Lubin Transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lubin Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So this is the board meltdown that Zionn prophesied?

Reaction Score
This is good for Rock and for UConn. I like the kid and as someone mentioned, Georgia State would be a great landing spot.

Reaction Score
When their coach leaves for a better school this year will there be any appeal to Georgia State? Probably part of the reason his son is turning pro.
RJ Hunter is going pro because he's a guaranteed first round draft pick.

Reaction Score
I really agree with the post early that now u can potentially take one of those 3-star pg or if brown reclassifies u now can take him AND the necessary 3 pt marksman and banger. While I had hopes for Rak, this really is good for him and the program as it gives the staff tremendous flexibility.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I hope he lands at an SEC schools and kicks the hell out of UK at least once. Good luck to the kid wherever life takes him.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I liked Rock, and would have liked to see him get some more playing time. I'm sure he would have liked to have gotten more PT too, and that's likely the reason for the decision to move on.

Good luck Rock, wherever you end up.

Reaction Score
That's on him though to a point. He should believe he can take Enoch, Facey and Nolans minutes if he has a good summer. But I don't blame him.

What reason would he have to think that? Nolan was entrenched despite producing nearly nothing all year.

Reaction Score
He was entrenched because he did things others can't and didn't do. Not sure you watch anything but the box score but he was a better option than Rock most of the time.

Is that the go-to insult around here? You disagree with me, therefore you don't watch the games? You think I'm on here all day posting about basketball, but I don't watch any?

Nolan sucked out loud most of the season. He was slightly less terrible at the end of the year, but he was a pretty strong negative most of the season. He wasn't as bad as his stats would suggest (they would suggest he's not a D1 player, let alone a high-major D1 player), but he was definitely a bad player. That Lubin couldn't steal any of those minutes was evidence that there wasn't any realistic path to him getting on the court regularly. Adding another player to the mix pretty much guaranteed that Lubin wasn't getting minutes next year, and there was no positive attitude that was going to change that. If he ever wants to be so much as a rotation player, he needs to be somewhere else.

Reaction Score
This was predictable as soon as he signed the LOI -- he was never a UConn-caliber player, even with our frontcourt talent as badly diminished as it is.

Wish him luck in the Sun Belt or wherever he ends up.

Reaction Score
He was entrenched because he did things others can't and didn't do. Not sure you watch anything but the box score but he was a better option than Rock most of the time.

I am firmly of the opinion that most who KNOCK Nolan don't know the Interior Positioning required to be a Division One basketball player. Nolan was someone you could consistently count on. Facey - not really. Lubin leaving makes me sad; because I believe he could be developed into something solid with UConn.

Reaction Score
He wasnt as tall in shape or athletic as I thought he was off watching his high school games but he was a tough kid who could help any team. He needs to really lose 25 pounds and take a look at his body in HS and get back there. I think he could be a surprise get for a mid major and three years of cultivating--he should be a nice piece for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom