Larrier Visited UConn Today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Larrier Visited UConn Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
If we land Larrier, King is an afterthought if he chooses Louisville. It won't matter. We need a point guard (Gilbert), a wing (Larrier), a project big (Diarra), an immediate impact big (Schnider Herard?), and maybe one of Bruce Brown, Tyrique Jones, or Mario Kegler.

Reaction Score
I agree anyone can become "better" but not everyone can become "good"!

Sam can only get better right, but he will never be called a good shooter. Adequate maybe but that's okay, it's better.
A slasher like T-Sam only has to be good enough for the D not to sag on him

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If we land Larrier, King is an afterthought if he chooses Louisville. It won't matter. We need a point guard (Gilbert), a wing (Larrier), a project big (Diarra), an immediate impact big (Schnider Herard?), and maybe one of Bruce Brown, Tyrique Jones, or Mario Kegler.
I want Mustapha Heron.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Latest delightful tidbit from the VCU board: they're convinced that KO was recruiting him while he was still on scholarship there. They also think that's true for Purvis, Miller, and Gibbs, and want the NCAA investigating our staff for tampering.

Why pay money for Netflix and cable when you can get good comedy like that with a simple internet connection?

caw

Reaction Score
Latest delightful tidbit from the VCU board: they're convinced that KO was recruiting him while he was still on scholarship there. They also think that's true for Purvis, Miller, and Gibbs, and want the NCAA investigating our staff for tampering.

Why pay money for Netflix and cable when you can get good comedy like that with a simple internet connection?

Well we know it definitely false for Miller. Columbus's coach said so. Gibbs it may be technically true but good luck proving it since he came up on his brothers official visit. I doubt he was recruiting Larrier or Purvis while they were on scholarship. On the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised if either had reached out to UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pretending we didn't reach out to purvis before he asked for his release seems silly to me. AS SOON as he announced he was transferring, the rumor took off he was a husky. Gibbs is different because he went on his brothers visit.

Reaction Score
Pretending we didn't reach out to purvis before he asked for his release seems silly to me. AS SOON as he announced he was transferring, the rumor took off he was a husky. Gibbs is different because he went on his brothers visit.

UConn and N.C. State were his final two, correct? It doesn't seem like much of a stretch to think that Purvis had UConn on his mind before he decided to transfer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Who cares?

Leave the nonsense from another board on that board.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UConn and N.C. State were his final two, correct? It doesn't seem like much of a stretch to think that Purvis had UConn on his mind before he decided to transfer.
Of course. I'm thinking rumor got out among the college basketball landscape(before we found out) purvis was going to ask for his release, at least had UConn and probably others high on his list, than ollie verified that interest and got him to commit shortly after he was released... Just a guess...

Reaction Score
VCU was a decent program with Smart, without him, they're an afterthought.

"Havoc" used to be a reference to their high energy defensive scheme, now it's a reference to the state of their program. The longer you've been reading these boards the more you've heard fans of Johnny come lately programs bad mouth uconn. It used to cost me sleep but now it's just entertaining. All I care about is winning number 5.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Ill give those VCU lunatics credit they use "UConn" rather than Uconn or UCONN like 90%of the boards (including ours)

UCONN is the official way to write it since they worked on the logo and lettering

Reaction Score
Only for the wordmark should UCONN be used. Other than that, UConn is how it should be written.

Thank you. UCONN just looks ridiculous. It's either UConn or Uconn.

Reaction Score
I could guess, but please define wordmark for me.
Not entirely sure how to define it, but this is the wordmark:
uconn-blue-single.jpg
http://brand.uconn.edu/standards/wordmark-and-logos/

And here's where UConn makes the clarification: http://brand.uconn.edu/standards/fonts/

Outside of these minor restrictions, simply utilize discretion when choosing fonts that complement the UConn brand. Please note that when used in cases other than the wordmark, the word UConn should simply be written as ‘UConn’ not ‘UCONN’.

Reaction Score
One of the insiders here who I believe is supposed to have a connection with someone on the staff has given an, albeit cryptic, indication that it isn't looking very good with King. Sources can be wrong and things can change but he is apparently Louisville's to lose right now. I imagine a lot can change if we get him on campus though.

On the Ville premium site, their writer indicated that there was no clear leader after his visit and that it's still very early in the process for king to have a leader.

Some people claim to have insider info, but their writer didn't seem to know where he stood, which is it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I could guess, but please define wordmark for me.

Long story made short ...

"UConn" is how the university's style guide directs you to refer to the university in print.

The word mark is a graphical logo meant for bumper stickers, football helmets and the onesies that you buy your newborn nieces and nephews because you're lazy and unimaginative in your gift-giving......

UConn_Wordmark_2013.jpg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads