New Bowl Projection | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Bowl Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Jerry Palm has updated his bowl projections. He has us going to Miami to play Middle Tenn. He also shows the Pinstripe coming to the American to take Cncy to fill the Big Ten's slot agaist NC State.

If we have an extra bowl eligible team, I still expect the American to let go of UConn so it can be invited to the Pinstripe.
If that's the case, expect a PACKED Yankee Stadium full of Husky fans for the Pinstripe Bowl against the ACC!!!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
NYC the day after XMAS would be absolutely the best. Forget the warm weather. Make a southern (NCSU?) team come up here and beat us in front of 20k or so husky fans
Plus more tailgating in the Bronx!!!

Reaction Score
After the last 4 years. I'd gladly take a bowl game against Buffalo in Orlando.

It's on a Saturday, in warm weather, in a place that's easy to get to, and a game that is absolutely winnable.

We could end the season 7-6 or 8-5 on a sunny afternoon in Florida after combining for 5 total wins in the prior 2 years.

90% of us thought a bowl game would be a miracle, but here we are. I know complaining is what we do best, but I'm going to just enjoy the fact we're bowling.

Unless it's Hawaii. Sending 150 fans would suck.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
BL, I believe you know me well enough to know I would have found a way from Rome NY to East Hartford on Saturday. The thing of it is I kind of painted myself in a corner when I mentioned the possibility of spending Thanksgiving at the Battle for Atlantis. Lost all leverage then. I was representing with a blue UConn polo shirt today and tomorrow I plan on having my picture taken in front of the Coliseum while wearing a UConn football jersey.
Evidently I can't post pictures while accessing the vineyard from my phone. I have a great picture of me wearing an official #90 (I'm guessing Brouse) jersey in front of the Trevi Fountain. There are others at different spots but they are on my camera. I'll get these posted soon

PS - my Trevi wish was an invitation to this year's Pinstripe Bowl.

Reaction Score
Evidently I can't post pictures while accessing the vineyard from my phone. I have a great picture of me wearing an official #90 (I'm guessing Brouse) jersey in front of the Trevi Fountain. There are others at different spots but they are on my camera. I'll get these posted soon

PS - my Trevi wish was an invitation to this year's Pinstripe Bowl.

Is the construction done around Trevi? It was totally scaffolded 16 months ago

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Is the construction done around Trevi? It was totally scaffolded 16 months ago
Trevi had no scaffolding but there was some around buildings not far from it and some around buildings near the Pantheon. The Coliseum (spell check won't let me spell it correctly) had some around a small section and the Spanish Steps were well covered with scaffolding. This is an amazing place. When possible I'll post pictures representing UConn in the Eternal City.

Reaction Score
Uh oh. I just made hotel reservations in Annapolis based on what I read about Military Bowl people at Saturday's game.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Trevi.jpg

As promised:

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I have a partner/friend who is a Stamford graduate. One of his prize possessions is a photograph of a friend and he up high in the Leaning Tower holding a "beat Cal" banner.
That's great!

Oggi Firenze. Domani, Venezia!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
What is the Cure Bowl? Does it cure 6-6 teams from getting shut out of a bowl game?

There is essentially no way we will be shut out of a game. The nagging question will be whether a 5-7 teams takes a "better" "open" bowl spot, e.g. 5-7 Nebraska in the Pinstripe.

Reaction Score
There is essentially no way we will be shut out of a game. The nagging question will be whether a 5-7 teams takes a "better" "open" bowl spot, e.g. 5-7 Nebraska in the Pinstripe.
Exactly. People who want UConn to even be in consideration for the Pinstripe (still an extreme long shot, highly unlikely) should hope for wins by ECU, Tulsa, ODU, SJSU, S. Alabama, La Laf, Georgia State, Washington, and Missouri to get to the 80 bowl eligible teams for the 80 bowl slots, along with all 5 win BIG teams to lose. If I had to pick, I'd say Indiana will win and that locks up the Pinstripe.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
If we get the Pinstripe bowl bid, I guarantee I know of 50 people from our tailgating groups that will attend. That would be by FAR the best case scenario . Playing an ACC team in NYC with 15 - 20k UConn fans in attendance. I am begging the football gods to have this work out.

Is it possible for someone who knows something about this to give a quick list of who we route for to make this happen?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is it possible for someone who knows something about this to give a quick list of who we route for to make this happen?

Ask Sunday morning. It'll be clearer. The short answer is that lots of Big10 teams have to lose. There are 4 of them at 5-6. Of course even then there's no guarantees. They could take one of those 5-7 teams to fill slots. I see that as more likely than reaching out to UConn.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Ask Sunday morning. It'll be clearer. The short answer is that lots of Big10 teams have to lose. There are 4 of them at 5-6. Of course even then there's no guarantees. They could take one of those 5-7 teams to fill slots. I see that as more likely than reaching out to UConn.

According to the article I linked above, I don't think that is true.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
According to the article I linked above, I don't think that is true.

That link is a guess. My guess: It's not a coincidence that they're waiting until after they know what schools are in play to make a decision. That's why I keep going back to Nebraska. If the B1G doesn't fulfill it's allotment, the B1G-alligned bowls will fall over themselves to get the Huskers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have a partner/friend who is a Stamford graduate. One of his prize possessions is a photograph of a friend and he up high in the Leaning Tower holding a "beat Cal" banner.

Did he major in Bobby V's? :)

Husky25

Reaction Score
That link is a guess. My guess: It's not a coincidence that they're waiting until after they know what schools are in play to make a decision. That's why I keep going back to Nebraska. If the B1G doesn't fulfill it's allotment, the B1G-alligned bowls will fall over themselves to get the Huskers.
It is, but it is a highly educated guess, backed up by "sources." It's at least based on something. Some here would discount Brett McMurphy simply because it is an ESPN report, but I don't think he has done anything to lose credibility. He's not Chris Mortensen, for example.

It would defeat the purpose of setting bowl eligible at 6 wins if a 5-7 team can be selected above them. It's counter-intuitive. and different than what happened to Temple and the other FBS teams who were bowl eligible with no invite last year. At least the invitations went to eligible teams. A 5-7 team shouldn't even be a consideration if a 6-6 team is still on the board.

If it comes down to it, I think the Pinstripe Bowl would love to have UConn. Provided the school was smart about pricing the ticket packages, they would be reasonably assured of exhausting the allotment and they would sell even more seats on the secondary market due to proximity. Nebraska fans may sell out their allotment, but how many "walk ups" would they have?

Reaction Score
Okay, from the B1G you want:
Wisconsin over Minnesota
Northwestern over Illinois
Iowa over Nebraska
Purdue over Indiana (least likely of the B1G games).
Those four are absolutes. If all 4 don't happen the B1G will have enough teams to fill the Pinstripe (they'll leave the Detroit Bowl and maybe one other bowl open tho).

And then you want 9 or more of the following to happen as possible to fill the 80 bowl spots (so no 5-7 teams can qualify):
ECU over Cincinnati
Tulsa over Tulane
ODU over FAU
SJSU over Boise
Buffalo over Umass
Washington over Washington State
Missouri over Arkansas
Virginia Tech over Virginia
Kentucky over Louisville
Kansas St over WVU and Kansas
Texas over Texas Tech and Baylor
S. Alabama over either Ga Southern or App State
La Laf over both App State and Troy
Georgia State over both of Troy and Ga Southern

If all this happens, you then have to hope the B1G opts to send teams to both Farm Bowl v P12 in SF and the Gator Bowl v SEC over the Pinstripe Bowl v ACC. Those 3 games are the same tier for BIG and they'd be able to fill 2 of the 3.

So, in short, UConn is a lock for Pinstripe ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger