Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ole-Miss-Crying-Jordan-e1476615397924.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
#10 South Dakota drubs #7 Ole Miss.
#10 Creighton humbles #7 Colorado.

I have no idea how this could possibly happen, since folks on this board have told me repeatedly that membership in a "really tough" conference like the SEC or Pac-12 — where "every game is a dogfight" and there are "no nights off" — was an insurmountable advantage for the NCAA Tournament?

The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming me.
Creighton as a team was 50/40/90 Impressive.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and VTech may be the next favorite to fall.

Reaction Score
#10 South Dakota drubs #7 Ole Miss.
#10 Creighton humbles #7 Colorado.

I have no idea how this could possibly happen, since folks on this board have told me repeatedly that membership in a "really tough" conference like the SEC or Pac-12 — where "every game is a dogfight" and there are "no nights off" — was an insurmountable advantage for the NCAA Tournament?

The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming me.

Kudos to South Dakota. Forcing Austin to shoot 3/16 from the field. Don't see that too often.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
South Carolina shot 35% and won by 58 points. Can't image that has ever happened before.

Helps when you are +40 on the boards.

Reaction Score
South Carolina shot 35% and won by 58 points. Can't image that has ever happened before.

Helps when you are +40 on the boards.
Maybe some rust, but SC guard play was not good. I'm talking starters against an obviously inferior team. Pack the paint and keep rebounding close and SC is ripe for the taking. Dawn didn't seem concerned, but that had to be her public face.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maybe some rust, but SC guard play was not good. I'm talking starters against an obviously inferior team. Pack the paint and keep rebounding close and SC is ripe for the taking. Dawn didn't seem concerned, but that had to be her public face.

Keeping rebounding close is like asking seals to stay in a fight with Jaws.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And a #5 seed from the ACC goes down in flames despite the heroic efforts of its All-American.

In addition to Florida State's whipping at the hands of a Missouri State team that had lost two starters to injury, today higher-seeded teams from the ACC, SEC, and Pac-12 have already fallen in the first batch of games completed ... if only their all their teams were as good as their bloated budgets would suggest.

Reaction Score
Too bad for Kitley, just didnt get enough help from her teammates.
Kierstan Bell is very good
FGCU had 1 or 2 losses for weeks and at times fell out of the top 25. I'm sure they felt disrespected. Kierstan is a first rounder.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
On opening day, the two most intriguing matchups for me are...

Miami vs. South Florida
Virginia Tech vs. Florida-Gulf Coast
Got it half right had USF and FGCU. So far there has been 3 P5 schools lose today. First #12 FGCU takes out #5 VT then #10 Crieghton vs #7 Colorado and #10 South Dakota vs Ole Miss. Still believe that All conferences should be limited to no more than 6 teams.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Amazing that FGCU was able to hang on despite Bell picking up her 4th foul in the 3rd quarter and another of their starters fouled out with over 6:00 left.

Once again, the general mediocrity of the ACC made Virginia Tech appear to be a better team than they are. Outside of their conference they got destroyed by Missouri State and lost to Liberty and FGCU. Wouldn't have even made the NCAA Tournament if their conference wasn't so lowkey soft.

Reaction Score
Happy for Creighton and the big east. They are a very well coached team and definitely earned their bid. I actually think a matchup with Iowa will be very entertaining. Creighton seems to have the ability to hit enough shots to keep up with Iowa.

Reaction Score
Once again, the general mediocrity of the ACC made Virginia Tech appear to be a better team than they are. Outside of their conference they got destroyed by Missouri State and lost to Liberty and FGCU. Wouldn't have even made the NCAA Tournament if their conference wasn't so lowkey soft.
Not defending the ACC and VT's loss but FGCU is a damn good team, certainly not a 12 caliber seed to me... I knew as soon as I saw that bracket, I knew trouble was brewing.

Reaction Score
Not defending the ACC and VT's loss but FGCU is a damn good team, certainly not a 12 caliber seed to me... I knew as soon as I saw that bracket, I knew trouble was brewing.
Was thinking the same thing. I was surprised they were a double digit seed.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A real disservice to them as well as their opponent.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Zags finally win a Tourney game. After going to the Sweet 16 in their first appearance w/ Coach Fortier, their Tourney record had been poor. Last year's loss was especially perplexing.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, I actually thought Nebraska was a little under-seeded at 8. No big deal, Gonzaga smokes them in round one by 13 points anyway.

Yet another higher-seeded "power 5" team falls to a non-p5 team.

Shout-out to the Truong sisters. Alums of Jersey Village High School in Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom