Non-Key Tweets | Page 219 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 2h 2 hours ago
Make no mistake..what the SEL COMM has finally drilled into the heads of the B12...makes today the best day UCONN/BYU/CINCY/MEMP/UCF/HOU...

...has had in a long time. I know it all could end in B12 getting a CCG at 10 schools..but there will be even more pressure to add 2...

Landthieves ‏@LandThieves · 2h2 hours ago
Tell BYU we're gonna avoid the Sunday play by letting their olympicss stay in WCC. Grab Cinci in all sports. It'll be fine I assure you.

@LandThieves Very sound proposal.

"@CFBHeather: Bowlsby: "I surmise we will probably move in that direction knowing what we now know." Bowlsby has finally woken up

@MurrDCU Sure...B12 could add only 1 team. But why not add drama and excitement and footprint - 12 schools -2 Divisions - CCG. Let's go!!

I'm just not sure about B12 getting this deregulation passed-CCG at 10 schools. We need to see this proposal in writing..where is it?

@davidubben @dfank_BU Who votes for this deregulation? Is it P5 schools or all D1?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1h 1 hour ago
Bowlsby: 'we are at a disadvantage not having a conference championship game." The light bulb has finally gone on within B12 Leadership

@knightbengal I can't get an answer from any B12 writer/blog. Who votes on deregulation. Simple question but no answer.

@knightbengal If the vote is by total D1 I can see it passing pretty easily..but if it needs to pass P5 it will be a struggle

And let me ask one more question: When has ACC Swofford ever stated he is for eliminating the 12 school limit to stage a CCG?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 59m 59 minutes ago
Swofford has stated he wants Deregulation so each Conf has the ability to choose a method of determining who plays in Conference CCG. But...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 58m 58 minutes ago
...he (Swofford) has never made a public statement in professing to agree with Bowlsby that the "12 team rule" should be eliminated.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16h16 hours ago
I would like to hear what @theDudeofWV has to say about what the SEL COMM said today about the importance of a 13th game. Even Dude had to..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 16h16 hours ago
..to see the light. So what is it? A B12 CCG at 10 teams?...or at 11 or 12?
What say you @theDudeofWV?
No more advoidance of CCG will do.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12h12 hours ago
@flugempire The B12 will expand when & only if it’s profitable to do so.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV So CCG with 10 teams is the future if you get Deregulation passed. BTW who votes on deregulation? I can't get an answer

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Who votes on deregulation? Is it p5 or all of D1?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush Chris you can't just play a 13th game. You cant avoid a CCG. Give up the ghost..it's time.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12h12 hours ago
Today’s news changes nothing for the Big 12. Expansion under the current TV contract destabilizes the conf & will not happen.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV B12 is not going to continue being at disadvantage overall with the SEL COMM. Change is coming for the B12 and thank God for it

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV of course it changes something in B12...you are going to get a CCG at 10 or 11 or 12. I'm not sure why you can't see...

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@geoffmitchell @theDudeofWV @Expansion_Crush There will be change...dude is trying to avoid CCG...I have no idea why. None.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 11h11 hours ago
Just a reminder that WVU’s Oliver Luck was a member of the playoff committee. So what Long told Bowlsby isn’t a surprise to the Big 12.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV So why all this talk from you 2 weeks ago about B12 & ACC not having CCG in the future?

@flugempire Yea. The option not to have a CCG is still there.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11h11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Maybe they won't...but a CCG is coming back. Did you here what Bowlsby said today? I'm not sure you who is giving you info

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 11h 11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @geoffmitchell @Expansion_Crush The B12 does want a CCG now...because they were told 13 games is better than 12. Why is this...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 11h 11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @geoffmitchell @Expansion_Crush ...so hard to understand? I don't get it. B12. Wants one now..it will get one. Period.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 11h 11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV With all due respect Chris you don't get it. B12 now believes they need to get on same playing field with other P5.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 11h 11 hours ago
Bowlsby: "I surmise we will probably move in that direction knowing what we now know." (Big 12 Conference Championship Game)
@theDudeofWV

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV "knowing what we know now"...yep...either Luck told him nothing or Bowlsby is covering his poor leadership.

@flugempire Of course the B12’s stance on a CCG would change when Long tells them it wasn’t just s situational disadvantage.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV Ok...so now you understand. CCG is coming back to the B12. I'm just trying to make sure you understand this point...

@flugempire I explained the B12’s belief prior to today. So what’s your point? Are you saying I was wrong?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 11h 11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV So things have changed right? Because 30 minutes ago you said things have not changed for B12 in regards of today's info.

@flugempire What Bowlsby advises them & what they decide has yet to be determined. I know WVU will vote yes.

@flugempire Didn’t I explain the B12’s belief in regards to a CCG & how that may have changed today?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 11h11 hours ago
@theDudeofWV "Today’s news changes nothing for the Big 12."
I was just correcting you on this statement you had earlier.

@flugempire And I do my very best to draw a distinction between what I’m told & my opinion. My opinion is often wrong.

@flugempire It’s not certain. What is certain is the B12 will NOT expand. That’s not my opinion.

@flugempire Bowlsby must convince UT & OU they would be left out without a CCG.

Reaction Score
This is like watching two elementary school kids on the playground...

"Uh, uh!"
"Uh, huh!"
"Uh, uh!"
"Uh, huh!"
"Uh, uh!"
"Uh, huh!"

Let's see how long they can go on playing with each other!

Reaction Score
Aaron ‏@posas13 · 3h3 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @flugempire @theDudeofWV Could've sworn that B12 was given handshake deal to hold CCG w/ 10 teams during autonomy vote.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @theDudeofWV According to Scott he hasn't even seen the proposal and won't comment on it until he sees it.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Why bang the drum on the CCG? It's done? Big 12 doesn't need 12 to have one....

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 6m 6 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Big 12, ACC & SEC all support it. Absolutely no reason to rethink it.

@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 As a matter of fact I'm so CERTAIN its a bonafide DONE DEAL.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 5m 5 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 I'll stake my reputation on it & delete this account & never tweet again if it's not.

Reaction Score
Aaron ‏@posas13 · 3h3 hours ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @flugempire @theDudeofWV Could've sworn that B12 was given handshake deal to hold CCG w/ 10 teams during autonomy vote.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 @theDudeofWV According to Scott he hasn't even seen the proposal and won't comment on it until he sees it.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Why bang the drum on the CCG? It's done? Big 12 doesn't need 12 to have one....

@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Big 12, ACC & SEC all support it. Absolutely no reason to rethink it.

@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 As a matter of fact I'm so CERTAIN its a bonafide DONE DEAL.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 5m 5 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 I'll stake my reputation on it & delete this account & never tweet again if it's not.

I was all in favor of the Big 12 getting a championship game with ten schools. Then, I read this last tweet.....

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Where is the evidence the SEC supports this proposal which hasn't been written up yet?

theDudeofWV
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 It's not a proposal. It's legislation. You are to smart to make an asinine argument.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 57m57 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Where is the legislation? SEC has not seen it yet. How can they be on board when there is nothing

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 1h 1 hour ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 And read this: http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/07/report-big-12-may-get-title-game-in-16-acc-to-three-divisions/…

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 56m56 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...nship-games-would-change-postseason-structure

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 56m56 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Yes they have.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 55m55 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 The misconception abounding is that the legislation addresses 12 team requirement. It does not.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 55m55 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 No they haven't. Scott has said he has not seen it yet...Delany has not seen it yet.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 55m55 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 It completely & utterly deregulates CCG & how they are determined at the discretion of the conference.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 54m54 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 We don't know what the legislation reads..it hasn't been written yet. All of this slam dunk talk...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 54m54 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 The legislation has PASSED the initial phase & will be voted on this summer.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 53m53 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 ...is from Bowslby. Dodds article was from Bowlsby. Ask Bowslby where the legislation is Chris.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 53m53 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 So if it does pass then will you quit twitter?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 53m53 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Ask Swofford....

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 52m52 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Show me the legislation. Show me

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 52m52 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Stop being stupid. We both know how this game is played and I refuse to play it with you.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 52m52 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 The legislation will be voted on this summer. It has the votes.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 There isn't any reason for me to debate your erroneous position & I refuse to waste my time doing it.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV
· 60m 60 minutes ago
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 But like I said if it doesn't pass I will "retire" forever. Hold me to it.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@flugempire @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Until then the issue is dead.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 59m59 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Again you announce something is dead...I'm just asking you where is this legislation. Where is it?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 58m58 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 You pronounce the Legislation as it already being passed a first stage..I'm asking if true show it

· 1h 1 hour ago
@McMurphyESPN In your opinion what is the chance the ACC-B12 legislation deregulating CCG doesn't pass this year?

· 13m 13 minutes ago
for the record... The legislation deregulating the CCG is an NCAA legislation. Conference commish do not have a say.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 12m 12 minutes ago
A Big 12 source tells me that the entire FBS will vote on the deregulation & it has more than enough to pass.

Reaction Score
If I'm wrong I'll quit the twitter mud!

Beautiful Ones,.jpg

Reaction Score
So is it safe to assume that jostar1 is one of these gentlemen, and if not, why is that drivel being posted here?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Show me the legislation. Show me

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 The Recommendation Comm has to vote on legislation first...then it goes to NCAA council.

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 REC COMM has not voted on it yet..,it hasn't been written yet. 11 members sit on Rec Comm

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Again you announce something is dead...I'm just asking you where is this legislation. Where is it?

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 You pronounce the Legislation as it already being passed a first stage..I'm asking if true show it

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Maybe the Leguslation passes REC COMM...but we need to see it first.

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 I'm not being stupid Chris..I just asking questions. And no I will not quit Twitter if it passes.

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 I'm just asking to see the legislation first. Scott wants to see it..he said it in public.

@theDudeofWV @posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 To call people stupid and to announce it as slam dunk before the sucker as been written up..is...

At the end of the day B12 will not expand because Texas will not allow it to. Small footprint does not hurt UT as much as the others in B12.

It's a conference built on short term gains with no real future. The conference has great FB fan bases but it's built on quick sand.

Not having a CCG at 10 teams will continue to been seen by the SEL COMM as a dodge. A CCG at 10 teams for B12 is best short term outcome...

...for B12..but it does not help them long term. When this deregulation is written up it will be interesting to see if it deregulates...

...everything concerning Conferences choosing it's champion..or if the legislation splits the baby in some capacity.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 57m 57 minutes ago
http://www.ncaa.org/governance/committees/division-i-council-committee-rosters… @theDudeofWV The detegulation has to pass this 11 member board first before it goes to....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 56m 56 minutes ago
http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=1COUNCIL… @theDudeofWV ...before the legislation goes to this 40 member committee. The Deregulation bill will find an easier..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 54m 54 minutes ago
...path through the 40 member panel than the 11 member Rec Comm panel. The 11 member panel has some tricky votes in it...IMO

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 52m 52 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV The vote does not happen through all of FBS. first its the 11 member REC Comm board..then the 40 member NCAA Council

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 51m 51 minutes ago
A 10 member B12 with a CCG >>>> than a 10 member B12 with no CCG. Let's hope next week at B12 meetings they wake up an install CCG

Reaction Score
What happened to the Flug/Dude lovefest from a few weeks ago?

What I see is some of them thar fightin' words.

This is like a twitter cat fight!

Reaction Score
No, jostar1 is just saving the rest of us from having to follow these nitwits. These are "non-key tweets" aka "drivel".
How is jostar1 saving us from following these idiots when I would never be subjected to this bs if it weren't for jostar1? The only reason I would leave the BY is because someone completing lacking any common sense keeps posting what these idiots regurgitate day after day!

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
How is jostar1 saving us from following these idiots when I would never be subjected to this bs if it weren't for jostar1? The only reason I would leave the BY is because someone completing lacking any common sense keeps posting what these idiots regurgitate day after day!

Since that is the purpose of this thread . . .

Reaction Score

The only reason you are subjected to this is you keep clicking on the thread. STOP clicking on the thread. :rolleyes:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I don't think we need your continued participation in the Non-Key Tweet thread.

You do not seem to understand it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

too-damn-high_o_218119.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How is jostar1 saving us from following these idiots when I would never be subjected to this bs if it weren't for jostar1? The only reason I would leave the BY is because someone completing lacking any common sense keeps posting what these idiots regurgitate day after day![/QU
Since that is the purpose of this thread . . .

Even the Michigan guy understands.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 12h 12 hours ago
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12791856/the-good-bad-divisions-college-football… This is a must read!!!

@posas13 @Expansion_Crush @geoffmitchell Jim Delany "We could end up with 20-team conferences and four five-team pods "...

@posas13 @Expansion_Crush @geoffmitchell "I'm open to creativity and deregulation, but I'm not open to just a blank check to reorganize.."

@posas13 @Expansion_Crush @geoffmitchell Maybe Delany supports a 10 team CCG...as long as he gets his "Pod freedom" in the future.

JD 'I'm open to creativity and deregulation, but I'm not open to just a blank check to reorganize the regular season however you choose.'"

I think what Delany is saying in my last tweet is Deregulation is good..he is interested..but no way on something like 2 top rank schools..

...can meet in a CCG disregardless of their respective conference records. There will be no blank check on deregulation. Something has to..

...be written up. So we wait on the exact legislation as it hits the Recomendation Committee later this Summer/Fall.

@posas13 @theDudeofWV and others have been saying their is interest from B12 on taking top 2 ranked schools in Conf and having them in CCG

@posas13 ...disregardless of thier conference records. If you read Delanys statement of today..I think he puts hole in that scenario...IMO

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 11h 11 hours ago
But the most important statement from Jim Delany today was NO BLANK CHECK on Deregulation.

@SpencerLeone @posas13 @Big12Conference True..true..but Delany/Scott some G5 schools and conferences might support if they get something..

@SpencerLeone @posas13 @Big12Conference ...in return. We need to see the official written legislation. It has not been seen at this point

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m 24 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush ..but the deregulation won't be a blank check and we need to see it written up first. Delany mentioned...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23m 23 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush ..yesterday the 20 team - 4 div of 5 teams scenario. I think JD will give B12 their 10 CCG..as long as ..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23m 23 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 @Expansion_Crush ...as long as JD gets his freedom to do his PODS...expansion while keeping regional rivals.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Delany is correct on this. If the top two ranked teams play, it all but guarantees the winner a spot in the playoff based on the nature of polling even by the playoff committee.

No way JD allows the B12 to potentially trump his champ should the B1G CCG have a lower ranked team as the opponent based on tie breakers.

When you have 5 or 6 teams for 4 spots, the last best win will carry the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom