Non-Key Tweets | Page 205 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 14m 14 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon No I don’t. That actually isn’t accurate. I said the ACC was considering the possibility.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 13m 13 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon what I try to do is manage expectations in this type of situation when I know the odds are against the event occurring.

@Kizzlethadon Especially when the action is purely theoretical at this point.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 12m 12 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon What I know for certain is that the ACC has revenue problems. That ESPN has yet to pull the trigger on the ACCCN.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 11m 11 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon And the ACC is examining the value that could be added to the ACCN with another addition.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 10m 10 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon I also know UCONN has serious obstacles to overcome namely their football program.

@Kizzlethadon so it would not be right for me to say the ACC is looking at UCONN without telling the whole story.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 8m 8 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon I’m sorry these issues are complicated. History has shown that relocation is fragile. Deals are temp until the presser.

@Kizzlethadon especially with a conf so divided between football & hoops like the ACC.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 7m 7 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon my opinion is the ACC only makes this move if it means the ACCN is a go or….

@Kizzlethadon They (the ACC) fears losing more schools to the B1G.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 6m 6 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon it’s all money driven. It’s about profit or loss. Not charity towards a school.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 4m 4 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon It’s all about identifying the inciting event.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 3m 3 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon Without that event, ACCN or B1G poaching, the ACC has no incentive. But nothing to lose in talking either.

Reaction Score
Sammy Albano ‏@SammyAlbano · 3h3 hours ago
So @uconnhuskies calling @BIGEAST presidents 4 an audience bout membership in #BigEast #AmericanAthleticConference @KevinMcNamara33

Kevin McNamara ‏@KevinMcNamara33 · 3h3 hours ago
@SammyAlbano @uconnhuskies According to????

@KevinMcNamara33 @uconnhuskies Reliable sources

Kevin McNamara
‏@KevinMcNamara33
@SammyAlbano @uconnhuskies Would be Major shock at this stage

Sammy Albano ‏@SammyAlbano · 2h2 hours ago
@KevinMcNamara33 @uconnhuskies Interesting

Sammy Albano
@SammyAlbano
Former Editor for CBS News,former Executive Producer of Inside The BIG EAST+Principal Maven Media Group

Kevin McNamara
@KevinMcNamara33
Cover college basketball, Celtics, Red Sox and more for the Providence Journal.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 14m 14 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon No I don’t. That actually isn’t accurate. I said the ACC was considering the possibility.

@Kizzlethadon what I try to do is manage expectations in this type of situation when I know the odds are against the event occurring.

@Kizzlethadon Especially when the action is purely theoretical at this point.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 12m 12 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon What I know for certain is that the ACC has revenue problems. That ESPN has yet to pull the trigger on the ACCCN.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 11m 11 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon And the ACC is examining the value that could be added to the ACCN with another addition.

@Kizzlethadon I also know UCONN has serious obstacles to overcome namely their football program.

@Kizzlethadon so it would not be right for me to say the ACC is looking at UCONN without telling the whole story.

@Kizzlethadon I’m sorry these issues are complicated. History has shown that relocation is fragile. Deals are temp until the presser.

@Kizzlethadon especially with a conf so divided between football & hoops like the ACC.

@Kizzlethadon my opinion is the ACC only makes this move if it means the ACCN is a go or….

@Kizzlethadon They (the ACC) fears losing more schools to the B1G.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 6m 6 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon it’s all money driven. It’s about profit or loss. Not charity towards a school.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 4m 4 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon It’s all about identifying the inciting event.

Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 3m 3 minutes ago
@Kizzlethadon Without that event, ACCN or B1G poaching, the ACC has no incentive. But nothing to lose in talking either.
So @uconnhuskies calling @BIGEAST presidents 4 an audience bout membership in #BigEast #AmericanAthleticConference @KevinMcNamara33

Kevin McNamara ‏@KevinMcNamara33 · 3h3 hours ago
@SammyAlbano @uconnhuskies According to????

@KevinMcNamara33 @uconnhuskies Reliable sources

Kevin McNamara
‏@KevinMcNamara33
@SammyAlbano @uconnhuskies Would be Major shock at this stage

Sammy Albano ‏@SammyAlbano · 2h2 hours ago
@KevinMcNamara33 @uconnhuskies Interesting

Sammy Albano
@SammyAlbano
Former Editor for CBS News,former Executive Producer of Inside The BIG EAST+Principal Maven Media Group

Kevin McNamara
@KevinMcNamara33
Cover college basketball, Celtics, Red Sox and more for the Providence Journal.
If I'm reading the first Albano line correctly, UConn is approaching the Big East about joint membership in both the Big East & AAC. Rubbish. Sounds like something that Capt. Lou Albano would spout before a WWE Extravaganza. Are Vince & Linda McMahon pulling the strings behind the scenes?

Reaction Score
Honestly...unless we are 100% sure a B1G/ACC invite is coming soon (or even if we know there is one 3-5 years down the road) I'm all for putting basketball back in the BE and leaving football in the AAC until that invite is in hand. Our basketball can't stay here much longer. Even if it's a temporary move for a couple of years until we get that invite.

Reaction Score
If I'm reading the first Albano line correctly, UConn is approaching the Big East about joint membership in both the Big East & AAC. Rubbish. Sounds like something that Capt. Lou Albano would spout before a WWE Extravaganza. Are Vince & Linda McMahon pulling the strings behind the scenes?

Um, we are members of the BE. I imagine we talk to them on occasion about league matters that involve our teams.

Reaction Score

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Honestly...unless we are 100% sure a B1G/ACC invite is coming soon (or even if we know there is one 3-5 years down the road) I'm all for putting basketball back in the BE and leaving football in the AAC until that invite is in hand. Our basketball can't stay here much longer. Even if it's a temporary move for a couple of years until we get that invite.
If you are really honest with yourself, the new BE is only slightly better than our current situation and probably not worth the effort. They've been gutted of every team that ever amounted to anything in that league.

Reaction Score

This could have to do with the rumored jump of UConn's Men's Lax team to D1 in 2018, which may require New Big E membership as the American does not sponsor lacrosse. UConn's women's team already plays in the New Big East and unless an invite to the B1G and/or ACC are pending, it's a logical fit. For 1 sport like this, I have no issue with UConn going to the Big E. Downgrading football is DOA.

Reaction Score
CTMike said:
If you are really honest with yourself, the new BE is only slightly better than our current situation and probably not worth the effort. They've been gutted of every team that ever amounted to anything in that league.

I agree, but I'd still rather be playing the likes of 'Nova, PC, Xavier, Butler, Marquette, Georgetown, St. John's and have the tourney in MSG instead of Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, etc. While the BE may not be much better on the court at least we have some history with a lot of the remaining teams and they are bigger "names" on the schedule which to me in more exciting. Outside of SMU, Cincy and maybe Memphis I'm not excited about any of these AAC teams.

Like I said, it's not my first choice but if we were able to park basketball there for a couple of years and keep football in the AAC so it's not downgraded while we wait for an invite that hopefully comes in a few years I'd much rather do that then keep all sports in the AAC except for hockey and lacrosse (apparently).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that the AAC would let us go football only there.
They would not. The AAC schools are probably thrilled to have us for most sports, football aint one of them.

Reaction Score
Supposedly the new 'master plan' actually is a master plan and intends to be more thoughtful about siting buildings, unify architecture, and giving weight to pedestrian and automobile flow. That said, regardless of how thorough and thoughtful the document is, and they all purport to be, in the end there needs to be a willingness to follow it. That's pretty much always the fly in the ointment.

If memory serves, early drafts of UConn 2000 had two parking garages were targeted - one where the North Garage is across from MSB and second in S lot next to EO Smith HS. That garage, South, was intended to be used not just for University parking; but, also for event parking, especially for VIP's, at the adjacent hotel (old Nathan Hale Inn), which was supposed to be bigger than the one built, and Rome Commons in New South, which was looked at like mini-convention hall for UConn. I believe that Mansfield did not like that idea and pushed back and this South Garage became Central Garage and was instead aimed at VIP parking for basketball games at Gampel, public parking for the new Co-Op, and Business School events.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree, but I'd still rather be playing the likes of 'Nova, PC, Xavier, Butler, Marquette, Georgetown, St. John's and have the tourney in MSG instead of Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, etc. While the BE may not be much better on the court at least we have some history with a lot of the remaining teams and they are bigger "names" on the schedule which to me in more exciting. Outside of SMU, Cincy and maybe Memphis I'm not excited about any of these AAC teams.

Like I said, it's not my first choice but if we were able to park basketball there for a couple of years and keep football in the AAC so it's not downgraded while we wait for an invite that hopefully comes in a few years I'd much rather do that then keep all sports in the AAC except for hockey and lacrosse (apparently).

I hate being in the American, but let's please not pick the worst of the AAC to compare to the best of the BE?
If you said: Memphis, Temple, SMU, Cinci and Houston...suddenly that's a list with some basketball history and bona fides. The league gets less respect than it deserves and is terrible at the bottom, but isn't all that far behind the BE in terms of what it should be in an average year. Last year the BE was better than it usually will be, and AAC worse.

Reaction Score
HuskyHawk said:
I hate being in the American, but let's please not pick the worst of the AAC to compare to the best of the BE? If you said: Memphis, Temple, SMU, Cinci and Houston...suddenly that's a list with some basketball history and bona fides. The league gets less respect than it deserves and is terrible at the bottom, but isn't all that far behind the BE in terms of what it should be in an average year. Last year the BE was better than it usually will be, and AAC worse.

I agree, however I'd rather play 'Nova, Georgetown, Xavier, Butler, St. John's and PC over Cincy, Temple, Memphis, and SMU. It's just a personal preference. Outside of Cincy I'm not that interested in seeing Temple, SMU, etc come into town. I am interested in seeing those BE teams though.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire checked about those old UCONN rumors months ago. UCONN denied them.

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@theDudeofWV I saw something about M/LAX being created for D1 on Twitter...moving to Big East LAX. Just wondering if it's true

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire They denied several months ago.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV They denied about Men's Lacrosse? You asked about Men's Lacrosse? Men's lacrosse moving to D1/BE is what we're talking about

TheBasketBallOpinion ‏@BasketballOP · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV someone might want to tell @SammyAlbano that.

Sammy Albano ‏@SammyAlbano · 1h1 hour ago
@BasketballOP @flugempire @theDudeofWV a couple real brite dudes like @uconnhuskies gonna fess up 2 it!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@SammyAlbano @BasketballOP @theDudeofWV @uconnhuskies I agree...they wouldn't. If this is true M/LAX to Big East LAX-great news for UCONN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
If someone can provide me a link to a story of UCONN M/LAX to the Big East I would be most thankful.
IF TRUE...it's BIG news!

@azescobar1 · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire - http://csnbbs.com/thread-734723.html … - why big news?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@azescobar1 Thanks for link. I guess it's not official. Let me know if/when it does. Because if it does become true it tells a story.

AZ ‏@azescobar1 · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire - you think it shows potential of UConn to Big East in other sports (basketball) or are there some B1G implications? Football?

Greg Flugaur
‏@flugempire
@azescobar1 I think the implications are very positive for UCONN if the story is true that they moving to D1 in M/LAX/BE. Creating value

Greg Flugaur @flugempire
· 2h 2 hours ago
@azescobar1 We should wait to see if story is true...maybe it's not. But if true there is much to talk about...again. LAX is upward in value

Reaction Score
Can we start a poll: more likely to lead to Big 10 invitation for UCONN?
- Uconn's hockey team being the travel partner for Arizona states hockey team.
- Lacrosse team joining the Big East.

At least these guys are entertaining.

Reaction Score
It's fascinating to watch the Twitter folks build these sand castles.
The true fascination is the tenants these sand castles attract.
Well at least we don't have to pay rent or even keep them clean.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 56m56 minutes ago
Jim Delany described Penn St "as the bridge to the East"...and now he describes Maryland as the next bridge.
These are Mr. Delany's words.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 38m38 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 Yep. For Delany...for now it's all about the East Coast. Fox shares the vision.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 22m22 minutes ago
@posas13 @OmegaSupreme914 Delany said we looked at contiguous states FIRST..(not only)
JD said AAU schools FIRST (not only)

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 59m 59 minutes ago
There will be a total of 25 Lacrosse games on the BTN this year...M/W. B1G Championship will be held in Maryland. Go ask any Terp Lacrosse..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 58m 58 minutes ago
...fan what they think about the BTN coverage of Lacrosse vs whst they had with regional/local ACC coverage. Go ahead..don't be afraid

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 55m 55 minutes ago
Any time you put live content on BTN it brings in a level of AD BUY that a BTN talk show or re-run of Sports Classic game can't get.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 53m 53 minutes ago
Live content is king...KING....especially when you own 49% of the delivering system. All you need during a Lacrosse live event on BTN is...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 53m 53 minutes ago
.....35,000-50,000 TV viewers across the east coast (to begin with) and you have increased value on BTN. That's all it takes. Time slots...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 52m 52 minutes ago
...are still open on BTN....on Fox Family of Sports. We talk...I talk about the horrific demographis of CT in pertaining to FB...however...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 51m 51 minutes ago
...in Lacrosse CT gives value to Maryland/John Hopkins/Rutgers in M/W LAX. So if it ever comes true UCIN adds M/LAX for BE before 2019..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 50m 50 minutes ago
...hell yeah it's a big story. It's something..an event you expect to happen if Uconn to B1G in 2019/2020 were to happen.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 49m 49 minutes ago
Let's see if this story becomes true. If yes...we have lots to talk about. If not true at this time...keep an eye out for UCONN increasing..

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 48m 48 minutes ago
...it's bandwidth of sports...to make it easier for the Huskys to cross the " Maryland Bridge"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom