Leadership this coming season | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Leadership this coming season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would read it as "we have depth at leadership this year".

Boat was a leader, but I think everyone deferred to him too much. I think they step out of his shadow this year

Not Boat's fault, it just was what it was
This.

Based upon my 1.3 hours of viewing, I think you had a lot of pieces that didn't quite come all the way together. I'm not sure anyone was going to make that happen. Boat played hard. The other guys did defer to him, but that's to be expected with his national rep and NC ring.

This year the dynamic is going to be different. It isn't going to be up to one guy to bale us out and we have a lot of maturity and experience spread around the team. I think that the point Donny was making.

Reaction Score
Posting dick length here brings new meaning to The Boneyard, and I don't know if I want to be a part of it.
We had the "any ladies wanna meet up?' thread in the FB forum. Then we had the "threesome" thread in the CR forum. It's only natural that such a post has come to pass. Just be glad dude didn't decide to make a whole thread about it.

God, summer really gets people riled up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A couple of days after Shabazz signed with UConn in the spring I was lucky enough to meet George Blaney and have a one on one half hour conversation about the team and the new addition. He said that the team that previous year was missing leadership in the locker room and that fans were going to love Shabazz because of the swagger and the fact that he might even bring leadership as a freshman because he held teammates accountable. He was very self satisfied with the addition of Shabazz in terms of his talent and leadership being a perfect match to what the team needed. As it turned out, no one would now doubt that Kemba owned that team and stepped forward as a great leader, yet for whatever reason had not exerted himself in that role previously. Even a player like Shabazz with leadership skills himself, enrolled 100% behind Kemba. My point being that leadership could come from an existing player on the team like Purvis or Brimah that deferred to Boat, or from our experienced 5th year players like Gibbs and Miller, but, like Shabazz and El Amin before him, I believe Jalen Adams will either support the leader or step in and do it himself. Whenever I have seen him he is directing things the way El Amin did even during pickup games on his official visit. He takes the clutch game deciding shots and makes them like Shabazz. He spits in the eye of precocious competitors like Isiah Briscoe and says bring it on. At the same time he is all about team and keeps feeding the hot hand of a teammate and distributes the glory. I have no doubt we will be lead this year by proven players with Adams 100% enrolled (a la Shabazz), or Adams will fill the void himself by earning the respect of the team, (El Amin).
I'm not saying I caught a little wood reading this post, but I'm not saying I didn't either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sorry fellas. You guys had me backed into a corner. I had to call up the big guns and it's tough to top a pe*** joke/comment. My years of internet research has taught me that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Posting dick length here brings new meaning to The Boneyard, and I don't know if I want to be a part of it.

I don't think 3 would appreciate this.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Not sure who Chief is, but I'm ok with who I am (7" pe***...which isn't so bad for a white guy).
Well, this guy just one upped SouthTampaBill.

(I think it was Bill but my memory is fuzzy)

Reaction Score
Well, this guy just one upped SouthTampaBill.

(I think it was Bill but my memory is fuzzy)
Tampa is a city of questionable morals, so that's probably not easy to do and I'll take it as a complement...in a questionable morals kind of way.

Reaction Score
If I had known what kind of discussions the original post would have spawned I don't think I would have posted it. Smh.

We should maybe just change this to the "SpawnYard"? LOL

Where else can you have this much cyber fun c'mon Hoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom