New Bowl Projection | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I have a partner/friend who is a Stamford graduate. One of his prize possessions is a photograph of a friend and he up high in the Leaning Tower holding a "beat Cal" banner.
Clearly still holding a grudge for not being admitted to Boalt Hall. Go Bears!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The Gaylord chain is great. I stayed at the Texan last year and considered the Palms for a Disney trip this past February.
Really? I would be more likely to sleep in my car than stay at a Gaylord property. Huge, impersonal, weird indoor biosphere atmosphere, bad restaurants,etc. I'm in the hotel business and have stayed at all of them. Hate them.

Reaction Score
Saturday is finally here!

Let's go UConn and ECU!
Boo Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, Virginia Tech and anyone else in the P5 who is 5-6

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Really? I would be more likely to sleep in my car than stay at a Gaylord property. Huge, impersonal, weird indoor biosphere atmosphere, bad restaurants,etc. I'm in the hotel business and have stayed at all of them. Hate them.

It's an interesting business model and proof positive why the hotel industry is out of my core competency.

Their model obviously works but I'd do a lot of things differently.

This one in Kissimmee offers beautiful of an interstate exit ramp. Some nice features with the big pool for kids which included night time movies. The rest just seems like a money grab. Along the lines of they have captive tourists who don't know the area and will pay 250% for convenience.

The chain seems geared towards large conventions and I bet they do that well.

I won't stay at this one again. Even if I was burning hotel or airline points.

Of course I also couldn't believe how many people were dropping $109 for Harry Potter capes at Universal Studios either. WHEN I WAS A KID, we just grabbed a blanket and a safety pin. AND WE LIKED IT!!!!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well, you're in the industry so I'll tell you why I liked them:
* background - I had a conference in the texan, stayed a few days beyond the conference and brought the wife, 8 month old and 2 1/2 year old.
* Customer service was excellent, especially front desk. Because of conference room-related discount, I had to book 3 separate blocks for 7 nights total. We originally were supposed to switch rooms. I explained that I did not want to switch rooms with 2 little kids. They were supposedly booked for the weekend but still switched me into one room and it was probably the largest single hotel room/suite I've stayed in.
* Did not eat at the steak house but did eat at the italian restaurant, tex.mex and sports bar - all were decent to good.
* The water park was perfect for the kids, and if we didn't want to go to the waterpark, we could hit one of the pools instead.
* We liked the ability to go for walks throughout the facility, indoor or outdoor. My daughter loved the miniature train. It's not just a lobby and a bunch of hallways.

Most hotels are really just your room and your sometimes limited interactions with the lobby, hotel bar/restaurant, pool and fitness center. Gaylord offers a lot more and that is why our family enjoyed it.

Reaction Score
For entertainment purposes only, b/c no way this is all happening and UConn has about a 2% chance of UConn landing in the Pinstripe (yes...I'm telling you there's a chance).

There are 73 teams now eligible for 80 spots.

If u want UConn bowling in NYC then hope for the following today:
The first 3 must happen (to keep B1G from getting enough 6 win teams to keep Pinstripe in the conversation of having to go outside the B1G):
Purdue over Indiana -doubtful, IU 7 pt. road favorite
Wisconsin over Minnesota - UW 2.5 road favorite
Northwestern over Illinois - NW 3.5 pt. road favorite
Maryland over Rutgers -(1) b/c its Rutgers, (2) keeps RUNNING from 5 wins and getting into the conversation if bowls do have to select 5 win teams. UMd is a 2 pt. road favorite.

Then you want to get 80 bowl eligible teams to keep any 5 win teams from being considered, so hope for 7 of the 8 following to happen:
ECU over Cincinnati - ECU a 1 pt. home favorite
VT over UVa - VT a 3.5 pt road favorite
ODU over FAU - ODU a 4 pt. home underdog
Kentucky over Louisvile - UK a 5.5 pt home underdog
South Alabama over Ga Southern - not happening, GState a 20 + pt dog.
Kansas State needs to win next 2. They're a 20 pt. favorite @ Kansas today. They host WVU next week.
La Lafayette needs to win next 2. Not happening, they're a 20 pt. dog v App State,
Georgia State (next weekend) over Ga Southern - not happening as GSstate will be a huge road dog.

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't want to freeze my ass off at Yankee stadium. Would rather go south. Nonetheless, there is a chance you will get a PAC12 team in one of our bowl games as the Sun Belt has 4 bowls with currently 3 teams eligible and CUSA should have at least 1 open spot, while the PAC12 will have 3 teams looking for spots. I would take a Florida trip against Cal, ASU, Arizona, or Washington. That's my hope

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For entertainment purposes only, b/c no way this is all happening and UConn has about a 2% chance of UConn landing in the Pinstripe (yes...I'm telling you there's a chance).

There are 73 teams now eligible for 80 spots.

If u want UConn bowling in NYC then hope for the following today:
The first 3 must happen (to keep B1G from getting enough 6 win teams to keep Pinstripe in the conversation of having to go outside the B1G):
Purdue over Indiana -doubtful, IU 7 pt. road favorite
Wisconsin over Minnesota - UW 2.5 road favorite
Northwestern over Illinois - NW 3.5 pt. road favorite
Maryland over Rutgers -(1) b/c its Rutgers, (2) keeps RUNNING from 5 wins and getting into the conversation if bowls do have to select 5 win teams. UMd is a 2 pt. road favorite.

Then you want to get 80 bowl eligible teams to keep any 5 win teams from being considered, so hope for 7 of the 8 following to happen:
ECU over Cincinnati - ECU a 1 pt. home favorite
VT over UVa - VT a 3.5 pt road favorite
ODU over FAU - ODU a 4 pt. home underdog
Kentucky over Louisvile - UK a 5.5 pt home underdog
South Alabama over Ga Southern - not happening, GState a 20 + pt dog.
Kansas State needs to win next 2. They're a 20 pt. favorite @ Kansas today. They host WVU next week.
La Lafayette needs to win next 2. Not happening, they're a 20 pt. dog v App State,
Georgia State (next weekend) over Ga Southern - not happening as GSstate will be a huge road dog.

Are you assuming 3 B1g teams in the NY6? The Champ will be in the playoff, the loser of the CCG is guaranteed the Rose Bowl and the winner of OSU/Mich will likely get the at large berth against the AAC in the Peach Bowl.

Reaction Score
Yale = safety school.
I've met a few really impressive Yale lawyers, I've met quite a few unimpressive Yale lawyers, and I've not yet met one that doesn't make a point to let you know their from Yale. Its laughably predictable...

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Yale = safety school.
I've met a few really impressive Yale lawyers, I've met quite a few unimpressive Yale lawyers, and I've not yet met one that doesn't make a point to let you know their from Yale. Its laughably predictable...

In a world where you can't say the same about Suffolk, it's called marketing. And, let keep this thread on topic.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Rutgers winning is no good if the NCAA decides 5-7 teams can go bowling with no restrictions (i.e. before 6 wins teams). The Pinstripe would surely want RU and honor their B1G/ACC matchup. Indiana is well on their way towards whipping up on hapless Purdue and Northwestern will surely beat Illinois. All of these wins will surely hurt our Pinstripe hopes. Looking more and more like we'll be headed to Florida - Miami, Orlando or St Pete.

Reaction Score
If 5-7 is good enough to go to a bowl then you may as well hand over everything to the P5 teams. 6-6 is bad enough but at least it is .500. If they let 5-7 go it won't be long until 4-8 is eligible.

Reaction Score

At Yale, and most other places, it is spelled they're.

Go Owls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dooley

Reaction Score
Rutgers winning is no good if the NCAA decides 5-7 teams can go bowling with no restrictions (i.e. before 6 wins teams). The Pinstripe would surely want RU and honor their B1G/ACC matchup.

Almost on cue, and in typical Rutgers meltdown fashion, Maryland has come back and taken the lead! Come on Terps!

Reaction Score
Cincy beats ECU with a last second FG to ruin the Pirates bid at 6 wins

Dooley

Reaction Score
Wow, that was an epic Rutgers' meltdown. A few hours ago, they had a shot at 5-7 bowl eligibility. But this is spectacular, even for Cable Box U. Keeps our outside hopes for a Pinstripe Bowl alive!

Maryland

(3-9)
0 13 14 19 46

Rutgers

(4-8)
7 24 7 3 41

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
8 teams for 7 bowls + NY6 for the champ. Cancel those NYC plans unless there is some horse trading to be done.
If I had to guess, we are going to Boca. If Temple wins the AAC game then Houston to Birmingham and Memphis to D.C.
I think they send Navy to Hawaii as they will sell a lot of tickets there.

Houston - NY6 (Atlanta)

Birmingham Bowl
Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC - Memphis

St. Petersburg Bowl
St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. Conference USA - USF

Miami Beach Bowl
Miami, Fla. – vs. Conference USA - Cincy

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman
Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC - Temple

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl
Honolulu, Hawaii – vs. Mountain West - Navy

Marmot Boca Raton Bowl
Boca Raton, Fla. – vs. MAC - UConn

AutoNation Cure Bowl
Orlando, Fla. – vs. Sun Belt - Tulsa

Dooley

Reaction Score
8 teams for 7 bowls + NY6 for the champ. Cancel those NYC plans unless there is some horse trading to be done.
If I had to guess, we are going to Boca. If Temple wins the AAC game then Houston to Birmingham and Memphis to D.C.
I think they send Navy to Hawaii as they will sell a lot of tickets there.

Houston - NY6 (Atlanta)

Birmingham Bowl
Birmingham, Ala. – vs. SEC - Memphis

St. Petersburg Bowl
St. Petersburg, Fla. – vs. Conference USA - USF

Miami Beach Bowl
Miami, Fla. – vs. Conference USA - Cincy

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman
Annapolis, Md. – vs. ACC - Temple

Sheraton Hawaii Bowl
Honolulu, Hawaii – vs. Mountain West - Navy

Marmot Boca Raton Bowl
Boca Raton, Fla. – vs. MAC - UConn

AutoNation Cure Bowl
Orlando, Fla. – vs. Sun Belt - Tulsa

Navy is going to the Military Bowl.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Navy is already locked into Military Bowl.

They should have saved that for when Navy isn't very good. They would fill Aloha Stadium or wherever it's played these days.

What will be interesting is what they do with the B1G slots. They have 8 tie-ins and only 5 teams that aren't getting a NY6 slot.

Playoff - Mich St
Rose - Iowa
Peach (at-large) Ohio St.

They then have 5 eligible teams for these 7 slots

New Era Pinstripe Bowl: ACC/ND vs. Big Ten
Foster Farms Bowl: Big Ten vs. Pac-12
Quick Lane Bowl: ACC/ND vs. Big Ten
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: Mountain West vs. Big Ten
Holiday Bowl: Big Ten vs. Pac-12
Outback Bowl: Big Ten vs. SEC
Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl: Big Ten vs. SEC

That doesn't include these bowls that they share with the ACC (ND is getting a NY6 at large spot regardless) which the ACC will have to fill with their 9 teams, one of which is going to the NY6 leaving 8 teams for 9 slots.
TaxSlayer Bowl: ACC/ND or Big Ten vs. SEC
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: ACC/ND or Big Ten vs. SEC

The ACC also has to fill these bowls:
Hyundai Sun Bowl: ACC/ND vs. Pac-12
New Era Pinstripe Bowl: ACC/ND vs. Big Ten
Camping World Independence Bowl: ACC/ND vs. SEC
Military Bowl presented By Northrop Grumman: ACC/ND vs. American
Quick Lane Bowl: ACC/ND vs. Big Ten
Russell Athletic Bowl: ACC/ND vs. Big 12
Belk Bowl: ACC/ND vs. SEC

If the B1G has to drop two bowls, they will be Detroit and Fort Worth. If the ACC somehow needs to drop one, it will be the Military Bowl. All these deals have farm leagues like the MAC to fill open slots. Unless the Yankees flex some muscle, we aren't going to NY. Neither conference will give up either the payday or the exposure.

Reaction Score
Are you assuming 3 B1g teams in the NY6? The Champ will be in the playoff, the loser of the CCG is guaranteed the Rose Bowl and the winner of OSU/Mich will likely get the at large berth against the AAC in the Peach Bowl.
No. I was assuming one in the playoff and one in the NY6. 2 B1G's in the NY6 would be great. Before today the B1G had 7 teams eligible: If 1 in Playoff, 1 in NY6 that left 5 teams to fill 8 remaining bowls With their tiered selection process the first 3 bowls are Cap One, Outback, and Holiday. The mid tier games are Gator or Music City, the one in SF, and the Pinstripe. One of those three would have been empty. Indiana's win would have resolved that if only 2 go Playoff/NY6. If three go that route, we're back in business ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom