NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At what point does the term mid-major become obsolete? It's almost disrespectful...intended or not.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

A reminder that game threads aren’t allowed on the Boneyard. Use the chat room

If there is a UCONN game going on... can general users use the Men's Football or Basketball Chat Room?? Asking for a bunch of friends.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

If there is a UCONN game going on... can general users use the Men's Football or Basketball Chat Room?? Asking for a bunch of friends.

Football is a good choice except for signing day and the spring game (Blue-White game) on April 21

Reaction Score
Fitting end to a bizarre Oregon season. They never shot the ball as well as what was expected from this group all season.
Graves has issues himself. Gotten fat and lazy during covid. Can't see him coaching as long as Tara or Geno. I don't think the passion is there like it was pre Sabrina and during the Sabrina era. Hopefully he makes a planned transition to his cabin in Eastern Oregon after a few more years and Oregon has a nice succession plan in place. They guy can recruit as well as anyone. I will give him that. Not the guy that Oregon had originally hired

Reaction Score
Pac-12 and the SEC out here dropping like flies and these were the top ranked conferences according to Net. Big-12 looking like the best conference so far.

Reaction Score
Considering that UConn just held Mercer, a higher seeded team than Howard, to zero points in the third quarter, I suppose that means you are even more impressed with how a season of adversity might have been an even better thing to have happened to UConn.
It happens sometime. SC has held UConn to 2 and 3-point quarters. Held Texas who was a higher seed than Mercer to 0 points in the 4th quarter in the elite 8.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting to note that the Wichita regional 4 second round games each have a 'crasher' #9 Gonzaga, #10 South Dakota, #11 Villanova, and #12 Belmont.

Spokane has only one #12 FGCU

and so far:
Greensboro has only 1 #10 Creighton with two games to play and an upset watch for UNC at the moment as they are tied with SFA
and
Bridgeport has two with #9 KSU and #11 Princeton with two games to play.

Reaction Score
Interesting to note that the Wichita regional 4 second round games each have a 'crasher' #9 Gonzaga, #10 South Dakota, #11 Villanova, and #12 Belmont.

Spokane has only one #12 FGCU

and so far:
Greensboro has only 1 #10 Creighton with two games to play and an upset watch for UNC at the moment as they are tied with SFA
and
Bridgeport has two with #9 KSU and #11 Princeton with two games to play.
Forget KSU. They only won because Wash State was so bad. Teder 0-10 plus just not being with it. She was carrying them a few games this year. No one showed up but C. Ledger-Walker. She scored 20 of the 40 total team points.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
It happens sometimes. SC has held UConn to 2 and 3-point quarters. Held Texas who was a higher seed than Mercer to 0 points in the 4th quarter in the elite 8.
Lol. You thought this was a post about comparing UConn to SC, when it was about addressing the relentless, pessimistic blinders adorned by a fellow UConn fan.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Pac 12 has been kicking butt for years, so I guess they were due for a clunker post season performance. I don't like it at all though.
Colorado and Washington State didn't exactly light it up either.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I think you should carry on a conversation with yourself during a UConn game and just get completely ignored. Or maybe they would start yelling at you.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado didn't exactly light it up either.
I was including them. 3 teams out in the 1st Round, all higher seeded (although 8 vs. 9 really doesn't count as an upset). For years the conference did a great job of living up to their seeds at the very least, and many over performed. This year they didn't do that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
North Carolina surged past SFA in Q4. I guess non P5s can't win EVERY game.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I was including them. 3 teams out in the 1st Round, all higher seeded (although 8 vs. 9 really doesn't count as an upset). For years the conference did a great job of living up to their seeds at the very least, and many over performed. This year they didn't do that.
Well, you know I've been a cheerleader for the PAC 12 for any number of years. Even though they may be a little down this year IMO they're still better than the B1G 10, the ACC, and the BIG 12...and it ain't like the HS talent is shying away from the conference.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Looka Olivia Miles with the triple double today. I've stated a bunch of times that I'm a fan of that kid. When this young woman becomes a junior and senior....

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Pac 12 has been kicking butt for years, so I guess they were due for a clunker post season performance. I don't like it at all though.
I've kind of expected it, honestly. When your conference tournament 2 seed is WSU, who lost to NC State and Oregon by more than the total points they scored today, you know it was a down season for the conference.

All things considered, I've thought the Big 12 has had the greatest share of quality teams of any conference this year, and that seems to be bearing fruit in the tournament. I'm probably unusually superstitious but I think Kansas is going to be much more competitive against the Cardinal tomorrow than the Vegas line is anticipating.

Reaction Score
Lol. You thought this was a post about comparing UConn to SC, when it was about addressing the relentless, pessimistic blinders adorned by a fellow UConn fan.
I did and my apologizes. That being said neither was really that impressive. Teams go on scoring droughts all the time. It just looks worse when it starts and ends a quarter.

Reaction Score
Well, you know I've been a cheerleader for the PAC 12 for any number of years. Even though they may be a little down this year IMO they're still better than the B1G 10, the ACC, and the BIG 12...and it ain't like the HS talent is shying away from the conference.
Go Utes!

Reaction Score
How is this possible? I was told over and over again, via mantras like "every game's a dogfight" and "no nights off", that the teams from these highly regarded conferences would never lose to an underdog like Belmont from the lowly Ohio Valley Conference.

The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

This is gonna be a great couple weeks!

Reaction Score
That is the Kentucky team we saw 70% of the year. They got hot briefly but had a feeling they would get punched in the mouth. Well done by Princeton
And Rhyne with a 4 for 14 finish to her Kentucky career. Remember last year when an underdog Iowa team thrashed Rhyne and her teammates in the Round of 32 (setting up the Hawkeyes' own demise at the hands of UConn). Two straight bad exits from the NCAA for Rhyne and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom