NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
hey! u jumped the shark!
'A team needs greater depth to compete.'
that's going to be the mantra for the whole kit, kaboodle, lock, stock, and bagel of wbb after this season is completed as that guy, who they named a pizza franchise after, shows how it's done.
our guy.

This guy??

1647663674064.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
My Mavericks (of UT Arlington) played their hearts out, led by double digits in the first half and put the fear of god in the Iowa State fans. Sun Belt POY Starr Jacobs had 19 points in the losing effort.

Joens had a huge 36 points and Ryan and Donarski added 20 and 14. Those three accounted for 70 out of ISU's 78 points.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Day 1 Totals
SEC 2-2 SC/GA win and Ole Miss/Ark lose
ACC 2-3 Lou/MIA win and GT/VaTech/FSU lose
PAC12 2-1 Stan/Utah win and Col loses
BigTen 2-1 Iowa/MD win and Neb loses
Big12. 4-0 Bay/Tex/ISU/KS win

P5 is 12-7

BigEast 1-1 Creighton wins and DePaul loses

Tomorrow has 15 P5 teams scheduled to play.

Reaction Score
Until they prove otherwise, to me South Carolina is an elite team and the rest of the SEC are pretenders. Mississippi St. was helping carrying the banner for the league while Vic was there but have fallen off a cliff since he left.

That's what I've been saying for four months.

Reaction Score
Until they prove otherwise, to me South Carolina is an elite team and the rest of the SEC are pretenders. Mississippi St. was helping carrying the banner for the league while Vic was there but have fallen off a cliff since he left.
Duck! Shots fired. lol

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Didn’t realize how often she hooks when she gets on that baseline. It was almost every time. Couldn’t believe it wasn’t called. UTA got hosed with some of those calls.
I guess it makes up for getting the short end of the stick last year in the 2nd rose.

Reaction Score
I was ranting for years how the coaches were pretty weak in the SEC for a while but there have been a lot of coaching changes the last two years.

I think Kim will have consistently good teams at LSU but she has done the best she can do given it’s her first year and they won 9 games only the year before.

I love coach Blair but it was time for him to retire. A&M realistically should have a strong program with a good hire

May be an unpopular opinion but Missouri should probably consider making changes if things don’t improve significantly by next year

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You know how much I love mascots... this is from the men's tournament..... and let this be a warning for LSU's mascot today vs Jackson State. Proceed with caution if asked to a dance-off :D random fact #18 Jackson State's mascot is one of the few who have received a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty during a football game.. :eek:

Reaction Score
What I saw today from South Carolina I have no words, I had to double check I was not day dreaming. 6 pts in the 3rd quarter for Howard? I don't even think those historic Uconn teams ever held a team to that. I said that SC might not be happy losing the Sec title game, but it's going to be the best thing that happened to them. That frustration and anger came out of them tonight.

Reaction Score
I would much rather have seen South Dakota State, Drexel,Toledo, Liberty and others in the NCAA than all these middle-of-the-road mediocre P5 teams . I'm only surprised they didn't find a way to include Oregon State and a few more. Not picking on Oregon State who has a very good program - just saying it would be a better tournament with less of these undeserving P5 schools represented. Is it because of the money? A larger fan base? I felt like they bent over backwards trying to find a way to include Duke lol

Reaction Score
Most overrated conference in WCBB.
I mean Virginia Tech lost to Florida Gulf Coast. Just because Arkansas and Ole Miss are gone does not make it overrated. Nobody even had those teams going far. Florida is without their best player I believe too. Sec has a lot of good teams, but they don't have ntl title contenders aside SC. Still Georgia I thought was impressive today vs Dayton. Instead of discrediting the Sec, maybe more ppl shoulda credited the Pac 12, after all I was told it was "overrated" and not worthy of many of the teams in the tournament by a certain user :)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Kim will have consistently good teams at LSU but she has done the best she can do given it’s her first year and they won 9 games only the year before.
No doubt, she has had a very successful year 1 at LSU and I expect it will only get better as she adds recruiting classes and transfers there. Maybe soon they will be true competition with South Carolina at the top of the conference.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What I saw today from South Carolina I have no words, I had to double check I was not day dreaming. 6 pts in the 3rd quarter for Howard? I don't even think those historic Uconn teams ever held a team to that. I said that SC might not be happy losing the Sec title game, but it's going to be the best thing that happened to them. That frustration and anger came out of them tonight.
UConn held St Francis to 4 points in the fourth quarter of its first round game in 2018

Reaction Score
You know how much I love mascots... this is from the men's tournament..... and let this be a warning for LSU's mascot today vs Jackson State. Proceed with caution if asked to a dance-off :D random fact #18 Jackson State's mascot is one of the few who have received a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty during a football game.. :eek:

Wait, how’d the mascot get a penalty?

Reaction Score
I would much rather have seen South Dakota State, Drexel,Toledo, Liberty and others in the NCAA than all these middle-of-the-road mediocre P5 teams . I'm only surprised they didn't find a way to include Oregon State and a few more. Not picking on Oregon State who has a very good program - just saying it would be a better tournament with less of these undeserving P5 schools represented. Is it because of the money? A larger fan base? I felt like they bent over backwards trying to find a way to include Duke lol
Why should Oregon State get a free pass when they did not perform up to the level needed?

Reaction Score
I mean Virginia Tech lost to Florida Gulf Coast. Just because Arkansas and Ole Miss are gone does not make it overrated. Nobody even had those teams going far. Florida is without their best player I believe too. Sec has a lot of good teams, but they don't have ntl title contenders aside SC. Still Georgia I thought was impressive today vs Dayton. Instead of discrediting the Sec, maybe more ppl shoulda credited the Pac 12, after all I was told it was "overrated" and not worthy of many of the teams in the tournament by a certain user :)

Yes, VT lost to FGCU but it was at least competitive and back and forth the entire time. South Dakota and Utah dominated both games from pretty much start to finish. Whether Ole Miss was projected to go far or not, this is a team that finished top 4 in that conference. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see the majority of SEC teams lose in the other first round matchups today. One thing I’ve noticed is a lot of SEC teams struggle guarding the 3ball. I’m wondering if it’s largely due to most of those teams not facing many perimeter oriented offenses in conference.

With the Pac12, I think it’s been the best conference in WCBB for a while now. Tournament success isn’t the only indicator, but one could argue in recent years the Pac12 as a whole has experienced the most success. I’m not sure why the conception is what it is but I’m sure it’s due to many people just not watching the games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, VT lost to FGCU but it was at least competitive and back and forth the entire time. South Dakota and Utah dominated both games from pretty much start to finish. Whether Ole Miss was projected to go far or not, this is a team that finished top 4 in that conference. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see the majority of SEC teams lose in the other first round matchups today. One thing I’ve noticed is a lot of SEC teams struggle guarding the 3ball. I’m wondering if it’s largely due to most of those teams not facing many perimeter oriented offenses in conference.

With the Pac12, I think it’s been the best conference in WCBB for a while now. Tournament success isn’t the only indicator, but one could argue in recent years the Pac12 as a whole has experienced the most success. I’m not sure why the conception is what it is but I’m sure it’s due to many people just not watching the games.
yea next year expect it to be the best undeniable. Usc will be much better, and Ucla is gonna be the most fun team to watch

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
yea next year expect it to be the best undeniable. Usc will be much better, and Ucla is gonna be the most fun team to watch
I think I agree with you on one out of two - Rice will transform UCLA from day one.

But U$C is going to be a dumpster fire now that all their McD's A-As are transferring, and their one top recruit, Aaliyah Gayles, purportedly has only committed but not signed with them yet, which is never a good sign when we're in March of a recruit's senior year...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Hey hey hey :mad:. That last comment wasn't necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle