Larrier Visited UConn Today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Larrier Visited UConn Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
When I say staff I mean he says KO does it all, the assistants don't do much. I have ZERO issues and full faith in KO. When is the last time u read a story where a recruit praised Ricky or Miller like they did when we had Tom Moore.

Unless you're the parent of a recruit for whom our assistants didn't put in the time/contact you enough to suggest they were doing a good job, you have absolutely no basis for this. Or if you're on staff (or the family member of someone on staff who hears this at the dinner table).

Those online recruiting stories have very little informational value. If you took them as the truth, then all recruits we ever touched would have committed on the spot because they loved Ollie so much. Things are looking up for our recruiting - get over the fact that we missed on those SFs, because the program has moved on.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
When I say staff I mean he says KO does it all, the assistants don't do much. I have ZERO issues and full faith in KO. When is the last time u read a story where a recruit praised Ricky or Miller like they did when we had Tom Moore.

U r crazy if u don't think the assistants need to step up. I hope they do, they r guys we loved as players - we all want the same things, wins on the recruiting trail to give us enough to push for #5!

Not trying to bust your chops, Rip. But any "source" who would share those types of thoughts are the biggest issue our Program might have.

If you are truly a fan of our Program I suggest you get back in the foxhole with the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Anybody see the comparison to Dorian Finney-Smith with Larrier? It seems to me they're similar players of similar build that both struggled their freshman seasons - relatively speaking - and transferred. Finney-Smith has evolved into a tremendous player for Florida and with an entire year for Larrier to compete with Miller, Hamilton, Facey, etc. I imagine he'll be ready to contribute right away for us in 2016. Would love to get him.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Why is this a regular transfer? Didn't Smart leave VCU?

Reaction Score
Why is this a regular transfer? Didn't Smart leave VCU?

Typically when someone doesn't have to sit out for a year when they weren't a grad transfer, it's because they got a hardship waiver. Your coach leaving is not something the NCAA considers a hardship.

Reaction Score
Typically when someone doesn't have to sit out for a year when they weren't a grad transfer, it's because they got a hardship waiver. Your coach leaving is not something the NCAA considers a hardship.
Didn't AO get to play right away at Mizzou after JC retired? Or did his being a rising senior have something to do with it

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Didn't AO get to play right away at Mizzou after JC retired? Or did his being a rising senior have something to do with it

Oriakhi could play immediately because we were banned from the tournament for his senior year.

Reaction Score
If you transfer because your original school is ineligible for the postseason for the entirety of your remaining eligibility, you don't have to sit. In contrast, this is why Roscoe did have to sit after transferring.

Reaction Score
No more hardship waivers. The only kids who can transfer and be immediately eligible are grad transfers or kids like Oriakhi whose team is ineligble for the postseason for the rest of his career.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If he closes Larrier, we'll be looking for some sort of explanation. Either they drastically improved one or more aspects of their recruiting, or there's something particularly appealing about our program to transfers. Or maybe we just got unlucky for a while and now we're lucky again.
Sure seems that Rodney Purvis became happy with the change to UConn. KO perseverance; he was after this kid. If you're not happy where you are, have faith in KO.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Quite frankly very athletic but not a knock down shooter.

I remember hearing things like this about Deandre his freshman year when he shot 34% from 3 and eventualyl had his minutes reduced. By his junior year he knocked down 3's at nearly 47%. Not to mention those filthy turn-around J's he was hitting in the tourney.

Some kids just get it later than others. I have no doubt Larrier can be an impact player at UConn, especially with KO as his coach.

Reaction Score
Larrier will be a stud there no question in my mind. He had subpar numbers his freshman year. Remember he wasn't a top 20 freshman so I didnt expect him to put up numbers that a Stanley Johnson, Okafor, Winslow or the Kentucky kids put up. I think Ollies pro style offense is better suited for him. He will be two years older when he steps on the court and will produce.

Reaction Score
I remember hearing things like this about Deandre his freshman year when he shot 34% from 3 and eventualyl had his minutes reduced. By his junior year he knocked down 3's at nearly 47%. Not to mention those filthy turn-around J's he was hitting in the tourney.

Some kids just get it later than others. I have no doubt Larrier can be an impact player at UConn, especially with KO as his coach.

Those were his regular FG% numbers. He was at 24% from 3 as a freshman, 31% as a sophomore, and 42% as a junior.

caw

Reaction Score
Those were his regular FG% numbers. He was at 24% from 3 as a freshman, 31% as a sophomore, and 42% as a junior.
Lies, I have it on good authority players that old don't get better from three.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Oops. But yeah, same point. He struggled early with some saying he was only athletic. People practically wrote off the fact he was a top 15 recruit nationally. He knocked down 3's at a high clip his junior year.

Reaction Score
Lies, I have it on good authority players that old don't get better from three.

I thought of Chief when I saw a twitter convo between Gottlieb and some other hoops guy about how shooting is the easiest skill to improve (convo discussing Caroll on the Hawks)

Reaction Score
Don't mean to sound like an a** as I would love to bring him aboard, but I personally think if we can bring in one SF for 2016 VJ King is the man to get. Obviously lacks the college experience Larrier has but he appears more polished imo.

Reaction Score
I thought of Chief when I saw a twitter convo between Gottlieb and some other hoops guy about how shooting is the easiest skill to improve (convo discussing Caroll on the Hawks)
That is funny because Gottlieb was a horrible shooter. Sub 50% from FT I believe.

Reaction Score
Don't mean to sound like an a** as I would love to bring him aboard, but I personally think if we can bring in one SF for 2016 VJ King is the man to get. Obviously lacks the college experience Larrier has but he appears more polished imo.
I love King's talent, but it's gonna be tough to get him to commit to UConn over Louisville. If a guy as talented as Larrier wants to commit here, you go for it.

Reaction Score
That is funny because Gottlieb was a horrible shooter. Sub 50% from FT I believe.

Yea I could be mistaken. It may have been Zach Lowe or someone like that.

Reaction Score

If we can get Larrier now then we get him. In recruiting you can't sit around waiting and hoping. If we pass on Larrier and then King passes on us then what? Smart move is to grab Larrier now and if you can still get King then go for it if not then well we got Larrier and worry about another SF in the class of 2017.

caw

Reaction Score
I could be wrong (can't read the future) but Larrier and King could fit together similar to how Purvis and Hamilton fit together, or maybe more apt would be Daniels and a better Kromah.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I could be wrong (can't read the future) but Larrier and King could fit together similar to how Purvis and Hamilton fit together, or maybe more apt would be Daniels and a better Kromah.
Agree...especially since it's not a given Purvis will be on the team. If he puts together a very good year on a team that makes a big run...he's got a real chance at the first round. That would make plenty of room for King and Larrier on the perimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom