Larrier Visited UConn Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier Visited UConn Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Didn't see him play, but is he really an NBA prospect? Averaged 6.5/3 at VCU.
He needs a lot of work, but his upside is "3-and-D" NBA guy.

He's different from Hamilton, who is much less athletic but much more skilled.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He came to Uconn today because it's my birthday. I don't want to brag, but I gave out some P5-esque goodie bags.

We'd really be curb stomping VCU if we land Gibbs, Diarra, and Larrier all back to back. The VCU board is convinced Ollie is jumping to the NBA ASAP, and that Larrier would be going against his word by committing to Maryland. Regardless, sucks to be VCU, who can't even beat URI in recruiting battles that they're "positive" they have already won.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As it stands right now, we only have 2 scholarships remaining for 2015, and 6 for 2016 (2 open + Gibbs, Miller, Nolan & Calhoun leaving). If Larrier commits, he counts toward 2015, so we'd have one left for 2015. If Diarra commits tomorrow, he counts toward 2016, and we'd have 2 schollies remaining for 2015, and 5 for 2016.
Wouldn't we have 4 remaining for 2016 if larrier and diarra commit (barring Dham/purvis/brimah all returning)?
1. Dham
2. Brimah
3. Purvis
4. Adams
5. Enoch
6. Cassell
7. Larrier
8. Diarra
9. Facey
10/11/12/13. OPEN

Reaction Score
Will this be the new Stone 100 page thread? Drama awaits. . . . . . . . . .

Reaction Score
Wouldn't we have 4 remaining for 2016 if larrier and diarra commit (barring Dham/purvis/brimah all returning)?
1. Dham
2. Brimah
3. Purvis
4. Adams
5. Enoch
6. Cassell
7. Larrier
8. Diarra
9. Facey
10/11/12/13. OPEN

Think TCF's statement was an either/or situation, not if both commit, so just my hunch. I had to read it twice, but if both commit, then we're down to 4 recruits for 2016. It's nice to have options & bring in the next wave of players who can contribute.

I'd love to have 2 transfers waiting in the wing in Larrier & Chukwu... then another 4 players to bring in for the 2016 class. Less crowded.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Think TCF's statement was an either/or situation, not if both commit, so just my hunch. I had to read it twice, but if both commit, then we're down to 4 recruits for 2016. It's nice to have options & bring in the next wave of players who can contribute.

I'd love to have 2 transfers waiting in the wing in Larrier & Chukwu... then another 4 players to bring in for the 2016 class. Less crowded.
I don't like bringing in 'waves' of recruits. That was my one pet peave with Jim Calhoun. He always brought in large classes every few years and when they left, the cupboard was bare and we'd have a couple down years. I prefer the Coach K approach of bringing in 3 or so per year, not 5.

Reaction Score
I'd love to take credit for this, but there were a couple of other folks on here who had this and just can keep their mouths shut.

He wrote that in late 2014. You know what made me smile wide in late 2014? Having won four national titles since the dot.com boom. That made me smile wide in late 2014.

Reaction Score
I don't like bringing in 'waves' of recruits. That was my one pet peave with Jim Calhoun. He always brought in large classes every few years and when they left, the cupboard was bare and we'd have a couple down years. I prefer the Coach K approach of bringing in 3 or so per year, not 5.

'Wave' was a generic statement... which is why I stated it's nice to bring in 2 guys waiting in the wing. Possibly transfers in Larrier & Chukwu sitting out next season & sophomores eligibility wise for 2016/2017 & another 4 recruits for the next class (Freshmen 2016/2017), so the classes are staggered, not 6 new Freshmen recruits at once. Think we're on the same page with that???

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Please, Please, Please!!!! Let it be so.
images

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Want Larrier so bad!

Would love for my contact to be wrong about this staff!!!

Great, another guy with a contact who has issues with our staff.

I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that your contact is either 100% wrong or doesn't actually exist. Either way, I'm sure Coach is willing to hear their criticism face to face.

140330213742-kevin-ollie-getty3-single-image-cut.jpg

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I 100% agree with this, and it's one of the reasons I'm (still) sad Samuel transferred out. I think the best programs will be the types that get strong 3- and 4-man recruiting classes every year with one or two stars and one or two guys who develop slowly over the course of 3 or 4 seasons.

That said, we all work with what we've got. And I think both our recruiting and our program as a whole are going in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Great, another guy with a contact who has issues with our staff.

I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you that your contact is either 100% wrong or doesn't actually exist. Either way, I'm sure Coach is willing to hear their criticism face to face.

140330213742-kevin-ollie-getty3-single-image-cut.jpg
When I say staff I mean he says KO does it all, the assistants don't do much. I have ZERO issues and full faith in KO. When is the last time u read a story where a recruit praised Ricky or Miller like they did when we had Tom Moore.

U r crazy if u don't think the assistants need to step up. I hope they do, they r guys we loved as players - we all want the same things, wins on the recruiting trail to give us enough to push for #5!

Reaction Score
When I say staff I mean he says KO does it all, the assistants don't do much. I have ZERO issues and full faith in KO. When is the last time u read a story where a recruit praised Ricky or Miller like they did when we had Tom Moore.

U r crazy if u don't think the assistants need to step up. I hope they do, they r guys we loved as players - we all want the same things, wins on the recruiting trail to give us enough to push for #5!
For the last two weeks we have a great recuiter... Andre Drummonds

caw

Reaction Score

Someone got Gilbert on campus. I want to say Ricky, but I'm not 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom