New Bowl Projection | Page 8 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Illinois and Minnesota both losing well into the 3rd quarter of their games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Indiana make 8 B1G bowl eligible teams. Unless Minn or Ill mounts a late comeback, that's were they'll be. The Big get 2 NY6 minimum, the playoff and the Rose. The question will be the at larges. The Peach will pick a huge travelling program to play the AAC/G5 rep. That could be ND or Ohio St. Since no SEC team other than Alabama will get a NY6 at large and no Pac12 teams or ACC teams will get an at large, the choices come down to ND and either Ohio St, Okst or TCU. My bet is Ohio St, unless there is some committee backlash against 3 B1G teams, which there will probably be.

That means from above list there will be at least one B1G opening, maybe two, and one ACC opening. I don't think either will let the Pinstripe out of their conference. Unless the Yankees want us or we are going to be in the B1G soon enough.

Reaction Score
It's looking like there will be 4 or 5 teams with 5-7 record bowling as it stands now. Not exactly sure what the APR ranks actually are, despite what's been posted, but I'm fairly certain Nebraska and Vandy are at the top of it among the 5-7 teams. Here's the pool of 5 win teams:

Nebraska
Minnesota
Illinois
Texas
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy
ECU
FIU
ODU
Rice
UTEP
Buffalo
SJSU
La Lafayette
NMSU
Texas St

Reaction Score
It's looking like there will be 4 or 5 teams with 5-7 record bowling as it stands now. Not exactly sure what the APR ranks actually are, despite what's been posted, but I'm fairly certain Nebraska and Vandy are at the top of it among the 5-7 teams. Here's the pool of 5 win teams:

Nebraska
Texas
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy
ECU
FIU
ODU
Rice
UTEP
Buffalo
SJSU
La Lafayette
NMSU
Texas St
It will be interesting to see if the NCAA gives the thumb up to letting 5 win teams into bowl games

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The B12 has 6 eligible teams and two will get NY6 slots, The playoff and the Sugar as a contract. They also have a shot at a third team getting an at-large to the Fiesta depending on the final rankings. The have 6 non-NY6 bowl slots. They will have at least two if not three open.

I think the phone lines will be burning red hot as conferences, bowls, and TV people grease each other trying to match up some interesting games. The lower bowls are going to get some low level G5 and 5-7 APR stinkers.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Everybody after Vandy has no chance. I'm sure that the NCAA will rule that the school must be a P5 member to get to a bowl with 5 wins.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if the NCAA gives the thumb up to letting 5 win teams into bowl games

What else can they do? Cancel
the games?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
What else can they do? Cancel
the games?

They will decide the pool of 5-7 eligible teams and they let the bowls sort it out. Since every 6-6 team will be guaranteed a bid, the P5 bowls will fill their open spots with their own 5-7 teams. It really can't happen any other way. No way a P5 team get put into the modern equivalent of the International Bowl when one of their bowl partners has a spot for their travelling fan base.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They will decide the pool of 5-7 eligible teams and they let the bowls sort it out. Since every 6-6 team will be guaranteed a bid, the P5 bowls will fill their open spots with their own 5-7 teams. It really can't happen any other way. No way a P5 team get put into the modern equivalent of the International Bowl when one of their bowl partners has a spot for their travelling fan base.

I wouldn't expect them to. But we'll see if APR really is a determining factor as to which 5-7 schools get picked.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If APR is really used as the metric for 5-7 teams, I'll eat my shoes. Aside from UConn, no team on Earth is ever penalized by that stupid requirement.

I'm with Sub - P5 schools will be allowed to fill their tie-ins with 5-7 teams from their conference first. After that, I'm sure the NCAA won't tell bowl games that they have to invite schools with no fans to buy their tickets because of APR. Bowls will select at-large style based on expected ticket sales.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know this is a pipe dream but when a bunch of 5-7 teams are now filling bowls because there aren't enough 6 win teams, it's time to cut off the bowl games and reduce the number. This is such a joke.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If APR is really used as the metric for 5-7 teams, I'll eat my shoes. Aside from UConn, no team on Earth is ever penalized by that stupid requirement.

I'm with Sub - P5 schools will be allowed to fill their tie-ins with 5-7 teams from their conference first. After that, I'm sure the NCAA won't tell bowl games that they have to invite schools with no fans to buy their tickets because of APR. Bowls will select at-large style based on expected ticket sales.
What's going to be a huge problem is HOW a 6-6 school without a home gets a bowl slot. Every bowl with a P5 affiliation will take a 5-7 P5 school in a heartbeat if you let them and leave the 6-6 schools at the altar. What is the selection decision criteria? Personally I'd force the bowl with the highest payouts to take the 6-6 schools first.

Reaction Score
Bowls will probably be like "Bob are at least gonna try to run an offense?" before inviting us

Reaction Score
CBS has us playing against NC State in the PINSTRIPE BOWL

Funny, but I see they have us vs Arizona in the Cure Bowl. It's Syracuse vs Minnesota in the Pinstripe. Are we looking at different versions of the CBS site?

Reaction Score
I really hope Pinstripe happens. Still a long shot, but possible. However, If we do go to a Florida bowl, it would be great if we are matched up against a P12 team as mentioned above. I'm just happy we are bowling!!

As for 5-7's, there will be a minimum of two and a maximum of five 5-7 teams in bowls this year, depending oh how KSU, Ga State, and S. Alabama do next weekend (and I was wrong about Vandy being in contention, they ended at 4-8).

Reaction Score
Funny, but I see they have us vs Arizona in the Cure Bowl. It's Syracuse vs Minnesota in the Pinstripe. Are we looking at different versions of the CBS site?

Now it's NC State/Minnesota. Looks like they are constantly changing their projections right now.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
On a side note....when did Tulsa become Bowl Eligible?!? I think they're the one team that I forget is in this conference, let alone their results.

Reaction Score
On a side note....when did Tulsa become Bowl Eligible?!? I think they're the one team that I forget is in this conference, let alone their results.
Ha, I forgot about them being AAC middle of the season too. They beat Tulane Friday night to get to 6 wins.

Reaction Score

I'm with you on that. We don't play them until 2017 (and we will have played Tulane 3 times before that). This conference scheduling is strange.

Tulsa's results:

Sat, Sept. 5 FL ATLANTIC W, 47-44 ot
Sat, Sept. 12 at New Mexico W, 40-21
Sat, Sept. 19 at Oklahoma L, 38-52
Sat, Oct. 3 HOUSTON L, 24-38
Sat, Oct. 10 LOUISIANA-MONROE W, 34-24
Sat, Oct. 17 at East Carolina L, 17-30
Fri, Oct. 23 MEMPHIS L, 42-66
Sat, Oct. 31 at SMU W, 40-31
Sat, Nov. 7 CENTRAL FLORIDA W, 45-30
Sat, Nov. 14 at Cincinnati L, 38-49
Sat, Nov. 21 NAVY L, 21-44
Fri, Nov. 27 at Tulane W, 45-34

No quality wins but they score a lot of points and most of their losses are to good teams.

Reaction Score
Itdbe nice to see BYU go to the Royal Purple Bowl in Las Vegas instead of the Hawaii Bowl, then putTulsa in the Cure Bowl. End result we end up in the Hawaii Bowl vs. San Diego State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom