Non-Key Tweets | Page 222 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 18s 18 seconds ago
If you look back - especially over the past 2 years - you will see that what I have shared has tracked closely with events.

waitwhat3.jpg

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 25m 25 minutes ago
I was wrong. B12 is doomed. It's over Johnny. Horse n Buggy is staying. Sticking with 12 data points and short stick.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23m 23 minutes ago
I was wrong Flame away. I deserve it. Big 12 wants to stay the way they are...horse n buggy

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 20m 20 minutes ago
Now that we know B12 is having no CCG at 10, if reports are true...B12 won't benefit at all with Dereg. So SEC/ACC/PAC/B1G should push it...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 17m 17 minutes ago
....in the direction that would benefit them the most in the future. Push through Dereg to make it possible to expand using pods.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 15m 15 minutes ago
Some are saying maybe B12 will revisit CCG when Dereg passes...could be right. But for now, if early reports are true, CCG dead. Horse+buggy

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11m 11 minutes ago
Question: B12 has now decided against CCG. What can B12 possibly gain through Deregulation? Except help other conferences gain more edge?

Reaction Score
Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken · 1h1 hour ago
It seems to me any realignment at this point would have to be triggered by somebody poaching the Big 12. Which would cause lots of chaos.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@DanWolken @Expansion_Crush @OmegaSupreme914
Agree.
Next Realignment is Delany taking advantage of B12 structural long term problems

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Whoever cares enough about such things can go find it, but the guy who runs Land Thieves, the OU board, flat-undressed the Dude in a tweet or two today.

Reaction Score
Whoever cares enough about such things can go find it, but the guy who runs Land Thieves, the OU board, flat-undressed the Dude in a tweet or two today.
Please someone find it and bring it here.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12h12 hours ago
Neither UT or OU will ever experience the revenue problems necessary to motivate a move.

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 12h12 hours ago
@theDudeofWV The only reason Oklahoma isn't in the SEC today is the SEC doesnt want to double dip the state. Making hefty assumptions

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12h12 hours ago
@LandThieves I don't think OU ever approached the SEC. OU almost went to the P12 when the Sooners thought the B12 would implode.

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 12h12 hours ago
@theDudeofWV You're mistaken.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11h11 hours ago
@LandThieves I know the only 2 schools the SEC considered as a partner for TAMU were Mizzou & WVU. Impeccable source on that....

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 11h11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I'm just going drop this and walk away http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5319856

@LandThieves Not heard that. But like I said OU is in the B12 because they want to be. Actually supports what I'm saying.

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 11h11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV We're in the Big 12 as a stop gap, only, period. You know the demographics of this league, don't pretend otherwise

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11h 11 hours ago
@LandThieves @theDudeofWV Only good thing going now for B12 is 10slice economics. Won't hold B12 Revs up for long, no growth = death

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11h 11 hours ago
@LandThieves @theDudeofWV I've been telling Chris for 2 years Oklahoma will act on next options. It will take a few years..OU not staying

@LandThieves I'm going to get blasted for this but I think Neb regrets leaving the B12 more than OU does staying.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV @LandThieves
Delusional X 20

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Mr. Lambert is, at current, throwing himself a pity party. He's questioning the purpose of it all...(it all, being college sports). Seriously if anyone lives in the vicinity of Greater Morgantown, could you check up on him?

Flug maybe the only "insight" into conference realignment going forward. On the other hand, Mr. Lambert says he won't post any more, yet continues to post.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 18m 18 minutes ago
I find myself strangely not wanting to post my story on the Big 12 and expansion. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just burned out.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 13m 13 minutes ago
So I'm not going to post anything but I will post summary points here.

The Big 12 will not expand. Maybe not ever. Texas & Oklahoma are not leaving the conference.

Anyone who tells you they have info otherwise is is lying. It's that simple. They are lying.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 12m 12 minutes ago
That's not to say that the conditions that make the Big 12 strong will not change. But according to what I'm hearing they will not.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 12m 12 minutes ago
Fox & ESPN have already guaranteed the Big 12 a huge paycheck for their next TV contract.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 10m 10 minutes ago
That's not my opinion. That's not heresy. That comes from the Big 12 conference.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 10m 10 minutes ago
There are fans of the B1G who will try and lead you to believe the Big 12 is just about to collapse. That too is a lie.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 9m 9 minutes ago
They will tell you many things but the truth. The Big 12 isn't the conference desperate to expand.

They don't understand the forces at play to maintain the status. How the SEC doesn't want the Big 12 or the B1G in their market.

Or that the SEC doesn't want to expand again despite the money to be made.

They wont tell you that Texas doesn't want to be in the B1G or the P12. The same goes for OU.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 7m 7 minutes ago
I've read many scenarios about the Big 12's demise over the last few days with each one more ludicrous than its predecessor.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 6m 6 minutes ago
The Big 12, all ten members, have put the past behind them and are working together for a prosperous future.

As for the CCG.... the Big 12 made the right decision.

If you doubt me or anything I've divulged this is where I remind you I was the only one who said the Big 12 might not adopt a CCG.

That's not to say I have all the pieces of the puzzle. I don't - no one could. But I trust the people I speak to and they trust me.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 46s 46 seconds ago
I also want to say something to the fans of Cincy, UCONN, UCF and USF.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 28s 29 seconds ago
I am a fan of all of your programs. You guys got a raw deal - one you didn't deserve. I wish I could give you good news. I'm always looking.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 32s 32 seconds ago
But the truth is that deregulation of the CCG rule likely means the Big 12 never expends. Unless Fox agrees to seriously overpay.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1m 1 minute ago
That just came to my attention the last few days. I debated about it over and over.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 26s 27 seconds ago
But the Big 12 has decided that if they have the right to play a CCG with 10 - and that will pass easily - then why expand?

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 35s 35 seconds ago
The paycheck will always be greater with 10 than 12.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 58s 59 seconds ago
I hope they change their minds. I wish you only the best.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 30s 30 seconds ago
Anything I've said that has come across as negative about your programs was only meant to present an accurate picture of expansion.

Reaction Score
So now the land of thieves guy is lying after he smoke his boots and those of his impeccable source.

Reaction Score
Change will never occur unless the dynamics that directly impact change, in fact change. That is a FACT.

Gretchen

Civilly Disobedient
Reaction Score
It is difficult to see any of the P5 getting completely sliced up. All are good conferences with solid schools. I would think it is much more likely P5 will expand by taking the cream off the top of various G5’s. Obviously good for UConn, as they will be the first out the door. Beyond perhaps some slight movement between conferences (Kansas to B1G?) almost everyone is fat, happy and rich. Expand the playoff format and life is good.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 43m 43 minutes ago
The Dude of WV made a statement last night to buttress his theory on why the B12 is stable. Chris said the B12 monetizes their 3rd tier...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 42m 42 minutes ago
...rights while other P5 schools do not. Of course this statement is based on either not-knowing the situation in the B12..or trolling...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 41m 41 minutes ago
...or the statement was based on pure and utter delusion. I will use B10 numbers vs B12 numbers for 2012-13. In a couple if weeks will...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 40m 40 minutes ago
...in a couple of weeks will have new numbers being released for 2013-14. I'm using Rights and Licensing numbers because this incorporates..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 39m 39 minutes ago
...each individual schools REV from all Conference based $ and local $ in TV/Radio/Tier1/2/3..from BTN from outside BTN..ect..ect..ect...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 38m 38 minutes ago
You will see the Numbers in the Rights n Licensing will total higher than just BTN + Tier 1/2 money for B1G schools. It because the B1G...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 37m 37 minutes ago
...schools have 3rd tier money coming in from thier own local Coaches Shows and what not. This FACT seems to be missed by many

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 32m 32 minutes ago
1) UT=58.7 mil. 2)MICH=53.9 mil. 3)WIS=48.3 mil 4)Ohio ST=45.7 mil 5)OU=43.3 mil.....and now it's all Big Ten schools. I continue...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 27m 27 minutes ago
6) MINN=40.2 mil. 7)IND=39.7 mil. 8)NEB=39.4 mil 9)MICH ST=38.2 mil. 10)Iowa=37.3 mil. 11)Penn St=35.8 mil 12)Purdue=35.2 mil....now B12...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 25m 25 minutes ago
13) Kansas=34.4 mil. 14)Kansas St=32.2 mil. 15)Iowa St=29.4 Mil. 16)Oklahoma St=29.3 mil. 17) Texas Tech 28.1 mil. Transparency continues

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m 24 minutes ago
And now for the kicker. These B12 numbers include their new Tier 1/2 contract. B10 numbers include Tier1/2 contract signed in 2006. Yep

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23m 23 minutes ago
Not only is the Dude of WV statement on how other P5 conferences don't monetize 3rd tier rights as well as the B12 is complete bunk...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 22m 22 minutes ago
...but the reality is the 3rd tier monetization of the Big ZTen is why it's money is still ahead of a conference like the B12 even with..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 21m 21 minutes ago
...even with an old teir 1/2 contract signed in 2006. This is why 5-6-7 years from now valuable pieces are once again going to leave B12

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 20m 20 minutes ago
For Dude of WV to say B12 monetizes its 3rd tier rights better than others...shows a complete misunderstanding of what is happening.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
@geoffmitchell The B12 has no leverage in thier next Tier1/2 contract negotiations..none. It's going to kill them. Great FB..Great Fan bases

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5m 5 minutes ago
@geoffmitchell ..but horrific Economics which is being hidden to some based on thier slice10 economics.

Reaction Score
Of course Texas will do whatever it wants with its $25 billion endowment and 50 national championships. Is Kansas State with its 0 national championships and under $500 million endowment concerned about instability? I would bet yes.

Reaction Score
Yep. There was an article the past few days in the Des Moines paper that is referenced in an article yesterday on the espn website that Iowa St. would be well served by an expansion of the b12 for a number of reasons. The Texas issue is/has gotten bigger as now that A&M is in the SEC, they are now fighting a perception of being the underling in the state. The hard thing to figure out is if the UT/Ok chain is breakable now. At one point, UT and Ok were joined at the hip, but now it seems a little diluted.

The dude appears to be running when the fire got to hot. However, his spin has always been so pro wv that anyone who actually thinks he knows anything should buy a bridge i have for sale.

Gretchen

Civilly Disobedient
Reaction Score
Of course Texas will do whatever it wants with its $25 billion endowment and 50 national championships. Is Kansas State with its 0 national championships and under $500 million endowment concerned about instability? I would bet yes.
Instability, yes. But Big 12 is greater than the sum of it's parts. Who takes K State? Where does Iowa State land? They do not have the curb appeal for the B1G or SEC. Geo isolated from ACC and PAC. Better to sick together and add a quality program or two, CCG. It's the P5....everyone can't be in the 'best' conference - however 'best ' is defined or measured - subjectively, objectively, other.

Reaction Score
Well, maybe the Big 12 gets hacked up and we can at least start a new conference with the K-States and Iowa States of the world in it. That's better than what we have now.

Reaction Score
Instability, yes. But Big 12 is greater than the sum of it's parts. Who takes K State? Where does Iowa State land? They do not have the curb appeal for the B1G or SEC. Geo isolated from ACC and PAC. Better to sick together and add a quality program or two, CCG. It's the P5....everyone can't be in the 'best' conference - however 'best ' is defined or measured - subjectively, objectively, other.
I agree that for all conferences, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. But in the case of the Big 12, Texas alone probably constitutes a much larger percentage of the whole than any other program in any other conference, if you know what I mean. Therefore those smaller programs should be very worried. Their fates pretty much lie in Texas's hands, which is not good.
So expansion seems necessary in the Big 12 for stability, which I think most people agree on.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No it's not. While it hasn't manifested itself on the field lately, in the board room and in the accounting office, the Big XII is comprised of two guys named Austin and Norman. Everyone else is just along for the ride.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom