Non-Key Tweets | Page 225 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Humorous double tap by A&M on Texas:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...or-jabs-at-texas-longhorn-network-not-real-tv

Sharp then took a pointed shot at the Aggies' old rivals from Austin.
"We're hopeful that sometime in the future there will be a bowl game that we're able to play in, you know, if [Texas] gets there," he said. "But the great thing about playing us is that you can get on real TV if you play us.”

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 7h 7 hours ago
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/business/the-big-tens-bigger-footprint.html?referrer=… I never knew Delany ever spoke about the state of Colorado before until I was forwarded this article.

I never knew how many NEB/MN/IA Big Ten Alumni now live in the Denver greater area until this info was given to me. I never thought...

How would Nebraska fans think about the addition of CSU to the Big Ten? You all have more alumni in Denver than Chicago..amazing

I'm just asking.. And as JD told UMD President.."it's not the number of butts in seats"...but eyeballs on TVScreen" when reassuring on..

..the limited UMD football stadium capacity. So the 36000 new FB @ CSU is not an issue. Never thought of CSU as B1G candidate before..

This guy who is sending me the info is convinced Delany is setting up CSU in Big Ten under new TV contract for 2017. I don't believe it..but

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 7h 7 hours ago
...this guy holds a position in a Denver area Alumni Club..and he has stats...and stats...must be part of some PR firm

He believes Big Ten is trying to get ASU and Denver Hockey as Affliates starting in 2016-17....and CSU as Full member in 2017.

He has some great info..and although I'm very doubtful of all of this he did show me that Delany did speak of Colorado being B1G Footprint

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6h 6 hours ago
@NebGradDubDub It would be difficult to see CSU having enough of CO market..but it's interesting Delany said B1G footprint starts in CO-west

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 5h 5 hours ago
@epark88 I don't think CSU is in Delanys plan but if I'm wrong (if everyone is wrong) if JD can't get a P5 school to join.well.CSU +UCONN?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
@TexasRoundball @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 CSU is a bigger school than I thought. This guy also told me and sent me..

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire @TexasRoundball @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 CSU is bigger than CU I beleive

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@NebGradDubDub @TexasRoundball @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 I didn't know that..had no clue. Land grant just like most (not all) of B1G

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4h 4 hours ago
@TexasRoundball @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 CSU new AD did say in interview (according to this guy)adding lacrosse..

@TexasRoundball @NebGradDubDub @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914 .adding women's lacrosse to play in new FB stadium. I would like to confirm

@RedhawkLand @Expansion_Crush @TexasRoundball @NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 If CSU is 3rd in Denver can they get to 2 with B1G membership?

@RedhawkLand @Expansion_Crush @TexasRoundball @NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 ...and would 2nd in Denver be enough juice? Maybe..maybe

@Expansion_Crush @TexasRoundball @NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 In conclusion....I guess I will be paying more attention to CSU.

@TexasRoundball @Expansion_Crush @NebGradDubDub @OmegaSupreme914 http://www.coloradoan.com/story/sports/csu/2015/04/15/csu-ncaa-lacrosse/25820477/… CSU Adding Women's Lacrosse

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 29m 29 minutes ago
@russsprague @CSUAthletics @bigtenconf Some Colorado guy (Big Ten Alumni Club-Denver) gave me some info/stats on CSU being on Delany/radar

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 28m 28 minutes ago
@russsprague @CSUAthletics @bigtenconf I think it's the longest of long shots..but he had some interesting theory, I have to admit

Reaction Score
If they're good enough for the Big 10, not sure why the Big 12 wouldn't take them first. I think they would be happier playing closer to home in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
If they're good enough for the Big 10, not sure why the Big 12 wouldn't take them first. I think they would be happier playing closer to home in the Big 12.

Because they're not good enough at this point.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
If you care about academics and cable subscribers, CSU stands out after UConn among the G5.

B12 doesn't care about academics or cable subscribers. They care about national fanbase for advertising revenue. CSU adds nothing there.

I always thought CSU was an interesting candidate for the B1G, but I didn't think they'd want to compete with the Pac.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone join a dying conference over a solid conference like the B1G..heck many here and even in the south and midwest including powerhouse Okla want out!! Big 12 for a G% if no one else wants you...that i understand but outside Texas who cares about the B12? Toxic.

Reaction Score
If you care about academics and cable subscribers, CSU stands out after UConn among the G5.

B12 doesn't care about academics or cable subscribers. They care about national fanbase for advertising revenue. CSU adds nothing there.

I always thought CSU was an interesting candidate for the B1G, but I didn't think they'd want to compete with the Pac.
They could certainly use a national base...outside of Texahoma and small market Kansas who cares? See what happened to TCU and Baylor this yr.

Reaction Score
CSU is one of those programs much like UCONN, that I have always kept an eye on. Not because they are a powerhouse add like UNL, or a great market like Rutgers, but instead a good combination of improving metrics. With Colorado doing nothing nationally for 25 years, there is room for a brand like CSU to be developed via membership in a major conference. It could explain why they are gung ho to push through an incredibly expensive stadium build despite being a member of a G5 Conference.

Reaction Score
CSU is one of those programs much like UCONN, that I have always kept an eye on. Not because they are a powerhouse add like UNL, or a great market like Rutgers, but instead a good combination of improving metrics. With Colorado doing nothing nationally for 25 years, there is room for a brand like CSU to be developed via membership in a major conference. It could explain why they are gung ho to push through an incredibly expensive stadium build despite being a member of a G5 Conference.
CSU is making a push for something behind the scenes? I seen rumors they want in either the B12 or B1G on Landthieves CR board. Not unrealistic IMO.

Reaction Score
When I've seen them in tv the stands are (typically packed) with people wearing orange but uniforms are green and yellow. I don't get that

Reaction Score
Frustration when programs up and down the P5 from Texas and Ohio State to Wake Forest and BC earn the big bucks while programs like BYU, UCONN, Cincy, and the Floridas earn much less. Ideally all D1 programs should be on a level playing field and perhaps earning financially what they earn on the field. It's mad. This methodology would make more sense than what is out there now.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1h 1 hour ago
Behind the scenes a Big 12 Country network is being discussed... and those discussion include Texas.

If they can work the details for "Big 12 Country" then the conference is set to expand into key markets just in time for the next contract.

Included in those discussion are distribution channels like Netflix and Hulu.

So don't believe the rumors that anyone in the Big 12 is looking to leave.

All signs point to expansion - at least between P5 conferences - being over.

Reaction Score
Frustration when programs up and down the P5 from Texas and Ohio State to Wake Forest and BC earn the big bucks while programs like BYU, UCONN, Cincy, and the Floridas earn much less. Ideally all D1 programs should be on a level playing field and perhaps earning financially what they earn on the field. It's mad. This methodology would make more sense than what is out there now.

One of the craziest movies of all time. From Jimmy Durante kicking the bucket to
Jonathan Winters classic garage destruction scene
I couldn't imagine what that set was like with that cast.

Reaction Score
Happened to stumble upon this the other day even though its about a month old..

oliver_luck_twitter_syracuse.0.jpg

Reaction Score
Now the dude says big 12 will expand when it forms it's own network. You think? It's no different than their current network situation other than that deal is already done. However, you cannot wait until that deal is over to do it. That's why they have to do it sooner rather than later or the ship will have sailed.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wait didn't the dude just say no expansion was forthcoming?
Wait didn't the dude just say he wasn't going to post anymore?

The dude is like Dracula, he just won't stay dead.

Reaction Score
I've had the thought of CSU and UConn to the B1G as possibility. Didn't think anyone else had thought of the possibility but it sounds good to me. I think CO can support two P5 schools and CT really deserves a seat at the table.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom