Non-Key Tweets | Page 204 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So from NDA to invite was 5 weeks for Maryland and 6 weeks for Rutgers. If I interpret Skibbies post correctly and there is a current NDA...are we a month and half from a UConn invite?!

Or do both the Dude and the Flug read the Boneyard and what we are reading is our own echo?

Reaction Score
So from NDA to invite was 5 weeks for Maryland and 6 weeks for Rutgers. If I interpret Skibbies post correctly and there is a current NDA...are we a month and half from a UConn invite?!

Or do both the Dude and the Flug read the Boneyard and what we are reading is our own echo?

So this means UConn is now in the "40 days and 40 Nights" portion of conference reallignment...the light is ahead of us and PP (Pontius Pilate or Paul Pasqualini) will be in our rear view mirror soon. UConn surely has suffered the most in this Conference Reallignment.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into what happened w/ Rutgers and Maryland regarding NDA's and timing. Very different situation.

UConn has suffered the most in realignment and I sincerely hope the nightmare ends soon in a B1G way.

Reaction Score
What's the ACC talk on Twitter? Is it more than the Dude crap or is it something legit?

Reaction Score
What's the ACC talk on Twitter? Is it more than the Dude crap or is it something legit?
there's a whole thread about it on the csnbbs board. basically there's a rumor that the acc would expand to 15 teams and have 3 divisions or something, and if they did that uconn would be on their short list.

doesn't make much sense to me, but it's an entertaining read

Reaction Score

It has definitely happened before where there is some bogus story on here and 20 minutes ;) later the Dude posts "breaking news from one of his sources." The Boneyard is definitely on his bibliography of bullspit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's an interesting thread, again, we've all heard it before and we've become almost ambivalent to it.

Reaction Score
That statement was made as justification of the project for environmental permitting. There is no intent to make the tech park the front door to campus. Many will but that's not the idea.

If there isn't now, there certainly was before (i.e., before the Tech Park was approved) - that's why the Lodewick Visitors Center was placed where it is.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn9604 said:
If there isn't now, there certainly was before (i.e., before the Tech Park was approved) - that's why the Lodewick Visitors Center was placed where it is.

You'd be surprised how buildings get placed on campus. Logic isn't exactly at the top of the list. More like a Yankee swap/secret Santa situation.

How else would you explain two parking garages in the center of a campus with a bad history of people getting run over or prominently placed loading docks and dumpsters. Nothing says bucolic campus postcard like the back of a building.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You'd be surprised how buildings get placed on campus. Logic isn't exactly at the top of the list. More like a Yankee swap/secret Santa situation.

How else would you explain two parking garages in the center of a campus with a bad history of people getting run over or prominently placed loading docks and dumpsters. Nothing says bucolic campus postcard like the back of a building.
Supposedly the new 'master plan' actually is a master plan and intends to be more thoughtful about siting buildings, unify architecture, and giving weight to pedestrian and automobile flow. That said, regardless of how thorough and thoughtful the document is, and they all purport to be, in the end there needs to be a willingness to follow it. That's pretty much always the fly in the ointment.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CL82 said:
Supposedly the new 'master plan' actually is a master plan and intends to be more thoughtful about siting buildings, unify architecture, and giving weight to pedestrian and automobile flow. That said, regardless of how thorough and thoughtful the document is, and they all purport to be, in the end there needs to be a willingness to follow it. That's pretty much always the fly in the ointment.

Truth is they need to teardown or completely renovate a lot of the core buildings. Ban through traffic on N. Eagleville create a few more pedestrian and service routes. Push parking facilities to the outskirts of campus (North Hillside, E.O. Smith, South garage is workable from Alumni Rd.)

There a lot of old sins to correct to make it work as anything other than a patchwork campus.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 7m 7 minutes ago
Been asked what scenario would need to happen for Uconn to join the Big Ten before 2019-20. I don't think there is a scenario....

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 7m 7 minutes ago
...I have passed this question along and was answered back 3 potential scenarios which all requires miracle. 1) Missouri and B1G have...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 6m 6 minutes ago
...have/find mutual interest. 2) Vanderbilt decides to leave SEC to Bug Ten. Neither of these 2 scenarios are viable. The 3rd scenario...

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4m 4 minutes ago
...is an out of the box scenario in which Big Ten invites a Service Acedemy for FB only as 16 (throwing possible future LAX/HCKY) (NAVY)

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 3m 3 minutes ago
The 3 scenarios of Uconn/MIzzou...Uconn/Vandy....Uconn/Navy are not in the cards (although told Uconn/Navy chances are best out of the 3)

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1m 1 minute ago
No one who I have talked with believes 3/15 div formation of the Big Ten has any future....however 10-15yrs from now 4/20 will have legs

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 35s 35 seconds ago
Uconn is thought highly by the Big Ten. But the timing of inclusion is all wrong for 2016/17 from the Big Ten perspective.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1m 1 minute ago
@uconndennis From a Big Ten Teir 1/2 negotiations perspective the timing is wrong. For BTN added value content in 19/20..timing perfect

Reaction Score
When Flug says, "I've passed this question along..." I always wonder if it's using a Magic Eight Ball or Ouiji. Prefer Runes and Tarot myself...

Reaction Score
When Flug started wasn't he just a Minnesota fan who was curious about UConn's B1G chances? Now he's a full blown CR-ackpot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom