New Bowl Projection | Page 10 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN this morning said we'll play in Orlando against Georgia Southern or in Boca Raton against Toledo.

Yuck. But it's 1,000x better than staying at home.

If it's Georgia Southern, the fact that we played two option teams already this year can't hurt. Toledo is another story although I assume the Rockets will have an interim coach for the game.

Reaction Score
If it's Georgia Southern, the fact that we played two option teams already this year can't hurt. Toledo is another story although I assume the Rockets will have an interim coach for the game.

I would vomit harder than Brian Cushing did during Hard Knocks if we have to play another option team

I know what you're saying and this post isn't against you....but please no

Reaction Score
I think Toledo might still want payback from the bowl game we beat them in over a decade ago...But, if our OL and DL can win the battle in the trenches it would be a good game IMO... We have the ability to move the football a little with Shireffs at QB.. without him, we're up **its creek

Reaction Score
We could hope for a performance like our first bowl... Where we beat them... Heck, our band beat their band!

I was in the band for the game in Detroit. Probably top 5 greatest band moments of my life was at the post game performance, rubbing into every single one of the Toledo's band members I came across because they talked so much trash at pre-game and half time.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Just looked at those new projections... So, San Jose State makes it at 5-7??? Wow. I understand Illinois but not SJSU

Reaction Score
I really think schools who finish 5-7 and are made eligible for bowl games should get the crappiest bowl games.. then 6-6 teams get precedence over them on better bowl games..

Reaction Score
Cure v Boca bowls: Pros & Cons?
Which pays more ?
Orlando v Boca: Which area has more active alumni? Better flight alternatives?
Sat 19 v Tues 22: Finals finish date? Easier flights from CT? Weekend v work day?
Nevada (Sun Belt fill in)? v NIU/MAC? University with name of a state, western exposure, and CalHusky's support versus another directional school albeit very recent success/reputation
Tulsa as the other AAC option for these 2 bowls? Cal and Arizona sounded so much more attractive, but why would any bowl want a school with about 2,500 students versus the UCONN brand?
How great is it just to be in a bowl, again?!

Go Huskies!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Usually final exams, the bulk of them, are done within the first two weeks of December

Reaction Score

Which pays more?

Not sure it matters, particularly if we pool bowl $ within the conference.

I would guess that Orlando is easier to access, but Boca has more CT retirees.

Sat 19 v Tues 22: Finals finish date? Easier flights from CT? Weekend v work day?

The 22nd is tough for me since I do Christmas Eve dinner for 14. In general, I think the 19th would have better attendance.

Nevada (Sun Belt fill in)? v NIU/MAC?

Don't think it matters. Nobody will remember the result outside of the schools that participate.

Tulsa as the other AAC option for these 2 bowls? Cal and Arizona sounded so much more attractive, but why would any bowl want a school with about 2,500 students versus the UCONN brand?

If the bowls care about tickets, we will be the first selection over Tulsa.

Yep. It's all semantics at this point.

Reaction Score
AutoNation Cure Bowl projected $1.3
Boca Raton Bowl projected $400k

either or doesn't matter. nobody thought we'd get this far... It's a winning situation no matter what... everybody thought our coaches would only be recruiting for next year and beyond right now... they're doing just that right now with the recruiting period going on, but they gotta still coach and prepare for several more weeks for the bowl game... love it... let these coaches earn their coin.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We owe Georgia Southern a beat down from the 1998 FCS playoffs.
We already got back at them. After that game, they had play a team that had already lost to UConn twice that same season. They figured they wouldn't even have to try. They didn't and handed UMass their greatest sports moment.

Reaction Score
Glad you are not my accountant.;)

If you were being serious and snarky rather than just funny and snarky, I think you're wrong. The Big East football conference (and this is the Big East football conference with a new name, although I can't swear the procedures haven't been changed), took all the bowl payments to members into the conference kitty, and then paid the amounts out based on standings (with the teams that did better getting the larger payouts). So the amount any particular bowl pays is irrelevant to what any particular conference team gets.

Reaction Score
If you were being serious and snarky rather than just funny and snarky, I think you're wrong. The Big East football conference (and this is the Big East football conference with a new name, although I can't swear the procedures haven't been changed), took all the bowl payments to members into the conference kitty, and then paid the amounts out based on standings (with the teams that did better getting the larger payouts). So the amount any particular bowl pays is irrelevant to what any particular conference team gets.

I was being a smartazz... and agree if they pool conference bowl revenue (which I also believe they still do)..

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Excalibur said:

Which pays more?

Not sure it matters, particularly if we pool bowl $ within the conference.

I would guess that Orlando is easier to access, but Boca has more CT retirees.

The 22nd is tough for me since I do Christmas Eve dinner for 14. In general, I think the 19th would have better attendance.

Nevada (Sun Belt fill in)? v NIU/MAC?

Don't think it matters. Nobody will remember the result outside of the schools that participate.

If the bowls care about tickets, we will be the first selection over Tulsa.

Yep. It's all semantics at this point.

Actually the answer to better flights is Boca. MCO is Disney in January which means high fares and higher priced car rentals. Boca is within an hour or so of PBI, FLL, and MIA which have many direct flights from BDL. Not that either is an impossible drive from anywhere in FL.

Date and opponent will affect ticket sales more than anything else. 22nd vs ateam like Arizona St beats Dec 26th vs a team like GA Southern or Toledo.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The Big East football conference (and this is the Big East football conference with a new name, although I can't swear the procedures haven't been changed), took all the bowl payments to members into the conference kitty, and then paid the amounts out based on standings (with the teams that did better getting the larger payouts).
Ahhh, the non-tin-foil-hat-wearing sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom