Non-Key Tweets | Page 218 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Local to where?

I love when people use microbrew like it's a style of beer.

You guys missed my attempted joke. This thread had gotten to the point where I thought it needed a good pizza or beer question.

And I'm a scotch/Bud in a can drinker, Boat. I have no idea the proper way to use the term micro-brew:)

Reaction Score
Took some doing, but Scott Gray suggested that when Gov Malloy told Ollie and UConn not to go to the Final Four in Indiana, the B1G was displeased, as it has two schools in Indiana. Comparisons to the BC lawsuit were made.
Well I'm displeased they took RU.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Took some doing, but Scott Gray suggested that when Gov Malloy told Ollie and UConn not to go to the Final Four in Indiana, the B1G was displeased, as it has two schools in Indiana. Comparisons to the BC lawsuit were made.
Hmmn, I don't buy that, but Malloy is an idiot.

Reaction Score
If UConn gets a hockey only B1G invite they have to take it. Do we really wanna piss them off?
I doubt we get an invite and unless it was a prelude to a total Big invite I doubt we'd take it. Why give up local rivalries in the best hockey league in the country, in a bus league at that, where every team but 1 is less 4 hours away or less, Often much less, for a less attractive slate requiring far more travel? If it came with a guarantee of a full membership in a few years, ok. Otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever.

Reaction Score
I doubt we get an invite and unless it was a prelude to a total Big invite I doubt we'd take it. Why give up local rivalries in the best hockey league in the country, in a bus league at that, where every team but 1 is less 4 hours away or less, Often much less, for a less attractive slate requiring far more travel? If it came with a guarantee of a full membership in a few years, ok. Otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't know that it would have to come with a guarantee of full membership, but it would probably need more than just hockey.

Reaction Score
HuskyHawk said:

Either Gray is the most plugged in guy in Connecticut or he's one delusional sob.

Either way it takes a certain kind of troll csnbbs to dig up an article from today's west Hartford press. I applaud that guys dedication. Typically he just steals from here.

Reaction Score
It's always something that's going to knock us out of an invite. It gets tiring.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's one h3ll of a leap. The presidents from IU and Purdue have to ask themselves if it was such a good law, why did they amend it almost immediately?

Reaction Score
Either Gray is the most plugged in guy in Connecticut or he's one delusional sob.

Either way it takes a certain kind of troll csnbbs to dig up an article from today's west Hartford press. I applaud that guys dedication. Typically he just steals from here.
Scott Gray is the absolute LAST person on earth I would listen to regarding UCONN and CR!!

Reaction Score

Someone remind me of the theory of being damaged by thge BC lawsuit are? Something like BC was so morally outraged by the lawsuit that they'd never, never agree to anything that caused us to play them in football. But not so morally outraged that they wouldn't beg to play us in men's and women's hoops? And not so morally outraged that they wouldn't continue to play us in baseball, soccer and other non-revenue sports?

I clearly don't understand what the world "outrage" means. It must be a synonym for either "self-interest" or "fear."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

When I was working at some radio stations in the mid 90s I spent a good anount of time in the Whaler's press box. It's the second option on Gray.

On the rare occasion I hear him now, it's shocking to me that he still has that job. It's like the whole world but him evolved and he's still in 1987.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
When I was working at some radio stations in the mid 90s I spent a good anount of time in the Whaler's press box. It's the second option on Gray.

On the rare occasion I hear him now, it's shocking to me that he still has that job. It's like the whole world but him evolved and he's still in 1987.
I thought he retired from the WTIC gig? He might write a sports column for the imprint newspapers. (West Hartford News, et al).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought he retired from the WTIC gig? He might write a sports column for the imprint newspapers. (West Hartford News, et al).

Recently? It wasn't that long ago the last time I heard one of his pieces on the radio. I happened to hear the Big 10 one. And something about Father's Day and Little League - so maybe a year ago?

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 5h 5 hours ago
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/101023/sec-commish-select-sankey-talks-playoff-freshman-eligibility-and-more… SEC new Commish wants to keep playoffs at 4 teams and wants to protect Conference Championship Games.

As I have told @theDudeofWV and many others the B12 will go back to having a CCG...ACC/B10/SEC/PAC will not get rid of thier CCG.

The question is does the B12 get their CCG at 10 teams. We will need to see how the proposal is written up..but it hasn't been at this point

Scott & Delany have not seen the written proposal to deregulate CCG to the point where 10 team Conf can have CCG. Why haven't they seen it?

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 24m 24 minutes ago
Finally the B12 has figured out what I've been telling them for 24 months. 13-0 >> 12-0 12-1 >> 11-1 B12 needs a CCG. B12 will get a CCG

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 23m 23 minutes ago
Now the question is...can the B12 get a CCG at 10 or 11 schools? Can the B12 get their deregulation proposal passed? We need to see proposal

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 22m 22 minutes ago
But anymore talk of the B12 avoiding a CCG is pure insanity. The SEL COMM just told them AGAIN today a 13th game needed to gain most value

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 20m 20 minutes ago
I don't think the B12 wants a CCG within a Round-Robin schedule. I think a B12 expansion is coming...unless OU/UT have eyes on exit.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 20m 20 minutes ago
But either way the B12 current roster will change and their will be at least another chair at the P5 table.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 19m 19 minutes ago
The Horse n Buggy B12 is close to getting a Volkswagen. It's about time. Even Bowlsby can't shut out progress.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 18m 18 minutes ago
I think the B12 ends up with UCF and BYU. But Cincy has a great story to tell. But there is no way B12 at 10 with no CCG is staying.

Reaction Score
That's one h3ll of a leap. The presidents from IU and Purdue have to ask themselves if it was such a good law, why did they amend it almost immediately?
Yes, just about everyone agrees the law was bad & the Indiana legislature amended the law. But for Malloy to go on Hardball & call Gov. Pence a bigot was beyond stupid. I think Gray should spend his time at the dog track instead of writing columns. However, I would think the B1G was not happy with Malloy's grandstanding & Ollie not attending the final four. If UCONN was in the final four, do you think Malloy would have issued the order for state employees not to travel to Indiana? To me, Malloy placed political opportunism first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom