Non-Key Tweets | Page 223 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well, maybe the Big 12 gets hacked up and we can at least start a new conference with the K-States and Iowa States of the world in it. That's better than what we have now.
That would be interesting. I'd still prefer the Big Ten, but whatever gets UConn a seat at the table is fine by me.

Reaction Score
Instability, yes. But Big 12 is greater than the sum of it's parts. Who takes K State? Where does Iowa State land? They do not have the curb appeal for the B1G or SEC. Geo isolated from ACC and PAC. Better to sick together and add a quality program or two, CCG. It's the P5....everyone can't be in the 'best' conference - however 'best ' is defined or measured - subjectively, objectively, other.
Uh oh. Did you just knock Iowa State? Brace yourself! :)

Reaction Score
I shuddered when I read that post. Cyclone lurkers abound.
Iowa State actually is a great acedemic school with a longer history in football than Iowa. I believe they also are AAU.
If we posessed their metrics we would have been long gone.
They consider themselves equal in every way to he Hawkeyes.
They actually have a lot of fans in that state for being number 2,compared to , Louisville for instance whose fan base outside of the metro area seems to disappear in a sea of blue.

Gretchen

Civilly Disobedient
Reaction Score
That was not my intention, and if I did so (inadvertently) I apologize to those offended by my remarks. It's a fine school.

Gretchen

Civilly Disobedient
Reaction Score
I shuddered when I read that post. Cyclone lurkers abound.
Iowa State actually is a great acedemic school with a longer history in football than Iowa. I believe they also are AAU.
If we posessed their metrics we would have been long gone.
They consider themselves equal in every way to he Hawkeyes.
They actually have a lot of fans in that state for being number 2,compared to , Louisville for instance whose fan base outside of the metro area seems to disappear in a sea of blue.
Yes...ISU is AAU

Reaction Score
Of course Texas will do whatever it wants with its $25 billion endowment and 50 national championships. Is Kansas State with its 0 national championships and under $500 million endowment concerned about instability? I would bet yes.

We'll I am sure K State's academic national university ranking (US news) of #142 :rolleyes: will help, then again, Louisville is #161 ranking did not seem to hurt them at all :mad:. The 'second tier' teams in the XII clearly have the most to lose if the XII folds as they may not have a P4 lifeboat, such as K State, Iowa St, and Texas St (whose realignment strategy is to simply hold onto U Texas with all of its might and hope it gets saved along the way).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 18m 18 minutes ago
I find myself strangely not wanting to post my story on the Big 12 and expansion. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just burned out.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 13m 13 minutes ago
So I'm not going to post anything but I will post summary points here.

... followed by another dozen "summary points" posts.
Ha, last week he posted that he didn't have time to tweet his updates until the following day due to the nice weather and being a mountain bike enthusiast, etc...... he then took the next hour or so, and 25+ more tweets to explain how he has no time to post his updates, but still managed to provide the update without giving an update.

Reaction Score
Now he's posting about how all of the Big 12 sources contacted him to tell him how great he is, guys.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The Dude is full of it. He latched on, found some "fame", believed in his "fame", BSed to preserve his "fame" and now that the curtains have been pulled he's getting ready to bail...or Mom told him he has to get out and get a job.

Flugaur probably does a little more research but doesn't know much more than the rest of us unless the aforementioned UConn booster connection is true.

Reaction Score
Instability, yes. But Big 12 is greater than the sum of it's parts. Who takes K State? Where does Iowa State land? They do not have the curb appeal for the B1G or SEC. Geo isolated from ACC and PAC. Better to sick together and add a quality program or two, CCG. It's the P5....everyone can't be in the 'best' conference - however 'best ' is defined or measured - subjectively, objectively, other.

Even if they're not the most attractive programs they're still P5 programs, which give them a status above the Memphis and Houston of the world. Worst case scenario is they find a home in the Pac 12 because the PAC doesn't have leverage to attract the more famous programs and they still need access to more eyeballs for the PAC12N. Iowa State, Texas Tech, Kansas State and probably TCU to PAC.

On the ACC side we'll take Baylor or TCU to help bring in Texas, which would help the ACCN by going into a major state with two good football programs. Then UConn to complete the basketball lineup.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 folds, Iowa State, Texas Tech, West Virginia, KState, Baylor and TCU will all be spray painting an "A" with a star in it on their football fields.

Unfortunately, they're either subservient in their market or just in a lousy market. The Texas programs have as much sway as SMU and Houston which is to say none.

The PAC 12, SEC and Big Ten will take the juicy bits.

Reaction Score
More useful information than what the dude gives us.

Looked at her Twitter page, such a random statement. No other reference to UConn except she has a picture of a scholarship award that notes she is likely to attend UConn. Only way this has any legs is if she is related to a UConn trustee or other executive within UConn or someone within the ACC or B1G.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looked at her Twitter page, such a random statement. No other reference to UConn except she has a picture of a scholarship award that notes she is likely to attend UConn. Only way this has any legs is if she is related to a UConn trustee or other executive within UConn or someone within the ACC or B1G.

While she seems just a random ordinary person, it is interesting that Flug is pushing UConn to the B1G rumors and the Dude is now saying that the ACC is talking to UConn. Perhaps both are correct? For the first time in a long time, there is at least smoke. Whether there is fire...who knows?

Reaction Score
Rumor's are better than silence esp in relation to CR.....I don't think either the B1G or the ACC want to lose ground/markets to any perceived competitor esp in our prime market. Keep fanning the flame's higher...send them smoke signals out there.

Reaction Score
The Old AZ strategy at work.
If you get in in the ACC's mind that UConn to the B1G or even the Big 12 is on the table you create a dissonance that ,will impel them to act.
The converse is also true.
Even if your not really wanted ,the prospect of the competition getting you could be a disaster.
If the ACC whiffs on UConn, and by some twist of fate we end up in th B1G, if you equate CR with a chess match ,it would be lay down your king time .
If enough smoke is created , even at these low levels ,someone may actually think there is a fire somewhere.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think the powers that be can tell the difference between messageboard smoke and actual smoke.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that Princess Sarah is the dude's exwife...........i mean sister.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom