New Bowl Projection | Page 9 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So here's what we know related to the American and Bowls:
1) AAC has 8 bowl eligible teams: Houston, Temple, Navy, USF, Memphis, Cinci, UConn, and Tulsa and 7 bowl tie-ins (Birmingham, St Pete, Miami, Hawaii, Military, Boca, and Cure)
2) The winner of Temple v Houston will go to a NY6 bowl as they will be the two highest ranked from the G5
3) Navy is going to the Military Bowl
4) This leaves 6 teams for 6 more bowls (St Pete, Boca, Miami, Cure, Birmingham, Hawaii). That pretty much ends our availability as an at-large for Pinstripe unless some back room horse trading happens, which I doubt since the Pinstripe may be able to select a 5-7 Nebraska worse case.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would fly to Orlando to watch us play Arizona. There are worse bowl destination spots than Orlando, FL. Saturday game means I don't have to take any additional time off from work if I can find a Friday night flight!

Reaction Score
I would fly to Orlando to watch us play Arizona. There are worse bowl destination spots than Orlando, FL. Saturday game means I don't have to take any additional time off from work if I can find a Friday night flight!
I'll see you there! Only 1hr 45 minutes from me. Made it to the UCF game as well. I know it doesn't bode well for fan turnout to have a Florida bowl game but I would be pumped!

C

Chief00

This extra practice argument is as logical as the CT DMV - train people in February to use a new computer system after a system conversion in August.
Then they are surprised transactions take 3 times as long.
Coaches always want more practice but there is wisdom in calling it a season and I said that before yesterday's disaster.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This extra practice argument is as logical as the CT DMV - train people in February to use a new computer system after a system conversion in August.
Coaches always want more practice but there is wisdom in calling it a season and I said that before yesterday's disaster.

There is wisdom in calling it a posting career too. I said that before today's disaster.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Couldn't disagree more. Extra practices are invaluable to football teams. Especially for the younger players who will get most of the playing time in 2016. I would prefer a bowl game later in the bowl season for even more practices, but we will take what we can get.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Does it ever get tiring trying to look like the smartest person in the room and constantly proving otherwise?

You heard it here first folks - extra practice (especially for a team heavy with underclassmen) is a bad idea. Makes you wonder where all the coaches are lining up to cancel practice.

Reaction Score
McMurphyESPN 11:29am via TweetDeck
Record 2-to-5 losing teams will go to bowls. Best APRs among 5-7 teams: Neb, Mizzou, KSU, Minn, SJSU, Illini, Rice
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/p...-multiple-five-win-teams-needed-to-fill-bowls

slmandel 1:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
I'm told Football Oversight Committee will decide tomorrow how to place 5-7 bowl teams. APR, geography & conference contracts all factors.

slmandel 1:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
It could be a straight up ranking of 5-7 teams by APR, fill from top, or conferences that don't fill their bowls take their own 5-7 teams.

Reaction Score
There's probably a bunch of other projections out there, and they are all useless (but entertaining), here's the latest I found for where people are projecting UConn to go and who we would play:
Campusinsider.com: Cure Bowl v. Cal
CBS Sports: Cure Bowl v. Arizona
Mark Schlabach: Cure Bowl v. Georgia Southern
Stewart Mandel: Cure Bowl v. Nevada (this is from before this past weekend)
SB Nation: St. Pete Bowl v. San Jose State
Brett McMurphy: Boca Bowl v. Toledo

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Just stop, I would rather listen to your lies about hanging out with Drummond then listen to you make stupid analogies that not only do not make sense but are just patently wrong.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
ESPN this morning said we'll play in Orlando against Georgia Southern or in Boca Raton against Toledo.

Yuck. But it's 1,000x better than staying at home.

Reaction Score
ESPN this morning said we'll play in Orlando against Georgia Southern or in Boca Raton against Toledo.

Yuck. But it's 1,000x better than staying at home.

We'd probably be underdogs to both those teams, especially Toledo.

Reaction Score
Bowls will probably be like "Bob are you at least gonna try to run an offense?" before inviting us

I almost posted this as an unintended consequence yesterday but hit the delete button instead. But it has been a nagging thought.

Reaction Score
We'd probably be underdogs to both those teams, especially Toledo.

Yep watched Toledo a few times this year. They are an entertaining team that presents problems with their offense. We'd be a clear underdog.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Yep watched Toledo a few times this year. They are an entertaining team that presents problems with their offense. We'd be a clear underdog.
We could hope for a performance like our first bowl... Where we beat them... Heck, our band beat their band!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Bahamas bowl is off the board (not that it was ever really on ours). MTSU vs Western Michigan.

We should start to see some trickling invites now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom