Lubin Transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lubin Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Big upside for this kid. Sad to see him go. Maybe he reconsiders.

Reaction Score
Classy. Don't understand all these posters taking shots at Lubin as he's transferring.

Not a shot at him, just a sober assessment of the situation for all parties. He was a stretch for us, and we were a reach for him.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if he'll reconsider. Judging by this thread, the fans want him to stay. I think he'll probably transfer to Maryland on account of the weather.

Reaction Score
Is that the go-to insult around here? You disagree with me, therefore you don't watch the games? You think I'm on here all day posting about basketball, but I don't watch any?

Nolan sucked out loud most of the season. He was slightly less terrible at the end of the year, but he was a pretty strong negative most of the season. He wasn't as bad as his stats would suggest (they would suggest he's not a D1 player, let alone a high-major D1 player), but he was definitely a bad player. That Lubin couldn't steal any of those minutes was evidence that there wasn't any realistic path to him getting on the court regularly. Adding another player to the mix pretty much guaranteed that Lubin wasn't getting minutes next year, and there was no positive attitude that was going to change that. If he ever wants to be so much as a rotation player, he needs to be somewhere else.

Nolan gave good minutes down the stretch. He was solid.

Reaction Score
Not a shot at him, just a sober assessment of the situation for all parties. He was a stretch for us, and we were a reach for him.
That's not what it was, or Sun Belt comment doesn't come out.

Regardless, this is not the place. The kid played hard here for a year and contributed well at times. Wish him luck wherever he goes, move on.

Reaction Score
Nolan gave good minutes down the stretch. He was solid.

I'll agree to disagree. I think the expectations for him had dropped so low than anything positive he did stood out. I still don't think he was even an average player during that stretch.

Reaction Score
Sad to see Rock and my dreams of him developing into our own Montrezl 2.0 depart.

However, the last time we had a bulky PF with an, um, highly communicative parent (hey Mr. Oriakhi) transfer out and leave us with a skinny, yet-to-be proven PF (DD), things worked out pretty well a couple years later. So there's that.
Montrezl?

Reaction Score
As has been my mantra all season, Nolan's most important contributions don't show up on the stat sheet.

Exactly. He plays great defense. Look what he did to Adreian Payne and Dakari Johnson in the tournament last year.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
At some point Nolan needed to start filling out the stat sheet a little more. He didn't.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
D'Marcus Simonds re-tweeted that Lubin is leaving UCONN. Does he know him? Interesting.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Good luck Rakim. Understandable that you want a better situation.

Reaction Score
Lubin is not only seeing Facey ahead but Nolan. We really don't know if he could have jumped ahead of Nolan because he never got the chance. For whatever reason KO is riding into the sunset with Phil as first off the bench, a guy who can't rebound or make layups inside 3 feet. Can't blame Lubin and wish him well.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lubin is not only seeing Facey ahead but Nolan. We really don't know if he could have jumped ahead of Nolan because he never got the chance. For whatever reason KO is riding into the sunset with Phil as first off the bench, a guy who can't rebound or make layups inside 3 feet. Can't blame Lubin and wish him well.

Did you watch the end of the season? Nolan was doing both of those things at a higher level than Lubin was.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I think he was the one big who improved this season. He lacked height but if you gave him more minutes he would do some rebound damage.

Facey has potential but is he willing to make a serious commitment to improve? Brimah - please get him a Big mans coach to toughen him up and a strength coach to give him some leverage in his lower body when boxing out.

Our recruiting has been in a quiet period since last summer. I have yet to see an article saying what the problem(s) are.

I won't state the obvious - but we took no advantage of the bounce after winning the National Championship and we have no closer and no strategy it seems. A staff change is needed desperately.

Reaction Score
Might have something to do with Nolan being a better defender and setting screens better than Lubin, the boxscore can't show you that but watching a game certainly can. Who knows maybe Lubin could have surpassed him the same way Nolan surpassed Olander, Lubin certainly had his positive moments but last year he was not consistently better in those two areas than Nolan was.

Reaction Score
The one positive here is that we can use a scholarship on one of the 3-star PGs for depth, and still have two more scholarships to hopefully upgrade with transfers.
This just sounds sad to be honest. This is what this program has come to?

Reaction Score
Isn't Lubin from GA and Simonds from Mississippi?
Simonds is from GA, Lubin transferred to the same school his senior year, KO offered Simonds after going down to watch Lubin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom