Non-Key Tweets | Page 221 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Bowlsby was referring to all of the media chat (blogs, talking heads, etc) that bloomed regarding having four super-conferences. He said that he has heard no serious discussion of that by his peers.

Well, when you're one of two conferences earmarked for potential obsolescence, you try to downplay that narrative.

Reaction Score
Flug

My weekly summary:

- Flug is right. We are growing & expanding rapidly demand in live content. No trough. And, it's not just about Football. A BTN needs 24/7 content & therefore Baseball, Hockey & Womens Basketball has value. SEC Network too.
- B12 & ACC at distinct disadvantage. That GOR is out the door. A $50m to $20m disparity per annum is huge & overcomes $$$ paid out the door.
- Many claim this is about Football. Not to the B1G. It's about rising to the highest rankings globally as Universities - Global ranks. Driven by branding & research dollars & the ability to attract worldly international students. It's on.
- Watch the new opening in the B1G TV.

Reaction Score
Bowlsby was referring to all of the media chat (blogs, talking heads, etc) that bloomed regarding having four super-conferences. He said that he has heard no serious discussion of that by his peers.

Delany hasn't called Bowlsby and said, "Here's what we're thinkin'. . ." ? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
There won't be 20-school conferences. Way too many and traditional games still important for older members. 16 is probably the MAX for any power conference.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4h 4 hours ago
I've have said this at least 20 times in last 3 months. Big 12 needs to get into Florida...for real. BYU + UCF. Need more proof? #nfldraft

Do I think the Big 12 will expand to 12? Nope. But let's pray I'm dead wrong. B12 needs to expand media/recruiting/branding footprint

@JoeMcMurphy You are correct. CINCY/UCF is great combo as well. B12 needs to expand recruiting grounds past Texas

GR EG SWAI M SHOW ‏@GSwaim · 4h4 hours ago
With super conference era on the horizon, #Big12 clearly odd man out after GOR e ds and #LHN bought out. #UT #Sooners #OKState #TexasTech

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@G Swai m
B12 needs to take short term loss and expand..need to expand recruiting/media/branding footprint. Or Conf will continue to wither

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1h 1 hour ago
A post - based on numerous conversations with people with direct knowledge of the NCAA process & the Big 12 last night - is forthcoming.

Reaction Score
Delaney seems worried about pods deregulation of divisions and 20 team conferences....see my post in Key Tweets,,,

Reaction Score
I've have said this at least 20 times in last 3 months. Big 12 needs to get into Florida...for real. BYU + UCF. Need more proof? #nfldraft

Do I think the Big 12 will expand to 12? Nope. But let's pray I'm dead wrong. B12 needs to expand media/recruiting/branding footprint

@JoeMcMurphy You are correct. CINCY/UCF is great combo as well. B12 needs to expand recruiting grounds past Texas

GR EG SWAI M SHOW ‏ · 4h4 hours ago
With super conference era on the horizon, #Big12 clearly odd man out after GOR e ds and #LHN bought out. #UT #Sooners #OKState #TexasTech

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@G Swai m
B12 needs to take short term loss and expand..need to expand recruiting/media/branding footprint. Or Conf will continue to wither

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1h 1 hour ago
A post - based on numerous conversations with people with direct knowledge of the NCAA process & the Big 12 last night - is forthcoming.

Why the hell does the Flug care about the Big 12? Better for the Big 10 to pick up two schools and the other three pick the rest. Every power conference at 16 each and two independents (Texas and ND). Expand the post-season to 6. Problem solved. Might as well get it done well before the GoR is near term.

Reaction Score
GoR is crap.

Don't peg your hopes there. THIS IS A CLASSIC CARTEL. You in CoastAtlantic are in a losing position. As you try to teach us to read (arrogance), I will try to underline your vulnerability: Dollars are too wide to keep some of your cheating hearts still.

You have two MEGA wealthy conferences. And then one that - by time zone & geography - is a player at a lesser revenue stream. The new TV contracts are going to ravage your position. And, there are NEWBIES that have Brand & Content that are valued. Tick Tick Tick ... the open season starts as the B1G contract positioning starts.

The ACC ain't picking up anyone of Value as they won't ever have the CF per Institution. The B12 is highly vulnerable.

Reaction Score
GoR is crap.

Don't peg your hopes there. THIS IS A CLASSIC CARTEL. You in CoastAtlantic are in a losing position. As you try to teach us to read (arrogance), I will try to underline your vulnerability: Dollars are too wide to keep some of your cheating hearts still.

You have two MEGA wealthy conferences. And then one that - by time zone & geography - is a player at a lesser revenue stream. The new TV contracts are going to ravage your position. And, there are NEWBIES that have Brand & Content that are valued. Tick Tick Tick ... the open season starts as the B1G contract positioning starts.

The ACC ain't picking up anyone of Value as they won't ever have the CF per Institution. The B12 is highly vulnerable.

Potential merger of the best of the two down the line (7-10 years)???

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 17m 17 minutes ago
Great weather delaying my post. It’s mountain bike season plus now I’m the Jeff Bagwell of a co-Ed softball team. Also the coach.

But is coming. Just have to write it up.

Note: I don’t go looking for info to support my opinion. I look for the truth. I also verify.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 16m 16 minutes ago
I understand sources have a bias - intentional or not. I understand I have a bias.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 15m 15 minutes ago
But I would never let my bias interfere with the facts. I don’t backward engineer info to make myself feel good.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 14m 14 minutes ago
More importantly my network has grown large enough that I can get a wide view of what’s occurring.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 13m 13 minutes ago
I can balance what B12 sources tell me with what my contact at ESPN tells me & filter out the bias using multiple sources.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 12m 12 minutes ago
Everyone is eager to jump to conclusions when the slightest bit of info, accurate or not, props up what they want to believe.

But If you stop & think it’s easy to cut thru the BS.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 11m 11 minutes ago
Some people want to make their reputations arguing with me & I’ve stopped playing that game.

I’m not the story. I’m at the mercy of a at least a dozen sources who are kind enough to share info with me. Why? They trust me.

They trust me not to spin the info to fit my personal agenda. They trust me to help fill in the gaps between legitimate media & social media

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 9m 9 minutes ago
I can tell you this prior to the post that will be long & detailed. The NCAA rule requiring 12 schools in 2 divisions will be revoked.

Revocation of that rule has been 5 years in the works. Revocation is supported both by the NCAA & at least 3 of the 5 P5 conf.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 8m 8 minutes ago
The playoff committee is not affiliated with any conf. They do not serve some secrete agenda to conspire against the B12 to force expansion.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 7m 7 minutes ago
The 4 P5 conf with a CCG see the advantage the B12 may have by not having one. They would like to see the B12 have a CCG.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 6m 6 minutes ago
But none of them seek to force the B12 to expand. I will explain why in detail in the post.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 5m 5 minutes ago
In regards to the B1G a source within the BTN confirms that AAU membership is a hard requirement for future expansion.

No school will be considered without being a member of the AAU prior to their application for admission.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 4m 4 minutes ago
The BTN source confirmed if B1G expansion occurs it must be within markets lucrative in both $ & exposure.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 3m 3 minutes ago
a source within the VT athletic department tells me that VT has had absolutely no contact with the B1G & has no interest in the B1G.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1m 1 minute ago
The same source tells me that that GT has no interest.

He says that to the best of his knowledge only FSU & UNC would consider leaving for the B1G & that NCST’s SEC desire isn’t a secret.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 11s 11 seconds ago
Tomorrow I will share what I learned. I will not debate or argue what you believe or what you want to happen versus what is happening.

The post tomorrow is based on conversations I had with 7 sources at the NCAA, WVU, the B12, VT, ESPN and others.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 50s 51 seconds ago
It is not my opinion. It is not what I believe is happening or what I want to happen.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 16s 16 seconds ago
You are free to form your own opinion. I can’t change your minds or convince you of what you don’t want to believe.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · now 8 seconds ago
But you should have the facts and a broad view of the factors influencing events & their likely outcomes.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · now 18 seconds ago
I took issue with someone who took statements out of context & tried to say what I had previously shared with about the B12 was wrong

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · now
He said that my sources deliberately face me false information. That offended me.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 31s 32 seconds ago
Mostly because it impugned the character of sources who go out of their way to share info with me.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 26s 27 seconds ago
My sources understand the power of social media & how I help fill in the gap between what journalists can print & what I can share.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 8s 9 seconds ago
His statement also implied I would be naive enough to believe what was told to me without verification.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 18s 18 seconds ago
If you look back - especially over the past 2 years - you will see that what I have shared has tracked closely with events.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 13s 13 seconds ago
Info I shared about why the B12 would not expand was later echoed almost word for word by the B12 & media that covers the Big 12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great weather delaying my post. It’s mountain bike season plus now I’m the Jeff Bagwell of a co-Ed softball team. Also the coach.

But is coming. Just have to write it up.

Note: I don’t go looking for info to support my opinion. I look for the truth. I also verify.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 16m 16 minutes ago
I understand sources have a bias - intentional or not. I understand I have a bias.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 15m 15 minutes ago
But I would never let my bias interfere with the facts. I don’t backward engineer info to make myself feel good.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 14m 14 minutes ago
More importantly my network has grown large enough that I can get a wide view of what’s occurring.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 13m 13 minutes ago
I can balance what B12 sources tell me with what my contact at ESPN tells me & filter out the bias using multiple sources.

Everyone is eager to jump to conclusions when the slightest bit of info, accurate or not, props up what they want to believe.

But If you stop & think it’s easy to cut thru the BS.

Some people want to make their reputations arguing with me & I’ve stopped playing that game.

I’m not the story. I’m at the mercy of a at least a dozen sources who are kind enough to share info with me. Why? They trust me.

They trust me not to spin the info to fit my personal agenda. They trust me to help fill in the gaps between legitimate media & social media

I can tell you this prior to the post that will be long & detailed. The NCAA rule requiring 12 schools in 2 divisions will be revoked.

Revocation of that rule has been 5 years in the works. Revocation is supported both by the NCAA & at least 3 of the 5 P5 conf.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 8m 8 minutes ago
The playoff committee is not affiliated with any conf. They do not serve some secrete agenda to conspire against the B12 to force expansion.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 7m 7 minutes ago
The 4 P5 conf with a CCG see the advantage the B12 may have by not having one. They would like to see the B12 have a CCG.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 6m 6 minutes ago
But none of them seek to force the B12 to expand. I will explain why in detail in the post.

In regards to the B1G a source within the BTN confirms that AAU membership is a hard requirement for future expansion.

No school will be considered without being a member of the AAU prior to their application for admission.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 4m 4 minutes ago
The BTN source confirmed if B1G expansion occurs it must be within markets lucrative in both $ & exposure.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 3m 3 minutes ago
a source within the VT athletic department tells me that VT has had absolutely no contact with the B1G & has no interest in the B1G.

The same source tells me that that GT has no interest.

He says that to the best of his knowledge only FSU & UNC would consider leaving for the B1G & that NCST’s SEC desire isn’t a secret.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 11s 11 seconds ago
Tomorrow I will share what I learned. I will not debate or argue what you believe or what you want to happen versus what is happening.

The post tomorrow is based on conversations I had with 7 sources at the NCAA, WVU, the B12, VT, ESPN and others.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 50s 51 seconds ago
It is not my opinion. It is not what I believe is happening or what I want to happen.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 16s 16 seconds ago
You are free to form your own opinion. I can’t change your minds or convince you of what you don’t want to believe.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · now 8 seconds ago
But you should have the facts and a broad view of the factors influencing events & their likely outcomes.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · now 18 seconds ago
I took issue with someone who took statements out of context & tried to say what I had previously shared with about the B12 was wrong

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · now
He said that my sources deliberately face me false information. That offended me.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 31s 32 seconds ago
Mostly because it impugned the character of sources who go out of their way to share info with me.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 26s 27 seconds ago
My sources understand the power of social media & how I help fill in the gap between what journalists can print & what I can share.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 8s 9 seconds ago
His statement also implied I would be naive enough to believe what was told to me without verification.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 18s 18 seconds ago
If you look back - especially over the past 2 years - you will see that what I have shared has tracked closely with events.

Info I shared about why the B12 would not expand was later echoed almost word for word by the B12 & media that covers the Big 12.

Sounds like someone's a little butthurt

Reaction Score
Is there a tl;dr version of the past few days of As the Flug and Dude Twitterworld Turns?

Reaction Score

I mention those not to prop myself up but to vouch for the sources who provided that info.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 41m 41 minutes ago
People who are in the position to know what’s going on don’t give out false info. They just don’t share.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 38m 38 minutes ago
Late in covering FSU & the B12 - perhaps too late - I learned a valuable lesson. I learned which sources can be trusted.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 38m 38 minutes ago
In regards to FSU I did make the mistake of letting what I wanted to happen filter the info I was receiving.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 37m 37 minutes ago
But I learned the lesson. I learned not to dismiss uncomfortable facts from trusted sources in favor of info from others I wanted to hear.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 37m 37 minutes ago
I no longer network with unreliable sources.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 35m 35 minutes ago
I will continue to pass on what I learn from reputable sources and clearly make the distinction between my opinion & what they have told me

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 35m 35 minutes ago
those who have my email address are free to contact me with questions after reading the post tomorrow.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 34m 34 minutes ago
Otherwise I will not discuss the post or debate anyone who disagrees with it.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 34m 34 minutes ago
The revocation of the CCG rule will happen fairly quickly this summer & should be complete this fall.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 33m 33 minutes ago
arguing about the intent of the pending legislation or an outcome will do nothing but cloud the issue.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 29m 29 minutes ago
One spoiler. Expect absolutely no change in P5 configuration. No schools switching. What it is it is with maybe a few additions outside P5.

Reaction Score
Jeremy ‏@1998Grad · 39m39 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV so if the CCg rule is revoked, do you see other conferences canceling? SEC makes a ton of money on their CCG.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 36m36 minutes ago
@1998Grad Only SEC & B12 have ever made money.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11m 11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad Is this another one of your facts Chris. Are you saying the B10 has never made money on the CCG. Check B10 CCG cont

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11m 11 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad ...and that contract will expire in a couple of years...and based on ratings the sucker is going to balloon.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 10m 10 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad I'm just trying to figure out..is this statement you made a "fact",,,or your opinion?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 9m 9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad Also Check ACC sponsor on their CCG...check out their attendence. Only B12 & SEC has made money in CCG? Really?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 9m 9 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad I was going to leave you alone since you pronounce yourself the owner of all facts and no one should question you...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 8m 8 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad ...but within minutes you state obvious BS.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 8m 8 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad ...You just said...from a source...that the B1G would only consider AAU...then same source said FSU would consider...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 7m 7 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad ...a Big Ten invite. Well your source should tell FSU not to bother...right?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad When I said I had a source who was telling me B12 wrestling was expanding..you told me I was wrong..who had facts?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad When I had a source tell me UMD/ACC was about to settle and you told me I was wrong...who had the facts?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5m 5 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @1998Grad On Twitter it's fun to discuss...to argue...to disagree. No one owns the facts. Not me..not you

@theDudeofWV @1998Grad If you want to pontificate without discussions go ahead. I will make sure I won't answer back.

@theDudeofWV @1998Grad But what a boring existence.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 51s 52 seconds ago
Big Ten Football Championship Game: 2010-2016 6 years - $145 million - FOX 24 million a year. Contract will be re-negotiated in new Tier1/2

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23s 24 seconds ago
I'm not sure how anyone can say the Big Ten has never made money on the Big Ten Championship game...especially the ONE who OWNS the facts

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · now 3 seconds ago
But then again I was just told not to question the Zen Master on his statements...so I guess the Big Ten has never made money on CCG

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The dood wouldn't know a what a fact was even if it crawled out of his moonshine still and set fire to the super cool racing car he has in his mom's basement.

Reaction Score
Flug is burying the Dude.
I hope he is, but if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there does it make a sound?
The Dude: 4,918 followers
The Flug: 315 followers

GG

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
I too am one of the 315...I also follow The Dude and MH3. Those 2 are comic relief...

Reaction Score
I too am one of the 315...I also follow The Dude and MH3. Those 2 are comic relief...

Have you noticed that MH..VER3 went into silent running mode December 17, 2014? Not a peep since.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom