New Bowl Projection | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only problem with Miami is that it is on a Monday afternoon before school gets out. So not really a good family trip.

That could work to our advantage....just have to leave the wife and kids at home.....little boneyard boys night out in Miami.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize Citrus Bowl is almost brand new.

Also the FAU Stadium is small at 30k but not a terrible place to land:

CTftSjcWsAAG7iK.jpg

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If UConn does go to Hawaii there isn't any expectation to bring a big crowd.

Much like the game yesterday stars are starting to line up for a back door entry on to the Pinstripe bowl.

Overall I'd like to see a bowl game later in the bowl season to stretch out those extra practices

I too would prefer something towards the end of bowl season. Pinstripe would be fine and the Military Bowl on 12/28 would give a full month of extra practices. The AutoNation Cure is the first day of bowl season I think. The Miami Beach is 12/21. More reasons to root for the Military Bowl or Pinstripe.

Reaction Score
Based on all the games I have watched I believe that Navy is the best team in the conference. Lets hope that they win out and we going bowling in Maryland.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Citrus Bowl is almost brand new.

Also the FAU Stadium is small at 30k but not a terrible place to land:

CTftSjcWsAAG7iK.jpg
Could definitely make some noise in that place. And catch a few rays as well.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Based on all the games I have watched I believe that Navy is the best team in the conference. Lets hope that they win out and we going bowling in Maryland.

I think so too. I think Navy in the NY6 would be perfect for the AAC. First and most importantly, I think Navy gives the AAC the best shot to beat a top team. Second, it's hard to root against the United States Navy with everything that these guys sacrifice, in addition to playing football. They certainly won't be dragged through the muck like we were before the Fiesta Bowl.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I too would prefer something towards the end of bowl season. Pinstripe would be fine and the Military Bowl on 12/28 would give a full month of extra practices. The AutoNation Cure is the first day of bowl season I think. The Miami Beach is 12/21. More reasons to root for the Military Bowl or Pinstripe.

Don't you only get 15 no matter what date you play?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Don't you only get 15 no matter what date you play?

I think a hard 15 cap is only in the spring. http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/debunking_the_15-bowl_practice_myth.html

"(It's) a common misconception that's been around for years," NCAA spokesman Christopher Radford said. "There is no specific limit on the number of practices a team may hold while preparing for a bowl game, but standard NCAA rules apply for participation in practice or other athletically related activities. Same as the regular season, these rules limit practice and other athletic activities to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week."

Reaction Score
Jerry Palm has updated his bowl projections. He has us going to Miami to play Middle Tenn. He also shows the Pinstripe coming to the American to take Cncy to fill the Big Ten's slot agaist NC State.

If we have an extra bowl eligible team, I still expect the American to let go of UConn so it can be invited to the Pinstripe.
Would love to see my Huskies play in the Pinstripe Bowl, Yankee Stadium, home of my favorite baseball team. 27 WS rings, Thaaaaa Yankees....

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Will try to attend any bowl offered on the east coast other than The Pinstripe. No interest in trying to see a football game on a baseball field. Two in my regular party of four have been and both said once was one time too many.
No bashing of those hoping for a NYC game, I wish you all the best of luck and a good time. :D Simply not my cup of tea. / (Mug of beer.)
Not sure what your friends are talking about... Even though it was a stomach-punch of a game, UConn-Army at Yankee Stadium was great last year. The view was better than I expected, and it was so damn convenient. Win-win!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, bowl eligibility is bittersweet this year. No matter where or when UConn plays, I likely cannot go, lest be served with divorce papers upon my return. My wife is due with our second smack dab in the middle of Bowl season, so there is a fair chance I will be watching UConn from the 6th floor of Hartford Hospital.

That said, I don't care where they go or who they play. Just that they are selected to go somewhere. The extra practice is immeasurably important. Temple was 6-6 last year and didn't get a bid. There were also a couple 7-5 Sun Belt and MAC teams who stayed home. Given 80 slots this year, it is absolutely possible for a 5-7 team to be selected for a bowl, so that puts my mind a bit more at ease, but the false narrative still circulates that UConn football fans don't travel well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, bowl eligibility is bittersweet this year. No matter where or when UConn plays, I likely cannot go, lest be served with divorce papers upon my return. My wife is due with our second smack dab in the middle of Bowl season, so there is a fair chance I will be watching UConn from the 6th floor of Hartford Hospital.

That said, I don't care where they go or who they play. Just that they are selected to go somewhere. The extra practice is immeasurably important. Temple was 6-6 last year and didn't get a bid. There were also a couple 7-5 Sun Belt and MAC teams who stayed home. Given 80 slots this year, it is absolutely possible for a 5-7 team to be selected for a bowl, so that puts my mind a bit more at ease, but the false narrative still circulates that UConn football fans don't travel well.
Understandable. Just name the baby Diaco. I think he's earned that.

Reaction Score

My wife still gives me crap about going to the Fiesta bowl when she was 8 1/2 months pregnant with our daughter. I was also overruled on having her middle name be "Teggart"

Reaction Score
While I'm just excited to be going back to a bowl game, if we could get into either the Military or Pinstripe Bowl, that would be awesome.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Updated projections on espn

McMurphy: uconn vs duke (military bowl)

Schlabach: uconn vs Georgia Southern (citrus bowl Orlando)

UConn/Duke would be a good match up anywhere. Sure, everyone will play it off as basketball powers meet in football but at least it gets some buzz or headlines and lost in the sauce of all the run of the mill bowl games.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Temple trump UCONN in selection of the Military Bowl if Navy gets a NY6 game?

Reaction Score
Not sure what your friends are talking about... Even though it was a stomach-punch of a game, UConn-Army at Yankee Stadium was great last year. The view was better than I expected, and it was so damn convenient. Win-win!

I was at the game in Yankee Stadium and I agree with his friends. I thought we had great seats on the fifty yard line when I got them. Unfortunately, while they were on the fifty, they were about 100 yards away from the field. and the siteline was terrible. We ended up watching it on the scoreboard. Thats the problem with football on a baseball field.
Having said that, I'd still prefer a UCONN bowl game there rather than something like Hawaii or Miami. I think our turnout would be great.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
My sons middle name is Calhoun.... I won that battle in the hospital, but 2 years later, I still get the random pissy moments from the wife about it
My buddy almost named his kid Pedro but the no-no got broke up right before the birth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom