New Bowl Projection | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
J187Money said:
Only problem with Miami is that it is on a Monday afternoon before school gets out. So not really a good family trip.

Boca has the same issue. I could probably get to Miami and back to prep Christmas Eve dinner, but Boca would be cutting it too close.

Reaction Score
This season has been at least as good as I could have hoped I wanted a team that could at least entertain and look improved. Sitting at the Rent yesterday and watching how well we played, especially on D, and how truly smart we played with Boyle at QB (happy for that kid) was great

I do have a question about the ability to have extra practices. Obviously they can add new stuff or wrinkles. But I'm not sure what else is gained that hasn't been down skill wise after a full season of practice. Not saying it doesn't, just need someone knowledgeable on it to explain.

When you're on your 6th OC in 7 years, or whatever it is, its no surprise that in game 11 of a season, you can't go through a set of offensivee series without multiple delay of game clock issues, substitution problems, communication issues galore, a complete procedure disaster on 4th and 1, etc. Before blaming it on having the qb's eggs scrambled and out - we used a timeout about 30 seconds into the game on offense if memory servesbecause of offense communication and procedure.

The extra practices are huge. Huge. Huge. HUGE.

Reaction Score
Just reserved hotel rooms for Military Bowl. Only need a train ticket for Pinstripe. The other bowls don't fit my work schedule.

What a wonderful dilemma to have!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think we're rooting for Navy to win out and for ECU and Tulsa to become bowl-eligible. That will ensure:
  • Navy gets into an access bowl, so the Military Bowl versus an ACC opponent becomes available
  • We exceed the AAC bowl allotment by 1, meaning we have a team to shop on the bowl market
That gives UConn a shot at a P5 opponent if we went to the Military Bowl. It also gives the AAC some leverage in pimping out a team to a bowl that needs a team. And if the AAC is going to pimp out a team, we do have geography in our favor (for once) since we're spread all over the place. If the Pinstripe became available, the payout is high enough that the AAC would do whatever needs to be done to send a team there. And we have to be the target if that scenario arose.

Edit - there are 4 B1G teams with potential bowl eligibility. I would imagine that we want as few of those teams to win as possible.

Reaction Score
I think we're rooting for Navy to win out and for ECU and Tulsa to become bowl-eligible. That will ensure:
  • Navy gets into an access bowl, so the Military Bowl versus an ACC opponent becomes available
  • We exceed the AAC bowl allotment by 1, meaning we have a team to shop on the bowl market
That gives UConn a shot at a P5 opponent if we went to the Military Bowl. It also gives the AAC some leverage in pimping out a team to a bowl that needs a team. And if the AAC is going to pimp out a team, we do have geography in our favor (for once) since we're spread all over the place. If the Pinstripe became available, the payout is high enough that the AAC would do whatever needs to be done to send a team there. And we have to be the target if that scenario arose.

Edit - there are 4 B1G teams with potential bowl eligibility. I would imagine that we want as few of those teams to win as possible.

Unless you're a fan of Houston or Temple, how is anyone not rooting for Navy to earn its way to a New Year's 6 bowl?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

3 have tough matchups. Indiana vs Purdue is the game I'll be watching.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've seen Duke v Buffalo, L'ville v Indiana and Miami v PSU as Pinstripe projections.

And UConn v Middle Tenn in St. Pete, v Buffalo in the Cure (Orlando) and v La Tech in Miami.

I hope they're all wrong.

Reaction Score
Obviously prefer P5 but a game against NIU or Bowling Green in Boca wouldn't be terrible.

We don't need to play Buffalo again. Zero interest in that.

Dooley

Reaction Score
While I do care about where we play (would LOVE the Pinstripe Bowl for the chance of a major fanbase statement), I don't care who we play. Just give me those beloved extra practices and an offseason of good grades, good health and good behavior so that we can talk about conference championships in 2016.

Reaction Score
Unless you're a fan of Houston or Temple, how is anyone not rooting for Navy to earn its way to a New Year's 6 bowl?

Navy isn't getting the credit it deserves by the football media. They are an awesome team with a Heisman caliber QB. They deserve all the conmmendation they can get for two big reasons: They are underdized kids who will be sacrificing for all of us soon. At the same time they are an extremely talented triple option football team. They will be playing on New Years Day.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I've seen Duke v Buffalo, L'ville v Indiana and Miami v PSU as Pinstripe projections.

And UConn v Middle Tenn in St. Pete, v Buffalo in the Cure (Orlando) and v La Tech in Miami.

I hope they're all wrong.
Dear lord if we took the B1G spot and Miami was our opponent that would be the absolute best case scenario. Average temp is 40/29 and with a 330p start it's basically a night game in 30 degree temps. Not sure that the south beach boys would want to leave those bench heaters.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If UConn can get to the Pinstripe Bowl, I already know about 20+ people interested in going to the game. Some flying in from different places to come back to CT for Christmas already. Some former season ticket holders with us that want to go. I'm going to guess many of you are in the same boat. I would think that we could bring well over 20K to a game in the Bronx.

Reaction Score
If UConn can get to the Pinstripe Bowl, I already know about 20+ people interested in going to the game. Some flying in from different places to come back to CT for Christmas already. Some former season ticket holders with us that want to go. I'm going to guess many of you are in the same boat. I would think that we could bring well over 20K to a game in the Bronx.
If we get the Pinstripe bowl bid, I guarantee I know of 50 people from our tailgating groups that will attend. That would be by FAR the best case scenario . Playing an ACC team in NYC with 15 - 20k UConn fans in attendance. I am begging the football gods to have this work out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If UConn does go to Hawaii there isn't any expectation to bring a big crowd.

Much like the game yesterday stars are starting to line up for a back door entry on to the Pinstripe bowl.

Overall I'd like to see a bowl game later in the bowl season to stretch out those extra practices

Reaction Score
Will try to attend any bowl offered on the east coast other than The Pinstripe. No interest in trying to see a football game on a baseball field. Two in my regular party of four have been and both said once was one time too many.
No bashing of those hoping for a NYC game, I wish you all the best of luck and a good time. :D Simply not my cup of tea. / (Mug of beer.)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think you guys are overly hopeful for the pinstripe. The B1G isn't going to let it's spot in NYC go to anyone else, unless.....

Detroit is a much more likely option for the open slot.

Reaction Score
UConn fans (who want the Pinstripe Bowl) should want the following to happen:
1) ECU and Tulsa to win next week - get more AAC teams eligible for bowls than there are AAC bowl slots.
2) three of the following four teams - Indiana (@ Purdue), Nebraska (v Iowa), Illinois ( Northwestern), and Minnesota (v Wisconsin) to lose. B1G currently has 7 eligible teams. The fewer they have eligible, the better the odds that the Pinstripe could be on the market for a non-B1G team.
3) The B1G champ to make the Playoffs. This way they'd put 1 team in Playoff. One less B1G team for their bowl commitments increase odds that Pinstripe is an option for UConn.
4) 80 or more 6 win teams. If they open it up to 5-7 teams, the Pinstripe could conceivably go for a 5-7 B1G team - Nebraska or Rutgers (if they beat Maryland) depending on where they rank in APR.

It's a looong shot, but not out of the realm of possibility that UConn is in NYC

Reaction Score
Will try to attend any bowl offered on the east coast other than The Pinstripe. No interest in trying to see a football game on a baseball field. Two in my regular party of four have been and both said once was one time too many.
No bashing of those hoping for a NYC game, I wish you all the best of luck and a good time. :D Simply not my cup of tea. / (Mug of beer.)

I'm just trying to understand this. As a fan of a team, you really wouldn't go to a bowl game that you could get to and afford because of the sight lines in the Stadium?

Everyone is allowed to do what they want, but that just strikes me as incredibly strange.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are overly hopeful for the pinstripe. The B1G isn't going to let it's spot in NYC go to anyone else, unless.....

Detroit is a much more likely option for the open slot.

There's not much I wouldn't give up in exchange for the "unless."

Reaction Score
Will try to attend any bowl offered on the east coast other than The Pinstripe. No interest in trying to see a football game on a baseball field.

Guess that rules out the Miami Beach Bowl as well...

04.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
AutoNation Cure Bowl
Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, Florida
Saturday, Dec. 19, 7 p.m. (CBSSN)

Schlabach: Connecticut vs. Georgia Southern
McMurphy: Tulsa vs. Georgia Southern

Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
Monday, Dec. 28, 2:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: NC State vs. Navy
McMurphy: Duke vs. UConn

Status