G required. People forget that PSU & OSU are pro WVU.

dayooper

Reaction Score
@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone As far as I know WVU has never contacted the B1G. But the B1G did contact them.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone As a partner for PSU. WVU declined because they could not, at the time, invest

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone In academics the way the B1G required. People forget that PSU & OSU are pro WVU.

Yes, they contacted WVU to see how good Rutgers and UConn were as conference mates in The Big East. Big10 doing their due diligence on new members, just like an employer checking the references on a perspective employee.

See, I can play the crazy game too!

dayooper

Reaction Score

Laughing my arse off. They couldn't, at the time, "invest." That sure stopped Rutgers and Maryland from going tomThe Big10. You go to the Big10 TO invest!

dayooper

Reaction Score
And yet we all give credibility to him by spreading his tweets...
Who's the fool in this?

He's no fool. Chris does a very good job of coming across like he's legit. He is vague enough and what he says seems like it could be true (and plants enough legit info already out there) that until you actually think about it, you can believe it. Throw in the insecurity of fan bases not in P5, or their P5 conferences disintegrating, and they will cling on to the happy Dude speak.

Notice when UConn fans didn't worship him after he planted The Big12 looking at you all, he started saying you are stuck in G5 and started bad mouthing UConn again.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Laughing my arse off. They couldn't, at the time, "invest." That sure stopped Rutgers and Maryland from going tomThe Big10. You go to the Big10 TO invest!

He was saying they couldn't invest in academics. Which is true. WVU could put a billion dollars into its academics and it would still be a joke academically.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago

p ‏@Pizan1260 · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone you're both idiots. Wvu was never offered

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
@Pizan1260 Did I say offered? Or approached?

@Pizan1260 at that time JoPa was at PSU & Gee at OSU. Both respected WVU as they had a clue.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime Also add about WVU & the B1G approaching them. Nehlen had strong ties to Michigan.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime So WVU had the support of Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime In 10 years WVU will be a happy member of the Big 12 but schools like UNC & Duke will not be

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime able to use academics as a reason to exclude WVU from anything.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime WVU is happy in the Big 12. WVU is also an SEC school by culture. It's not a B1G school.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime As the VT and Pitt programs slide backwards I really can't say I would want WVU in the ACC.

@Doinitknightly Schools that wouldn't meet the B12's standards right now...

@Doinitknightly Wake, Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, Utah, Northwestern, Minnesota, Vanderbilt.

@Expansion_Crush You may have noticed I've taken the gloves off. I'm just tired of people who make assumptions & try & troll me.

@Doinitknightly Add Washington state, Purdue, Indiana & Oregon state to that list.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime in all honesty, I know PSU & Michigan does not support WVU into B1G.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @JonBCoker This was confirmed by a former WVU president & Dr. Gee.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker · 42m42 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV and with how B1G operates, they secured PSU with more eastern partners (ala Rutgers & Maryland). WVU wasn't an option at time.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 39m39 minutes ago
@JonBCoker Do you have 1st or 2nd hand knowledge that WVU wasn't approached by the B1G in 1989?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 40m40 minutes ago
@JonBCoker You know for a fact that WVU wasn't approached by the B1G in 1989? You know that personally.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 43m43 minutes ago
@JonBCoker Because 2 presidents have told me they were.

@JonBCoker You didn't know about Bo's ties to WVU thru Nehlen or OSU's thru Gee or Earl Bruce did you?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 46m46 minutes ago
@JonBCoker Bo had tons of power at Michigan. He was close to Nehlen.

@JonBCoker Gee had been president at WVU before OSU & Vandy. He knew the real WVU.

@JonBCoker When I tell you guys something & don't expressly say it's my opinion it's been verified or told to me

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 36m36 minutes ago
@JonBCoker And I share what I do for a reason. I never share anything I'm told off the record.

Reaction Score
College presidents from major athletic conferences caring to talk to him? Really? This dude is grasping at straws.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago

p ‏@Pizan1260 · 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime @SpencerLeone you're both idiots. Wvu was never offered

@Pizan1260 Did I say offered? Or approached?

@Pizan1260 at that time JoPa was at PSU & Gee at OSU. Both respected WVU as they had a clue.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime Also add about WVU & the B1G approaching them. Nehlen had strong ties to Michigan.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime So WVU had the support of Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime In 10 years WVU will be a happy member of the Big 12 but schools like UNC & Duke will not be

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime able to use academics as a reason to exclude WVU from anything.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime WVU is happy in the Big 12. WVU is also an SEC school by culture. It's not a B1G school.

@HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime As the VT and Pitt programs slide backwards I really can't say I would want WVU in the ACC.

@Doinitknightly Schools that wouldn't meet the B12's standards right now...

@Doinitknightly Wake, Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, Utah, Northwestern, Minnesota, Vanderbilt.

@Expansion_Crush You may have noticed I've taken the gloves off. I'm just tired of people who make assumptions & try & troll me.

@Doinitknightly Add Washington state, Purdue, Indiana & Oregon state to that list.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV @HabibHaddad @Expansion_Crush @Ruknighttime in all honesty, I know PSU & Michigan does not support WVU into B1G.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @JonBCoker This was confirmed by a former WVU president & Dr. Gee.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker · 42m42 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV and with how B1G operates, they secured PSU with more eastern partners (ala Rutgers & Maryland). WVU wasn't an option at time.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 39m39 minutes ago
@JonBCoker Do you have 1st or 2nd hand knowledge that WVU wasn't approached by the B1G in 1989?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 40m40 minutes ago
@JonBCoker You know for a fact that WVU wasn't approached by the B1G in 1989? You know that personally.

@JonBCoker Because 2 presidents have told me they were.

@JonBCoker You didn't know about Bo's ties to WVU thru Nehlen or OSU's thru Gee or Earl Bruce did you?

@JonBCoker Bo had tons of power at Michigan. He was close to Nehlen.

@JonBCoker Gee had been president at WVU before OSU & Vandy. He knew the real WVU.

@JonBCoker When I tell you guys something & don't expressly say it's my opinion it's been verified or told to me

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 36m36 minutes ago
@JonBCoker And I share what I do for a reason. I never share anything I'm told off the record.

Long time WVU coach Don Nehlen was an assistant under Schembechler (QB coach) from 1977-1979. Bo kept close with almost all of his assistants that went on to greater things as well as his players.

That being said, I highly doubt that his relationship with Nehlen would lead Michigan to want to bring in WVU into The Big10. The Gee link timeline is off as well. In 1989, he was at the University of Colorado. He didn't become President of OSU (his first tenure) until Sept. 1990. At that time, The Big10 was waiting on Notre Dame.

The only way I can see Schembechler trying to find a 12th to go with PSU to block ND. His famous saying "... To H*ll with Notre Dame" might lead him to try and find another, but he knew the value and wouldn't have stood in the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom