New Bowl Projection | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't Temple trump UCONN in selection of the Military Bowl if Navy gets a NY6 game?

I don't think Temple has any history of fans travelling. Plus, from Philly the game in Annapolis is a day trip, doing zilch for the local economy beyond selling tickets. UConn fans at least spend one night in the area.

But we'll see (obviously) if Navy goes to NY6.

Reaction Score
I'm just trying to understand this. As a fan of a team, you really wouldn't go to a bowl game that you could get to and afford because of the sight lines in the Stadium?

Everyone is allowed to do what they want, but that just strikes me as incredibly strange.

This is the guy who was OUTRAGED when DJ Hernandez was on the Michigan ticket.

You are only NOW coming to the realization that this guy is a little strange?

Reaction Score
This is the guy who was OUTRAGED when DJ Hernandez was on the Michigan ticket.

You are only NOW coming to the realization that this guy is a little strange?

Don't remember the poster.

Just to be clear, I did not call the poster strange. I am trying to cut back on name calling on the Boneyard. I did call the statement strange (mostly because I think it is).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was at the Army game at Yankee Stadium last year and my seats were at the 50"yard line. Yes, we were further from the field (and likely at a higher elevation) than similar seats at a football only stadium would have been and yes, the seats were angled to put your view from where the pitcher's mound would have been to where the outfield would be, not directly towards a temporary football field. That said, I guess different people take different things from what they experience as what I took from that game was how great it wad to see our marching band on that field at halftime, how amazing the feeling was to hear U C O N N - UConn, UConn, UConn echo through the stands and how fantastic it would be to one day bring a quality team to Yankee Stadium to face a name opponent. I don't care about the sightlines or potential weather. If we cam possibly play a bowl game at Yankee Stadium, that trumps all but a select (Rose, Orange, Sugar) New Years bowl or CFP game.

I'm in Rome, typing on a cellphone (first time for me on the boneyard) on a rainy evening, during a vacation that I have put off far to long but honestly wish I had put off a bit longer. We are getting where we want our program to be. At the moment I am happiest for all of the outgoing seniors as they will get a bowl game experience. Something nobody can ever take away from them.

Reaction Score
McMurphy has navy playing fsu in the chick-fil-a bowl and temple going to the Hawaii bowl to face byu

Schlabach thinks Houston will get the ny6 game instead. Has navy in the military bowl vs nc st and has temple going to the Miami Beach bowl vs western Kentucky

Pinstripe bowl projection:

Schlabach: Pittsburgh vs. Minnesota
McMurphy: Louisville vs. Indiana

Reaction Score
I was at the Army game at Yankee Stadium last year and my seats were at the 50"yard line. Yes, we were further from the field (and likely at a higher elevation) than similar seats at a football only stadium would have been and yes, the seats were angled to put your view from where the pitcher's mound would have been to where the outfield would be, not directly towards a temporary football field. That said, I guess different people take different things from what they experience as what I took from that game was how great it wad to see our marching band on that field at halftime, how amazing the feeling was to hear U C O N N - UConn, UConn, UConn echo through the stands and how fantastic it would be to one day bring a quality team to Yankee Stadium to face a name opponent. I don't care about the sightlines or potential weather. If we cam possibly play a bowl game at Yankee Stadium, that trumps all but a select (Rose, Orange, Sugar) New Years bowl or CFP game.

I'm in Rome, typing on a cellphone (first time for me on the boneyard) on a rainy evening, during a vacation that I have put off far to long but honestly wish I had put off a bit longer. We are getting where we want our program to be. At the moment I am happiest for all of the outgoing seniors as they will get a bowl game experience. Something nobody can ever take away from them.

Just hope that you're at the Rome in Italy and not the one an hour from Syracuse.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Just hope that you're at the Rome in Italy and not the one an hour from Syracuse.
BL, I believe you know me well enough to know I would have found a way from Rome NY to East Hartford on Saturday. The thing of it is I kind of painted myself in a corner when I mentioned the possibility of spending Thanksgiving at the Battle for Atlantis. Lost all leverage then. I was representing with a blue UConn polo shirt today and tomorrow I plan on having my picture taken in front of the Coliseum while wearing a UConn football jersey.

Reaction Score
BL, I believe you know me well enough to know I would have found a way from Rome NY to East Hartford on Saturday. The thing of it is I kind of painted myself in a corner when I mentioned the possibility of spending Thanksgiving at the Battle for Atlantis. Lost all leverage then. I was representing with a blue UConn polo shirt today and tomorrow I plan on having my picture taken in front of the Coliseum while wearing a UConn football jersey.

Well, that explains why I didn't see you in 241 Saturday.

Just enjoy the trip. Time with family is always irreplaceable ((even when it conflicts with a game).

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, bowl eligibility is bittersweet this year. No matter where or when UConn plays, I likely cannot go, lest be served with divorce papers upon my return. My wife is due with our second smack dab in the middle of Bowl season, so there is a fair chance I will be watching UConn from the 6th floor of Hartford Hospital.

That said, I don't care where they go or who they play. Just that they are selected to go somewhere. The extra practice is immeasurably important. Temple was 6-6 last year and didn't get a bid. There were also a couple 7-5 Sun Belt and MAC teams who stayed home. Given 80 slots this year, it is absolutely possible for a 5-7 team to be selected for a bowl, so that puts my mind a bit more at ease, but the false narrative still circulates that UConn football fans don't travel well.
Congrats! There is a chance you'll run into daughter. She is a med student doing her ob gyn rotation then at Hartford.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
McMurphy has navy playing fsu in the chick-fil-a bowl and temple going to the Hawaii bowl to face byu

Schlabach thinks Houston will get the ny6 game instead. Has navy in the military bowl vs nc st and has temple going to the Miami Beach bowl vs western Kentucky

Pinstripe bowl projection:

Schlabach: Pittsburgh vs. Minnesota
McMurphy: Louisville vs. Indiana
These guys do zero homework. Minnesota, after losing this week to Wisconsin, will be 5-7. The Pinstripers are not going to take a 5-7 team that might send 5-8k fans...at best.
The Pinstripe Bowl will be Miami(FL) vs The University of Connecticut.
7-5 vs 7-5
Now THAT is going to be fun.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Congrats! There is a chance you'll run into daughter. She is a med student doing her ob gyn rotation then at Hartford.
Thank you, Scoot.

We disagree a lot, but no malice is ever intended. This in mighty nice of you.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
These guys do zero homework. Minnesota, after losing this week to Wisconsin, will be 5-7. The Pinstripers are not going to take a 5-7 team that might send 5-8k fans...at best.
7-5 vs 7-5
And I hope it's a blizzard at uncle Babe's house,now that would be fun!

Reaction Score
7-5 vs 7-5

I just went through every single conference and I think I only counted 72 teams who are at .500 or better. That means that there are going to be 5-7 teams getting bowl bids.

I can almost guarantee Miami will decline that bowl bid because they wont want to play in cold weather and any of hte southern bowls would probably extend an invite.

Reaction Score
McMurphy- Schlabach

Go back the last two years. These guys were wrong over 80% of the time on the non "big time" bowls. Don't sweat any of their bowl predictions after 11 games. This is like matching up an NFL mock draft with the actual. A joke.

Reaction Score
It doesn't go by conference placement.
Right. I knew that. Just thinking that logistically Temple is a better placement. Good thing is CT would be #2 logistically. Navy has to win for this to happen anyway.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Go back the last two years. These guys were wrong over 80% of the time on the non "big time" bowls. Don't sweat any of their bowl predictions after 11 games. This is like matching up an NFL mock draft with the actual. A joke.

It's hilarious... they don't even bother to check the conference / bowl rules for team selection. I mean if you're going to bother to write the column... at least get an intern to check if it's even possible. Heh.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Been there, done that, have the T-shirt and passport stamp.

Just to be sure, I was joking.

It would be just like the football gods to give us a bowl this year and then dump Buffalo chips on us.

Reaction Score
I'm just trying to understand this. As a fan of a team, you really wouldn't go to a bowl game that you could get to and afford because of the sight lines in the Stadium?

Everyone is allowed to do what they want, but that just strikes me as incredibly strange.

Yes sir Biz you got it right! If that makes me strange to you, so be it. I am at the stage of the game in my life where just being there does not trip my trigger, I want to see the game. I also do not sit in end zones but have nothing against those who like it. Actually the fuss being made over my comment is meaningless as we have no ties to the baseball bowl, it is just my opinion.
http://www.pinstripebowl.com/tickets/index
No spitting match here just a reply. Love the comments by those that do not even make the games in East Hartford. Always respect the view from 241.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom