Non-Key Tweets | Page 217 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Getting a hockey only invite is a raw goddamned deal.

It's a demonstration that the B1G is not at all serious about actually having us as a league partner of any kind. It's a gigantic slap in the face, UNLESS it comes with a commitment that the league will be taking us in as full members by such and such a date, and/or making commitments to play us out of league in football and basketball.

Moreover it's a move that makes no sense for them anyhow.

My guess is that negotiation is not part of your day job requirements.

Reaction Score
Getting a hockey only invite is a raw goddamned deal.

It's a demonstration that the B1G is not at all serious about actually having us as a league partner of any kind. It's a gigantic slap in the face, UNLESS it comes with a commitment that the league will be taking us in as full members by such and such a date, and/or making commitments to play us out of league in football and basketball.

Moreover it's a move that makes no sense for them anyhow.
Inviting us to the hockey league is a sign they don't want us in the league at all? K...

Reaction Score
I was interested to see if there was any excitement surrounding Navy's fan base. Found this interesting post about how the Army-Navy game is scheduled after conference championship games. Interesting. It also goes onto some MWC and Air Force discussion. And the value of the Army-Navy game to The American in terms of TV deals.

http://thebirddogblog.com/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's a new one. Don't know anything about them so file it under non-key

Reaction Score
Well, I sure hope we're one of those six. I'd imagine that Cincinnati, UCF, ECU, BYU, Memphis, Boise St., and Houston would be the only other remotely realistic contenders.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
6 affliate rassling teams
We're ready Pa!
010215_Donna_Douglas_01-XL.jpg

Reaction Score
affiliate ugh. I swear I'm a better speller than my last few posts.
Boat never admit to the spelling error.
You were actually just setting up Samoo's witty reply.
A brilliant post on your part.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
From ASU Media Relations to my ASU HCKY question

" We won’t have an announcement for a while. We’re currently talking to conferences.."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
@pfh1964 Favorites to become #8..if ASU is 7th
1. Duluth
2. Omaha
3. Colorado College.
4. UCONN
5. Denver
6. North Dakota

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 25m25 minutes ago
@pfh1964 I think most teams would balk at any talk of joining a conference of B1G HCKY...it's just too different..COA's...different circles

Paul Hornstein
‏@pfh1964
@flugempire I know. That's why UCONN and partner make sense to me, but I'm not behind the scenes.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 26m26 minutes ago
@pfh1964 Minnesota Duluth is the chalk (favorite) on who becomes the 8th school if an 8th is needed. But UCONN is also a candidate

Reaction Score
Enough already. ASU is not joining B1G Hockey, and the B1G is NOT inviting UCONN partial anything.

Reaction Score
Enough already. ASU is not joining B1G Hockey, and the B1G is NOT inviting UCONN partial anything.

I don't think you're getting the whole "Non-Key Tweets" thing! Maybe only follow it if you're drinking perhaps? Then maybe it won't come across as real, you know, just crap being thrown at a wall.

Reaction Score
I don't think you're getting the whole "Non-Key Tweets" thing! Maybe only follow it if you're drinking perhaps? Then maybe it won't come across as real, you know, just crap being thrown at a wall.
Undershtoood.
Sooooo, by that reasoning, the entire CR board is only to be taken in with a few shots of Jager?

Reaction Score
DULUTH is the first choice??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA that's hilarious.

Colorado College ahead of Denver? This guy can't be serious.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 50m 50 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 ...what Associate Commish Keppel (B1G) said about why ASU should think about joining B1G HCKY...she said ASU..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 51m 51 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 ...should think about joining like-minded insututions. So if you reverse Keppels statements and come from it at..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 50m 50 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 ...the point of view in B1G eyes (like minded insitutions ) for team #8 (if ASU is 7) it becomes most difficult.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 49m 49 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 Denver has a long history with Gophers/Bsdgers (WCHA). They also have a good following. But they are private.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 47m 47 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 And I'm not sure these hockey "first & last" schools want to join a Football first hockey league for many reasons

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 46m 46 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 So if ASU decides to enter the B1G HCKY league (b/c of PACN/BTN combo) the candidates for 8 are extremely limited

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 45m 45 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 Minnesota Duluth/Omaha have to be the chalks for team 8 because they are in NEB/MIN state systems. They both..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 44m 44 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 ...have very good fan bases..and they can be gotten (especially UMD Bulldogs) UCONN & Notre Dame are the only 2..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 43m 43 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 ...schools available that have d1 football (athletic departments over 60 mil in Rev) that have D1 supported HCKY

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 42m 42 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 So I, and others, look at NCHC trying to get ASU/ND for 9-10. And B1G trying to get ASU/Omaha/Duluth/UCONN.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 41m 41 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 Will see who gets ASU...and then dominoes will fall in the world of college hockey

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 32m 32 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 But what I find most interesting is: NCHC has to be talking with schools(ND) about becoming 10 if ASU joins NCHC..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 31m 31 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 ..and B1G has to be talking with schools RIGHT NOW to become 8 if ASU joins B1G HCKY. So I do see a few NDA..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 30m 30 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @pfh1964 NDA (Non Disclosure Agreements) floating around some AD offices for the next 30-60 days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom