New Bowl Projection | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It is, but it is a highly educated guess, backed up by "sources." It's at least based on something. Some here would discount Brett McMurphy simply because it is an ESPN report, but I don't think he has done anything to lose credibility. He's not Chris Mortensen, for example.

It would defeat the purpose of setting bowl eligible at 6 wins if a 5-7 team can be selected above them. It's counter-intuitive. and different than what happened to Temple and the other FBS teams who were bowl eligible with no invite last year. At least the invitations went to eligible teams. A 5-7 team shouldn't even be a consideration if a 6-6 team is still on the board.

If it comes down to it, I think the Pinstripe Bowl would love to have UConn. Provided the school was smart about pricing the ticket packages, they would be reasonably assured of exhausting the allotment and they would sell even more seats on the secondary market due to proximity. Nebraska fans may sell out their allotment, but how many "walk ups" would they have?

It would, but that wouldn't *really* be happening, if my scenario plays out. The B1G slot would be going to a B1G team over someone else. As long as all of the 6 win teams get somewhere, nobody screams all that much, except for us.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You are guaranteed "a bowl" at six wins. If any Big Ten team or other team with an open conference spot makes the APR cut at 5-7, then those partners will pick that team. The extra 6-6 teams will fill in elsewhere.

It's not a draft, it's musical chairs with one seat for each team. Which one you get depends on how well you hustle for the unoccupied ones.

I should also point out that there may be a good number of teams that decline invites given the number of coaching vacancies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was at the Army game at Yankee Stadium last year and my seats were at the 50"yard line.

Mine too (sort of)!
upload_2015-11-25_14-11-9.png

Reaction Score
Yes. But there were far fewer slots last year.

Agreed... it's the whole bowl "eligible" argument.

Each year the number of bowls change - not sure where the sweet spot ends up being or what market will end up bearing.

Reaction Score
I was thinking I'd puke if we have to play Buffalo, then I came to my senses and realized we weren't even supposed to be in any bowl. So, whatever we get and wherever go is better than being parked in Storrs waiting for next season.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well Toledo losing was good for the conference today. With Houston's win, Navy just inked the Military Bowl. Teams playing for a bowl:

SJSU over Boise (winning)
Buffalo over Umass (losing)
Washington over Washington State (winning)
Missouri over Arkansas (losing)
Georgia State over both of Troy and Ga Southern (winning game 1)

Reaction Score
Well Toledo losing was good for the conference today. With Houston's win, Navy just inked the Military Bowl. Teams playing for a bowl:

SJSU over Boise (winning)
Buffalo over Umass (losing)
Washington over Washington State (winning)
Missouri over Arkansas (losing)
Georgia State over both of Troy and Ga Southern (winning game 1)
Buffalo took the lead, but SJSU lost their lead. Also, Nebraska losing to Iowa 28-17 mid third (which is good thing).

Last edited:

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Buffalo took the lead, but SJSU lost their lead. Also, Nebraska losing to Iowa 28-17 mid third (which is good thing).
Iowa scored on a long run. Jordan Canzeri - the "one that got away".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Iowa scored on a long run. Jordan Canzeri - the "one that got away".

I'm at Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee tonight. Iowa is in the Advocare bball tourney down here. Several of the teams are staying here - Alabama, Xavier, Witchita St and Iowa that I've seen so far. Sports bar at the resort is packed with Iowa fans. 150 minimum.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
I'm at Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee tonight. Iowa is in the Advocare bball tourney down here. Several of the teams are staying here - Alabama, Xavier, Witchita St and Iowa that I've seen so far. Sports bar at the resort is packed with Iowa fans. 150 minimum.
The Gaylord chain is great. I stayed at the Texan last year and considered the Palms for a Disney trip this past February.

Reaction Score
Buffalo trying to get eligible against UMass. Down 2 pts to UMass 9 min left and the ball. Noooooooo!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Gaylord chain is great. I stayed at the Texan last year and considered the Palms for a Disney trip this past February.

This is my second Gaylord chain. I stayed at Gaylord National in Washington harbor a few years ago but that was for work; this is for pleasure.

Reaction Score
It's all over, UMass upsets Buffalo. Bulls finish at 5-7 not a threat to play us in a Bowl - lol

So far Missouri, Nebraska, Buffalo all out today.

Tulsa and San Jose State left today unless I missed someone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just found one of the coolest conference realignment posts ever!

Zach Wagner
·
Painesville, Ohio
The MAC hasn't added any new full members since Buffalo over 15 years ago.

There are several schools I'd like to see join the MAC, these are:

Full members including football - Southern Illinois and Youngstown State
Full members except football - Cleveland State and Robert Morris
Football-only members - Fordham and Richmond

All of these schools would compete in the East Division for football and/or basketball, except SIU, who would be in the West. Bowling Green also moves to the West Division.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Iowa did its job today. Now it's on to rooting for Purdue (ugh), Maryland, Northwestern, and Wisconsin tomorrow.

Reaction Score
It's all over, UMass upsets Buffalo. Bulls finish at 5-7 not a threat to play us in a Bowl - lol

So far Missouri, Nebraska, Buffalo all out today.

Tulsa and San Jose State left today unless I missed someone.
SJSU lost earlier to Boise.
Tulsa currently tied with Tulane.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
SJSU lost earlier to Boise.
Tulsa currently tied with Tulane.

Is it good for us that all of these teams are going 5-7? Or did we want teams to all get to 6 (if we want the Pinstripe)

Reaction Score
Is it good for us that all of these teams are going 5-7? Or did we want teams to all get to 6 (if we want the Pinstripe)
'
To get to Pinstripe you are rooting for Tulsa and ECU, so our conference has an extra, and against Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Rutgers (Rutgers is only trying to get to 5 but I don't trust the NCAA -- plus its Rutgers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom