Lubin Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lubin Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A little surprised by this since he was expected to be a bit of a long term project from the beginning, with the plan seeming to be that the fruits of his development would show themselves in Years 3 and 4. With his lack of height I expected a little more of a Jeff Adrien hunger out of him but never really saw it. Good luck to him and his family.

Reaction Score
Wish he got to see a little more playing time this year. He didn't play too bad out there. Wishing the Rock best of luck wherever he ends up.

Reaction Score
I'll chime in too just to support the kid. I like him and am disappointed. I thought he could be a good player for us and I wish he was staying. He was the least of my worries regarding the younger players. Good hands, big body, good IQ. He won't be hard to turn into a steady
contributor. Good luck Rock!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Georgia State, anyone?
When their coach leaves for a better school this year will there be any appeal to Georgia State? Probably part of the reason his son is turning pro.

Reaction Score
And it begins.

We will see what this staff is made of this spring. Anyone watching this tournament who doesn't think UConn needs a roster upgrade is not being honest. Whether it's Europe or transfers we need help and contributors for next season.

If you watch UCONN MBB over the years you see we are a team that has to grow into a contender, which usually take about 3 years.. then we win it all... It's hard to win back to back to back Nat'l Championships at this level of College MBB... Unless we can get a bunch of boosters like they get at Kentucky that can throw a bunch of $$$ around...

We'll be fine... the kids we have just need to mesh... This ain't a Pro team... To win it all as often as we have over the past 27 years ('88 NIT, then '99, '04, '11, '14 NCAAs) without a 5 or 6 McD AA's on the squad (at times, 0 AAs) how can you be mad?

Reaction Score
He def wasn't taking minutes from enoch so good for him.

Reaction Score
I'll chime in too just to support the kid. I like him and am disappointed. I thought he could be a good player for us and I wish he was staying. He was the least of my worries regarding the younger players. Good hands, big body, good IQ. He won't be hard to turn into a steady
contributor. Good luck Rock!

I 2nd that... I thought by year 3 he'd be a monster on the boards for us.. He envisioned him as more of an energy guy in the middle next season. I wish him well wherever he ends up...

Reaction Score
Sad to see him go - he played with some spunk.

Is this an inverse pink slip?

Reaction Score
Why do parents try to become famous based on what their child has accomplished? They just get in the way.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Rock. I thought he'd have a chance to really contribute in years 3 and 4. Glad his mom clarified that there are no hard feelings and have no ill will toward the program, coaches, or fans.

OT: I hate when posters write "KF" because the first name that pops into mind is Kevin Freeman and we need a guy like that on the court.

Reaction Score
Why do parents try to become famous based on what their child has accomplished? They just get in the way.

Why do people assume that the mother is trying to get famous instead of the possibility that he prefers to allow his mother to be his spokesperson?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm sad to see him go, as I think he could have developed into a nice supporting player for us, but the fact that he couldn't earn major minutes on this team says a lot, I guess.

Reaction Score
Sad to see Rock and my dreams of him developing into our own Montrezl 2.0 depart.

However, the last time we had a bulky PF with an, um, highly communicative parent (hey Mr. Oriakhi) transfer out and leave us with a skinny, yet-to-be proven PF (DD), things worked out pretty well a couple years later. So there's that.

Reaction Score
Saw it in his face way too much. Wanted to play more and was too far from home.

Seems like a super kid, wants to work hard and will be good for the right program. best of luck to Rock - I think he could've been a nice player here eventually but who can fault the kid.

Take care of him mom, he'll do well!!

Reaction Score
Saw it in his face way too much. Wanted to play more and was too far from home.

Seems like a super kid, wants to work hard and will be good for the right program. best of luck to Rock - I think he could've been a nice player here eventually but who can fault the kid.

Take care of him mom, he'll do well!!
Not to mention another 4 (Enoch) has just stepped in front of him in the rotation. When you're option #4 for a single position, can't blame you for looking elsewhere if you want to play

Reaction Score
Not to mention another 4 (Enoch) has just stepped in front of him in the rotation. When you're option #4 for a single position, can't blame you for looking elsewhere if you want to play

That's on him though to a point. He should believe he can take Enoch, Facey and Nolans minutes if he has a good summer. But I don't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom