NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man, Kentucky is a rough team. Just saw a sequence where they had a big fast break while down 6 points, 2 on 1, and the shot they choose to take is a pullup instead of a pass to the other breaker. Airball.
That is the Kentucky team we saw 70% of the year. They got hot briefly but had a feeling they would get punched in the mouth. Well done by Princeton

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Princeton making some bonehead plays and fouls stopping the clock down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Can anyone shoot anymore? Checked out the percentages from today’s games and blown away by %ages in the 20’s and 30’s. Guess mid range jumpers and lay ups are a thing of the past.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So the 2 teams to beat South Carolina this season both lost in the first round? Missouri in WNIT and Kentucky in NCAA.
How is this possible? All the bloviating talking heads have assured me all season that playing in the “tough” and “rugged” SEC was the best possible preparation for the postseason.

The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming.

Reaction Score
Can anyone shoot anymore? Checked out the percentages from today’s games and blown away by %ages in the 20’s and 30’s. Guess mid range jumpers and lay ups are a thing of the past.
You mean it's not only UConn? :rolleyes:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Kentucky's flame out reminds me of Iowa's early exit on the men's side....both teams made big runs in their conference tournament and appeared to be peaking but burnt out by the time they got to the NCAAs.
Also helps when you're exclusively facing overrated conference competition. ;)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How is this possible? All the bloviating talking heads have assured me all season that playing in the “tough” and “rugged” SEC was the best possible preparation for the postseason.

The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming.
I don't think the SEC prepared them as much as their brutal non-conference did. NC State, Maryland, UCONN, and Stanford. After the Mizzou loss they steamrolled everyone in the SEC (aside from @LSU and vs Kentucky in the SEC Tournament). Once Tennessee started tanking it became clear SC was head and shoulders better than anyone else in the conference.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Now LSU is losing to Jackson State....yikes

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't think the SEC prepared them as much as their brutal non-conference did. NC State, Maryland, UCONN, and Stanford. After the Mizzou loss they steamrolled everyone in the SEC (aside from @LSU and vs Kentucky in the SEC Tournament). Once Tennessee started tanking it became clear SC was head and shoulders better than anyone else in the conference.
I'm not talking about South Carolina. I'm talking about the passel of other teams losing.

Reaction Score
I really hate courts that have their benches on the other side of the court (out of camera view). Half the fun is watching the benches/coaches react. Missing that in this Jackson St-LSU game.

Reaction Score
When Tennessee plays a football game breaks out. Texas is the same way
Ya, my Utes can shoot but football's not their forte, at least not in the WBB Tourney. We'll see!

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I'm not talking about South Carolina. I'm talking about the passel of other teams losing.
Gotcha. Early on the conference looked a lot stronger than it did in the latter half of the year. Lots of good OOC wins early on. Seems like every SEC team (aside from SC) started to crumble as March approached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom